• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
    Found this on The Boneyard ..I hope this helps:
    http://pacmail.em.marketinghq.net/co...1/image001.jpg
    Thanks,have season tickets @ Maine and will go thru the away game ticket application...just wondering what they charged @ the CC compared to the UConn rink...have a good summer and WELCOME to Hockey East..!

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
      No clue just yet, but it was $7, I think. Perhaps $10? No need for advanced tix. Just belly up to the ticket window. Probably just the lower bowl open. Best seats for hockey are in the corners at the bottom of the aisles that only go half way down.
      Don't know for sure but Season tickets package averages $15/game so I wold guess that's the top end. Last year when they played the Holiday tourney there they had tickets for $12 and I want to say $15 but I'm not certain of that. I paid $12 and sat in the corner of the lower bowl. Quite good seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
        ... sat in the corner of the lower bowl. Quite good seats.
        Exactly. Counter-intuitive but so true.

Comment

Best seats for hockey are in the corners at the bottom of the aisles that only go half way down.
          Here? http://i.imgur.com/ypR3ua5.jpg
          Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
            Wow. Nice pic. Yeah, there and the one just to the right isn't bad either I would think. The owners and GM of the Whalers used to sit there often, btw.

Comment

Wow. Nice pic. Yeah, there and the one just to the right isn't bad either I would think. The owners and GM of the Whalers used to sit there often, btw.
              Dick I wish I had this info the other day. My wife called me to ask where we wanted to sit, I said center ice on either side (behind benches and penalty box). I'll just have to keep this in mind for next season.

Comment

Dick I wish I had this info the other day. My wife called me to ask where we wanted to sit, I said center ice on either side (behind benches and penalty box). I'll just have to keep this in mind for next season.
                My advice is to just walk over to wherever you want to sit and sit down. It's not like there will be huge crowds there or anything. I am sure some of those corner seats will be available in the first year.

Comment

First off, welcome to Hockey East. I'm excited to see UConn play, being from CT myself. Lotta high school buds are at Storrs now, looking forward to making the trip there in February.

I was looking over the UConn roster as well as the Heisenberg 2014 list- seems that Grogan got the majority of the minutes for you guys in net. Is Nichols expected to rise into that starter's role this year? Or a freshman coming in? Heisenberg has no goalie listed, but I assume Coach Cav has one coming.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Liberty Invitational tickets on sale August 1. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20140719mj1yrp
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      First off, welcome to Hockey East. I'm excited to see UConn play, being from CT myself. Lotta high school buds are at Storrs now, looking forward to making the trip there in February.

I was looking over the UConn roster as well as the Heisenberg 2014 list- seems that Grogan got the majority of the minutes for you guys in net. Is Nichols expected to rise into that starter's role this year? Or a freshman coming in? Heisenberg has no goalie listed, but I assume Coach Cav has one coming.
                      Thanks, I get the impression that there is some excitemnt building on campus for big time hockey. As far as the goalie situation, Nichols and Grogan pretty much split the duties over the second half of the season. I keep hearing they will be bringing in a freshman goalie other than the one they have announced, who sounds like a backup mostly to me. But based on the current roster, I'd expect Nichols to see most of the action next season. that could change if this mystery recruit turns out to be real.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        Thanks, I get the impression that there is some excitemnt building on campus for big time hockey. As far as the goalie situation, Nichols and Grogan pretty much split the duties over the second half of the season. I keep hearing they will be bringing in a freshman goalie other than the one they have announced, who sounds like a backup mostly to me. But based on the current roster, I'd expect Nichols to see most of the action next season. that could change if this mystery recruit turns out to be real.
                        For whatever reason, Nichols had the better record in the second half last year by far. With Grogan gone, you would have to say the starting job is his to lose. But hot freshmen have come in before ....

Comment

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...073114aaa.html

Welcome to Hockey East! Somebody ought to tell your athletics communications people that it's the (J. Thom) Lawler Arena not the "Lawlor Rink."

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                            http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...073114aaa.html

Welcome to Hockey East! Somebody ought to tell your athletics communications people that it's the (J. Thom) Lawler Arena not the "Lawlor Rink."
                            Yikes, we will get right on that.
                            Last edited by RSTuthill; 08-02-2014, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I don't know if anyone caught Warde Manuel with Joe D tonight on Sportstalk....he had this to say about ticket sales at the XL Center for HE games:
                              He hopes to sell out the lower bowl at the XL Center for Hockey East (@ 6000 seats) & that the initial reception was positive with ticket sales well on the way to attaining that goal

Comment

I don't know if anyone caught Warde Manuel with Joe D tonight on Sportstalk....he had this to say about ticket sales at the XL Center for HE games:
                                He hopes to sell out the lower bowl at the XL Center for Hockey East (@ 6000 seats) & that the initial reception was positive with ticket sales well on the way to attaining that goal
                                Get on the bus, Gus!!! It's leaving the station.

Comment

Working...
                                X