• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Welcome to national tv.

Comment

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Well done. Now for both the points at home on Sunday. They are in reach if the Huskies want them enough.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
        Well done. Now for both the points at home on Sunday. They are in reach if the Huskies want them enough.
        Agreed. Looking forward to Sunday.

Comment

Is the team traveling today? Hopefully they came down yesterday, ice storm has made a mess of the state.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Is the team traveling today?
            Yes, backwards. But that is perhaps a bit harsh.
            Last edited by RSTuthill; 01-18-2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Good first period, but the second was pathetic. They were dominated for the whole period. That set the tone for the rest of the game. Doing my best to simmer expectations, as we have been pleasantly surprised to date. Those were two big league points, but "we're on to BC".

Comment

Well, tonight should be interesting. No reason that the Huskies cannot give BC one helluva game again.

Btw, did we get to a new century again so quick? I mean ... Yale and Union are the last two NC$$ champions, and now MANKATO is ranked number 1??? I am thinking UConn might contend by the end of the decade if this kind of can happen. I remember watching Mankato play as a D-2 in Anchorage in the 90's. (Out on the concourses between periods, in addition to beer you could get whiskey and other hard liquor.) That's more progress than Union made in a shorter amount of time. It is a new day, I guess.

Comment

Well, tonight should be interesting. No reason that the Huskies cannot give BC one helluva game again.
                  Almost tied it up at the end. I am sure the Huskies are not satisfied, but it definitely was a good effort. Looking forward to this week if they do not postpone.

Comment

Almost tied it up at the end. I am sure the Huskies are not satisfied, but it definitely was a good effort. Looking forward to this week if they do not postpone.
                    I agree on the effort. With Ronan and Schwartz out of the line-up, they played BC tough. Word has it that Johnny Austin is hurt, no sure how bad, but that's another big loss. UConn needs to get some of these guys back, as it could derail their HE playoff hopes. With victories, and ties, over some of the top teams, they basically control their own destiny. Up until last week, they were somewhat healthy all year long, these injuries could be their demise.

The silver lining is that their effort, goal-tending and team defense have been the keys to their competitiveness.

A split this weekend is necessary, anything more than 2 points would be a great weekend.

Comment

Home & home with Maine tonight and Sunday. How do you guys see the weekend going?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Home & home with Maine tonight and Sunday. How do you guys see the weekend going?
                        We have no clue. A first for us.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                          Stealing 2 points in Orono is an outstanding start. Didn't sound like their best game, but another demonstration of dogged determination by this young squad. They are certainly not intimidated. It's no coincidence that effort came on the heels of Coach Cav's decision to have an influential Bowdoin College professor of the art of warfare speak to the team.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...129-story.html

The team is now in position to make this a great weekend. Hopefully the XL will be packed and loud Sunday, with the consistent effort these guys give night in and night out, they deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkStar12 View Post
                            The team is now in position to make this a great weekend. Hopefully the XL will be packed and loud Sunday, with the consistent effort these guys give night in and night out, they deserve it.
                            Haven't been able to get to many games this year, but I am definitely gonna be there for this. The perfect thing just before the Super Bowl. Section 124 row S seats 5 & 6 (bottom of the short aisle, where a Whalers GM used to sit). A chance for the Huskies to make history with their first HE weekend sweep. And to get to 0.500 at a point more than half way through the season.
                            Last edited by RSTuthill; 01-31-2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Haven't been able to get to many games this year, but I am definitely gonna be there for this. The perfect thing just before the Super Bowl. Section 124 row S seats 5 & 6 (bottom of the short aisle, where a Whalers GM used to sit). A chance for the Huskies to make history with their first HE weekend sweep. And to get to 0.500 at a point more than half way through the season.
                              Yeah who would have thought they would have a chance to be .500 in February. This is such a big game today. With Merrimack and UNH both losing, these two points are gigantic.

Comment

Well ... like kissing your sister. But let's be realistic, 3 points on the weekend is something we will take. All those who predicted this at the start of the season please stand up. [Just what I thought, nobody.] One helluva hockey game. Very evenly matched teams although I thought the Grade A's were slightly in UConn's favor. The Huskies have got some guys who can really dangle with the puck. But UConn was very very lucky to have that last goal against called back with 21 seconds left in regulation.

On to the next leg of journey: Providence at the XL on Wednesday. That will be a challenge.
                                Last edited by RSTuthill; 02-01-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X