UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

I am a bit surprised about Willie. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Of course, if Hellebuyck comes back...
      And I bet Winnipeg will go after him hard given their goaltending situation.

Comment

Of course, if Hellebuyck comes back...
        As much as I would like to see you guys lose Carr and Hellebuyck I just don't see it happening. You almost never see goalies leave early for the big time. That said, WPG could use some help in net and Hellebuyck is probably their best bet. Getting him into the system early may not be such a bad idea. Although if he was going I would have thought it would have been announced by now.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          Shawn Hutcheon ‏@ShawnHutcheon 23m
          .@RiverHawkHockey junior forward Scott Wilson has signed with @penguins. @LowellSunSports

Best of luck to Scott!
          http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...in-hockey-east

Comment

Looks like Lowell's day in the Sun is setting....
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

And there it is. If he keeps saying it year after year, he'll be right at some point. Only been wrong the last three.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We're doomed. Our success was all driven by Scott Wilson. It had nothing to do with the arrival of Norm Bazin. Our record was an awful 7-1-2 in the 10 games he didn't dress this year due to injury.

In all seriousness. Congrats to him, I enjoyed watching him play the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  Agreed. I'd like to less AHA teams on the schedule this year. Do Denver and CC owe us a visit too? I saw CC is coming out to play PC so that probably means they won't come out here twice.
                  Monty with the help of MaryK posted this back on 9/20/12 based on information Norm shared regarding future home games. I have no idea if this is still accurate.

For the most part next season looks to be what I expected with the Big 10 schools coming in. It looks like Harvard still owes Lowell a visit as they didn't come in this season.

Thanks to MaryK for getting the picture for me.

Non-conference home games coming up are:

Harvard
                  Clarkson
                  Quinnipiac

Penn State
                  Michigan
                  Michigan State
                  Quinnipiac
                  RPI

Brown
                  Colorado College

Denver
                  St. Lawrence
                  Minnesota Duluth

Comment

Thank you for sharing, if those are the teams that end up visiting that looks pretty good to me.

Comment

We're doomed. Our success was all driven by Scott Wilson. It had nothing to do with the arrival of Norm Bazin. Our record was an awful 7-1-2 in the 10 games he didn't dress this year due to injury.

In all seriousness. Congrats to him, I enjoyed watching him play the last 3 years.
                      Agreed. If Connor comes back, there's still a lot of hope for next season. He can help cover for mistakes as the freshmen learn this level. If he doesn't, a lot of pressure on Boyle for sure.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Dooomed, Dooooomed, Dooooooooooomed...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Dooomed, Dooooomed, Dooooooooooomed...
                          I was just starting to get over my hockey season postpartum depression and now this. It's back under the covers for me!

Comment

Originally posted by ULowell'81 View Post
                            I was just starting to get over my hockey season postpartum depression and now this. It's back under the covers for me!
                            heh.

Comment

Pendenza signs ATO with Nashville - assigned to Milwaukee.

http://fox6now.com/2014/04/02/milwau...ree-to-roster/
                              Last edited by MaryK; 04-02-2014, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                                Pendenza signs ATO with Nashville - assigned to Milwaukee.

http://fox6now.com/2014/04/02/milwau...ree-to-roster/
                                Good luck to Joe as well.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X