Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
    It's only through 4 games but this is from Mike Anthony's article in the Courant this morning:

UConn leads Hockey East in average attendance at 6,188 after four games at the XL Center. Boston College (6,021) is second, followed by New Hampshire (5,476) and UMass Lowell (5,246). The Huskies sold out their home opener (8,089) Nov. 5 against BC and drew 3,879 for RPI, 5,072 for Vermont and 7,712 for Boston University.

Link to full article: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...126-story.html
    With that said,what are the plans for the on Campus Arena,Capacity wise? What is the time table for it being in place?

Comment

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
      It's only through 4 games but this is from Mike Anthony's article in the Courant this morning:

UConn leads Hockey East in average attendance at 6,188 after four games at the XL Center. Boston College (6,021) is second, followed by New Hampshire (5,476) and UMass Lowell (5,246). The Huskies sold out their home opener (8,089) Nov. 5 against BC and drew 3,879 for RPI, 5,072 for Vermont and 7,712 for Boston University.

Link to full article: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...126-story.html
      They sold out the seats that were available for sale at the home opener, not the capacity of the arena. Still a very impressive number! Glad to see the program is off to such an impressive start in Hockey East.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

A new recruit:
        Over The Boards @OTBPuckWatch · 2h 2 hours ago
        99 D Connor Mayer (Benilde-St. Margaret's) commits to Connecticut. Huge get. Confident puck-mover with great potential. Our #15 uncommitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          With that said,what are the plans for the on Campus Arena,Capacity wise? What is the time table for it being in place?
          Not sure, but the Governor wants most HE games played at the XL. For sure they would draw better there as they are tapping into both UConn BB and the professional hockey fan bases. Storrs ... I am guessing not so much.

Also, since the Gov wants most games downtown, I wonder if they get the money to build an on campus barn.

On a different subject, the Huskies women's hockey team is hosting defending national champion and currently fifth ranked Clarkson at Freitas tonight. Also in the Nutmeg Classic is (#4) QU who play Yale in the curtain-raiser. As you might imagine, I plan to be there even though I have not watched a lot of women's hockey in my time.
          Last edited by RSTuthill; 11-28-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ta-high-school

More on Mayer
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
              Not sure, but the Governor wants most HE games played at the XL. For sure they would draw better there as they are tapping into both UConn BB and the professional hockey fan bases. Storrs ... I am guessing not so much.

Also, since the Gov wants most games downtown, I wonder if they get the money to build an on campus barn.

On a different subject, the Huskies women's hockey team is hosting defending national champion and currently fifth ranked Clarkson at Freitas tonight. Also in the Nutmeg Classic is (#4) QU who play Yale in the curtain-raiser. As you might imagine, I plan to be there even though I have not watched a lot of women's hockey in my time.
              Dick...the on-campus barn was part of their HE acceptance. I think you'll see the high profile games stay in Hartford...and the on-campus barn will be between 4500-5500 capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
                Dick...the on-campus barn was part of their HE acceptance. I think you'll see the high profile games stay in Hartford...and the on-campus barn will be between 4500-5500 capacity.
                Yup, I know. But CT is headed into a couple years of big deficits. Just sayin' ....

Comment

Last I saw the new barn will be paid for like the basketball facility...through private donations. That's why some of the other sports (baseball, softball to name a few) have been told that they were moved to the back burner.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                    But CT is headed into a couple years of big deficits. Just sayin' ....
                    Frickin' Bush, the guy is everywhere... went to Yale didn't he?... it's his fault.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Nice article: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...128-story.html

Comment

Not a good loss today to Brown...time to move on and focus on Wed night against UMASS-Lowell. Cav sat Richardson again today and had Koonas at left wing on the 2nd line with Ojantkanen in the middle and Ronan on the right side.

Comment

Not surprising. Lack of consistency and playing at the level of the competition has been a UConn hallmark for the last decade.

Comment

Losing to SHU and Brown were disappointments. Losing last night to UMass Lowell, while also a disappointment, was not discouraging. A goal and an empty netter playing in the other guy's barn, a team that may be the best in the league. UConn will be OK. They are developing. There were some positives. The Courant made it sound like they under-performed. Not at all in my opinion. They could easily have been blown out by a team of that caliber. They weren't. And they scored some goals. What more does the Courant want this year?

Comment

The courant is such garbage its hard not to notice. They go out of there way to either devalue UConn in results or bash when they find something negative. Don't read them. The football fan base is about 60% turned off by them and begging others to stop giving them quarters and hits. The worst is Dez Connor the football writer. If all of UConn fans in general turn them off maybe they will finally hire some actual beat writers and not snotty jerks or Cuse grads who are desperate to move out of that concrete broken down jail cell they Syracuse.

Its been a refreshing year watching this team compete. I get on Warde more than anyone about how he's not changing the football experience, but he's doing a great job with hockey and the staff. Its going to be another year or 2 before we are really a every night top 25 contender but we are on the way. In hockey with only 60 something teams and half of those being small private schools in niche towns/areas, the sport is ripe for big brand name publics who have the base and brand to compete immediately. With football being so down this has become a fun follow for UConn fans in general. We needed something positive. IF anything, I think you could call this years team the wildcard in the league. We can skate any night with you.

They are sleeping on us in the city of Boston.

Comment

Dan, which nickname do you like better: Bob Fiasco or Bob Debacle?
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X