Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by pucks711 View Post
    Looks like the UCONN tournament is no more. UCONN, Quinny, Sacred Heart, and Union are playing at Webster Bank in Bridgeport that time frame. Looks like it is the first edition of the "CT Cup" they have been trying to work out. Says while not this year it looks favorably that Yale will be a part of it in the future.

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com/
    It's possible that UCONN is still hosting it, and the location has been changed.

Comment

I know UConn and Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport have been talking about holding basketball and hockey games there annually. UConn basketball played Eastern Washington there this year and sold out the place. The UConn womens basketball team has played there a few times in the NCAA tournament to good crowds and expects to play a game there next season, too. So this could well be part of the same undertaking. Not so sure what is going on with Providence. They might be involved and possibly the Holiday event won't change until next year? Then again our game with PC this year was listed as early November in one place, late November in another and finally ended up as a late January game.

Comment

I think it's a good move to put this tournament in Bridgeport. It gives UCONN hockey exposure to the southern/western portion of the state (especially Fairfield County). I wouldn't be surprised if this was a UCONN athletic department deal with Webster Bank..since they have a pretty big sponsorship deal with them. I am looking forward to the new barn plans for campus. Once those are introduced it will truly be full speed ahead for Cav.

Comment

RSTuthill....I spent half my childhood at Bolton Ice Palace, and when I was lucky the old Munsun's across the street or the old cider mill. Those were the days.

Comment

And hey, the athletic department might have a windfall coming their way soon.
            Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
              RSTuthill....I spent half my childhood at Bolton Ice Palace, and when I was lucky the old Munsun's across the street or the old cider mill. Those were the days.
              The BIP is the same as it ever was, although decently maintained. Munsons is getting bigger, many more stores now. Morris Silverstein's cider mill is no more, however.

Comment

Now that we will be playing in HE...I can see a pretty decent change over in the roster next year with no less than 7 new players. Does Cav bring in more than 7...and does he bring in another goalie to challenge Nichols for #1 job.

Comment

Little ol' CT, think we can make it 4 major national championships in 12 months on Tuesday? Colin Cowherd was ranting today about how our state does not deserve all of these championships, going on to say that UCONN was a freezing cow pasture with no reason to have any good sports teams. Amazing win by the BB team tonight, almost as exciting as the Yale Hockey run last year.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Congrats on squeakball win.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      going on to say that UCONN was a freezing cow pasture with no reason to have any good sports teams.
                      To be fair, Storrs is just the worst. It really is only farms and the college. The bars and restaurants don't even stay open in the summer. But as a native Nutmegger, I'm thrilled with all the wins.
                      Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Little ol' CT, think we can make it 4 major national championships in 12 months on Tuesday? UCONN was a freezing cow pasture with no reason to have any good sports teams. Amazing win by the BB team tonight, almost as exciting as the Yale Hockey run last year.
                        I don't know...one has to wonder if anyone has been to Iowa City or God forbid, Starkville Mississippi or some of those places...Or to Storrs in recent years. I spent a week in Potsdam NY one day, and as the story goes, people get very depressed when they leave Syracuse, because to leave Syracuse means you've actually spent time in Syracuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                          To be fair, Storrs is just the worst. It really is only farms and the college. The bars and restaurants don't even stay open in the summer. But as a native Nutmegger, I'm thrilled with all the wins.
                          Actually, they have a master development plan and commercial development is now occurring ... after being stymied for decades and decades by certain interests.

Comment

Ryan Tyson wearing the C, Trevor Gerling and Patrick Kirtland wearing As next season. I like it, good mix of gritty do anything to win at the top. That's what you need as leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by pucks711 View Post
                              Ryan Tyson wearing the C, Trevor Gerling and Patrick Kirtland wearing As next season. I like it, good mix of gritty do anything to win at the top. That's what you need as leadership.
                              +1

Comment

Next year isn't going to be about pretty and play making. Going to be all about heart and courage, going to be a fun challenge. Hopefully the schedule is released soon. Dying to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X