This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

And for anyone who was thinking this, I guess it's a good thing I don't play for the Saints because I have/had a really bad habit of overlooking our present opponent/opponents to our matchup with Clarkson
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Anyone else planning on making the trip to Canton for this weekends games? Students are on break (of course!) so we could use all the fan support we could possibly get! I'll be there for Saturday's game only as I have prior engagements for tonight I have to attend. I'm thinking we will probably be good for a split this weekend, while keeping hope for a sweep!! Let's Go Saints!!!
      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Marnell still out. Hagan up to top line in place of Hughes, usual corps of Dmen minus Martin, but with Purmal slotted in with Graham on the 3rd pairing.

Comment

Mission complete. Hayton's 4th shutout this year already!

Comment

Well, we wanted at least two points this weekend playing shorthanded . . . and there they are. Play hard tomorrow and see what happens. Nice win.

Comment

Total domination. I know Bob Prier is smiling.

Comment

Way to keep it going Saints ! Hoping you tie Q-Pac and Gate beats Yale, would create a three way tie for first.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Another stellar game by the Saints. What a fun and surprising season thus far. Great to see Hayton collect his 4th shutout. Talk about balance and a smorgasbord of scoring, all goals and assists were tallied by different players. I always feel it is a good sign when your attack is varied and guys are picking each other up. Sorry to see Clarkson beat Q-Pac, I blame Sullivan for picking them to win the weekend out. Tough task tonight, but I feel the boys are up to it. Go Saints Go!

Comment

A nice, but important win against Princeton last evening. It's key to win the games you are supposed to win and last night was one of those.

It should be an interesting matchup tonight. It is a bummer Hughes will be out, but this team has depth, so it is next man up. Speaking of the bench, in last night's pre game show, they indicated Marnell has been cleared to play, but the coaches were being cautious and he would be back for the Clarkson game. Glad to hear that he is ok and we'll see him speeding around Appleton next weekend.
                    SLU '97

Comment

With Purmal scoring his first of the season last night, the Saints now have 21 different goal scorer's for 46 goals this season. Only Dahl has yet to get one, as far as skaters who have played a game, although there are also only 24 skaters on the roster. Nobody has more than 4 goals.

The balance of this team is truly astonishing to me. It's certainly a very nice luxury that we haven't been able to enjoy in a very long time, probably back to the '00 or '01 teams. Tonight will be a great test as well, with the temptation to look forward to next weekend and a young team. Maybe it is a good thing the boys already got a couple Clarkson games and the experience that comes with that.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        With Purmal scoring his first of the season last night, the Saints now have 21 different goal scorer's for 46 goals this season. Only Dahl has yet to get one, as far as skaters who have played a game, although there are also only 24 skaters on the roster. Nobody has more than 4 goals.

The balance of this team is truly astonishing to me. It's certainly a very nice luxury that we haven't been able to enjoy in a very long time, probably back to the '00 or '01 teams. Tonight will be a great test as well, with the temptation to look forward to next weekend and a young team. Maybe it is a good thing the boys already got a couple Clarkson games and the experience that comes with that.
                        And Dahl could have had two last night...he was one of the best players for the Saints. He had two posts I think.

This team proves the team is so much more important than any individual player. On paper, who wouldn't want Matt Carey over Joe Sullivan. On this team though, we are better because we have a kid like Sullivan over Matt Carey. This team is showing chemistry, effort, unselfishness, speed and are playing systems that the coaches lay down to perfection. Sullivan gets hauled down five times on one shift but keeps going and draws a PP on the fifth one as the boos grew louder. Gluchowski could have had a couple last night too. If this team can find the touch on the PP they had last year, they could really be dangerous. Right now, that's really the only part of the game they need to solve.

A win tonight and we have sole possession of first place with one league game left before 2015. I hope the guys remember who they are playing tonight.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

After our game had ended and during the UMass-Lowell at Notre Dame broadcast on NBCSN, Pierre McQuire stated the UML was second in the country with 19 different goal scorers and that SLU, led by second-yr. coach Greg Carvel had 20 different goal scorers to lead D-1. Well, Pierre missed by a year on Greg's time as head coach and the 20 instead of 21 was a timing thing.

I'm sure the coaches have reminded the team that we got trounced 8-0 last Feb. by Q'Pac in Appleton. It will take our very best effort to beat the Q tonight.
                          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                            And Dahl could have had two last night...he was one of the best players for the Saints. He had two posts I think.

This team proves the team is so much more important than any individual player. On paper, who wouldn't want Matt Carey over Joe Sullivan. On this team though, we are better because we have a kid like Sullivan over Matt Carey. This team is showing chemistry, effort, unselfishness, speed and are playing systems that the coaches lay down to perfection. Sullivan gets hauled down five times on one shift but keeps going and draws a PP on the fifth one as the boos grew louder. Gluchowski could have had a couple last night too. If this team can find the touch on the PP they had last year, they could really be dangerous. Right now, that's really the only part of the game they need to solve.

A win tonight and we have sole possession of first place with one league game left before 2015. I hope the guys remember who they are playing tonight.
                            Sullivan is one of MANY that epitomize this team - they work their butts off. 8-4-1 so far has been earned; agree on the PP and think we need to cut down on the breakaways allowed (although it will not matter if Hayton continues stopping them). Q is going to come out very hungry tonight; we will need to match their intensity in order to get two points.
                            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Sullivan reminds me of another of my favorite Saints---------------- Joe Day, who was a crowd pleaser for sure.
                              brashersaintsfan

Comment

Originally posted by slu fan View Post
                                Sullivan reminds me of another of my favorite Saints---------------- Joe Day, who was a crowd pleaser for sure.
                                Crowd pleaser and lady killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X