UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
    Pendenza signs ATO with Nashville - assigned to Milwaukee.

http://fox6now.com/2014/04/02/milwau...ree-to-roster/
    I didn't realize Joe had 1,614 goals last season. Very classy four years.

Comment

Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Good to see all these guys getting a chance

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Good to see all these guys getting a chance
        They definitely deserve it.

Comment

Doug Carr signs with the Abbottsford Heat, AHL affiliate of the Flames.

Comment

expect him to get a possible chance like hutton at the big time ... seeing calgary's goaltending situation
            BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Alright, sky falling... blah, blah, blah. Two hockey east championships and three NCAA appearances will start to echo through the ranks soon enough. As long as we don't bottom out next year things will be fine.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

The 2 that left were not really a surprise. The only thing that made Willie a surprise was the injury in the middle of the yr. THe rest were all gone already. A few yrs ago we were excited to have one person going somewhere after they graduated! This is great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  The 2 that left were not really a surprise. The only thing that made Willie a surprise was the injury in the middle of the yr. THe rest were all gone already. A few yrs ago we were excited to have one person going somewhere after they graduated! This is great stuff.
                  it wasn't really aimed at you

To me the only unknown is how do we come along in recruiting. That being said, it would seem that Norm has already put one recruit in the NHL (Folin), hopefully more to come.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    it wasn't really aimed at you

To me the only unknown is how do we come along in recruiting. That being said, it would seem that Norm has already put one recruit in the NHL (Folin), hopefully more to come.
                    Wait, I should take it all back. I am the QUeen of Dooom. We are Doooooomed. (I forgot the O man is omniscient and we are supposed to know we suck and will suck some more next yr )

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
                      expect him to get a possible chance like hutton at the big time ... seeing calgary's goaltending situation
                      The Flames drafted Gilles, so there's a chance he could bolt soon. He was quoted as saying no comment after PC lost to Union if he was going to go pro. Either way, good for Carr. He was part of the beginning of the transformation of the hockey program. Was hung out to dry his freshman season on the 5 win team and then backstopped the team to the Regional Finals in Bridgeport to graciously accepting the backup role to Connor midway last season, and then being the main guy for a while when Connor had the injury this year. It takes a lot of prep and mental toughness to be able to go from backup to starter back to backup.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        The Flames drafted Gilles, so there's a chance he could bolt soon. He was quoted as saying no comment after PC lost to Union if he was going to go pro. Either way, good for Carr. He was part of the beginning of the transformation of the hockey program. Was hung out to dry his freshman season on the 5 win team and then backstopped the team to the Regional Finals in Bridgeport to graciously accepting the backup role to Connor midway last season, and then being the main guy for a while when Connor had the injury this year. It takes a lot of prep and mental toughness to be able to go from backup to starter back to backup.
                        Flames are starting to look scarier down the line. Once JG goes there and with either Carr or Gilles they could be almost decent :P
                        I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
                          Flames are starting to look scarier down the line. Once JG goes there and with either Carr or Gilles they could be almost decent :P
                          But with Carr there now, how many more spots could they have for gillies? Gillies will be back for PC...

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                            I didn't realize Joe had 1,614 goals last season. Very classy four years.
                            I had no idea as well! The team's going to miss him more than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkUnderground View Post
                              I had no idea as well! The team's going to miss him more than I thought.
                              I can't believe he's not one of the Hobey Candidates! He's obviously put up much better numbers than Johnny Hockey!
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

This brave new world, while scary, is a good problem to have. All of us on this board recognize how fortunate we are to have watched this team evolve into a very successful program in the past few years. Coach Bazin had a huge challenge a few years ago when he took over a hockey team that did not have much success the previous year. Now I believe he has one of his biggest challenges - and that is to find a way to continue the success with the loss of the talent that has recently departed. There are still plenty of talented kids on the team - but can he get the younger kids to step up into leadership roles and continue the "team accountability" mantra? This will be interesting to see how it unfolds in the next 3 years. I think the Coach has the right personality, temperament, and buy-in from the kids to continue the success. My guess is that next year we can probably expect a drop in the standings - middle of the pack. And the following 2-3 years the team should be right back there in the thick of things.
                                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Working...
                                X