X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by UConn4Life View Post
    Y'all miss me?

With about a minute to go, I thought about RST. You, Dobbs, and the small band of folks who gave this program loyalty it probably didn't deserve. Guys who went to games against Iona and AIC, who went to games back in the outside days. Guys who dreamed of a night like tonight, an atmosphere like tonight.

Of all the people I'm happy for, I'm happiest for you guys. Dobbs I could see from where I was sitting, taking pictures of what felt like a mirage.

Brighter days are hopefully ahead. Greater peaks to climb. Tonight was one game- that's hockey. BC can and will probably kill them at Conte.

But we will always have tonight. Even if it only means anything to us, that's all it has to be.
    Its not like you went to the moon, Zack
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Game story from Wednesday:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...mike-cavanaugh
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Nice WIN!

Comment

Congrats UConn on the win.
          Congrats to former Eagles Cav and Richardson.
          You earned the win.

Looking forward to seeing UConn at Conte in January.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyfanDan View Post
            BC put in a pretty nice try at the upset tonight. They have a good team with a impressive trophy case and lots of college hockey history. Looking forward to playing them more. Tonight is a great example why small private schools in college sports who have history before America is what it is today, try to keep big publics and state schools down. Because they can't compete. Not in money, base size, on the playing field or in ball sack girth. BC has tried its hardest for 2 decades to keep UConn away, for some reason they couldn't keep us out of HE like they have in other spots, they will never live so comfortably in the hockey world again.
            are you THE huskyfandan?

Comment

Originally posted by UConn4Life View Post
              Y'all miss me?

With about a minute to go, I thought about RST. You, Dobbs, and the small band of folks who gave this program loyalty it probably didn't deserve. Guys who went to games against Iona and AIC, who went to games back in the outside days. Guys who dreamed of a night like tonight, an atmosphere like tonight.

Of all the people I'm happy for, I'm happiest for you guys. Dobbs I could see from where I was sitting, taking pictures of what felt like a mirage.

Brighter days are hopefully ahead. Greater peaks to climb. Tonight was one game- that's hockey. BC can and will probably kill them at Conte.

But we will always have tonight. Even if it only means anything to us, that's all it has to be.
              Thanks for this post. I remember in particular one night under the Eero Saarinen roof against North Adams State. The temperature was like -5 F and the wind was 20 mph. There weren't 20 people in the stands. Dorothy and I had to move down behind the glass at one end to get out of the wind -- and banging on that glass as the Huskies came back from a 3 goal deficit to win. We were wondering what the heck we were doing there. We must have been out of our minds. That night stands out in stark contrast to last night.

Completely understand the enthusiasm of the new fans. They are very welcome. We just need to keep it classy, especially with a program that supported UConn's entry into Hockey East -- very much against the prevailing opinion in Boston at the time. Jerry York and company did what was good for the sport in their support. The trash talking can take place on the BB and FB boards which is where the real rivalries are. Hockey ... not so much.

Comment

Great support.. well done. Nice win Huskies.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyfanDan View Post
                  Welcome to the new hockey east. Where small private schools no longer get to roam around being bullies to everyone. UConn is here to compete and win. We're not expecting championships up the was su, but we are not going to take one word of bs from BC fans mouths about how great nineteen thirty freaking four was in sports for them. No more elitist bull. No more we don't belong, can't compete and won't recruit. Every sport uconn has upgraded we heard the same story and one after another we have taken those eagles to the shed and beat the daylights out of them. That's why they don't want us around. They are afraid. They would rather have ISIS invade New England they UConn playing them in football. To call them a bad word for cats when it comes to playing games would be a understatement.

Bring it.

BC recruits the same way Duke basketball does: Nothing but snooty rich kids. Congrats UConn from this BC-hating Maine fan. See you in February up in Orono

Comment

Congrats UConn on the 1st Hockey East Game, the crowd, the facility, and of course the win. This us HUGE fir college hockey, UConn and the entire State of CT!! Congrats Coach Cav :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Hey Tuts, I will say, I am very happy for you. And Butchy.
                      Thank you very much. I knew this day would come. But not this fast and never imagined we'd win our first game against BC!

UConn is now a hockey school. Amazing what conference affiliations can do...

Comment

Originally posted by Butch View Post
                        UConn is now a hockey school. Amazing what conference affiliations can do...
                        The Voice of Clarkson Hockey, Bob Ahlfeld, was at the game (Clarkson plays Yale tomorrow night and he happened to be in town). I told him afterward that I had thought of him during the game. Another school that my alma mater (Clarkson) has to recruit against now. So be it. Good for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                          The Voice of Clarkson Hockey, Bob Ahlfeld, was at the game (Clarkson plays Yale tomorrow night and he happened to be in town). I told him afterward that I had thought of him during the game. Another school that my alma mater (Clarkson) has to recruit against now. So be it. Good for the game.
                          Our potential is obviously ridiculously scary. The crowd last night was very loud. We definitely will make the college hockey world proud.

Comment

Hearing of UConn beating BC made me happy, if for only a moment.

Comment

4-4 tie at BU tonight. Taking 3 of 4 points in back to back games is pretty awesome. Now on to the next game.....

Comment

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
                                4-4 tie at BU tonight. Taking 3 of 4 points in back to back games is pretty awesome. Now on to the next game.....
                                I am almost more impressed with this result than I was with the one on Wednesday. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X