UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Yikes!! The season has started!! How did this happen? Can't wait to get back from Africa where summer has just started. Huskies!!!!!

Comment

Here we go! Game will be on the B1G network online I believe.

Comment

Anyone know what the "major announcement" will be from UCONN Athletics today? It was all over Twitter yesterday the the Hartford Whalers Booster Club has given UCONN permission to use "Brass Bonanza" as the song played after a goal.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Anyone know what the "major announcement" will be from UCONN Athletics today? It was all over Twitter yesterday the the Hartford Whalers Booster Club has given UCONN permission to use "Brass Bonanza" as the song played after a goal.
          Yesterday was the soccer donation, Friday is the basketball center naming reveal, so I don't think these have to do with hockey beyond the Brass Bonanza announcement. I'm praying for a BU shutout in Hartford or that's going to be a very difficult time.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            they're shutting down the football program?

Comment

the b1g invite really did get lost in the mail?

Comment

Permission is needed to use brass bonanza?

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                the b1g invite really did get lost in the mail?
                Feel the hate
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Permission is needed to use brass bonanza?
                  No, but it's the kind of thing that if they started using it without the unofficial OK, it'd be frowned upon.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Feel the hate
                    no hate at all, just having fun

Comment

The brass bonanza is one of my favorite things ever.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They've been using it for years when UConn scores. I guess now with the Hockey East publicity someone thought it ought to be somewhat official. I'm fine with it, though have a preference for the actual UConn fight song. But I think I'm in the minority. As long as we don't show up in blue & green instead of national flag blue & white I'm fine though. Can't wait for the home opener. From the sound of things there will be a few people there.

Comment

Had the chance to watch the game last night on ESPN3. I saw a young team who played very well in the first period, and desperately tried to keep up in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Robby Nicholls stood on his head and a bang bang play resulted in a OT loss. Not a bad showing for their first HE game...it will be fun to watch these freshman and sophomores mature as the season goes on.
                          Now for the other good news regarding the new on-campus barn/team facility. In the master plan that was just released the barn/team facility is to be built on the corner of Rt 195 & Rt 275.
                          Here is the link to the 20 year master plan:
                          http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2014/10/...storrs-campus/

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                            They've been using it for years when UConn scores. I guess now with the Hockey East publicity someone thought it ought to be somewhat official. I'm fine with it, though have a preference for the actual UConn fight song. But I think I'm in the minority. As long as we don't show up in blue & green instead of national flag blue & white I'm fine though. Can't wait for the home opener. From the sound of things there will be a few people there.
                            The actual fight song is not very inspiring.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...tland-sam-anas

UConn picks up first win of season.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Wish I went to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X