X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National Semi-Final: Minnesota vs. North Dakota

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    And pretty bad at that too.
    Pretty bad? He's given this whole thread some life!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Meanwhile, we will keep our University of Minnesota name and continue to proudly represent the entire State of Minnesota. And North Dakota State can assume that same role for North Dakota.
      Biddy - isn't it great that the UofM represents you and the rest of tUND students and alumni? I'm sure it's a relief for Jan-fan too

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Pretty bad? He's given this whole thread some life!

I don't know. He's not as entertaining as the zingers about TV ratings and contracts continue to be.

Comment

Originally posted by flyund View Post
        You guys know that bashing the Sugar Beet Farmers is bashing your tax base right? as a corporation incorporated in Moorhead and has more people in Minnesota employed then North Dakota right?

This kind of like when they found out that one of their own shagged a goat.

Comment

Here it is. Go big or go home:

http://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h..._7501029_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyL0Q2rDF8s
          Last edited by The Rube; 04-08-2014, 11:48 PM.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Tough to lose on the weekend when they won't be advancing to the weekend game..
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              We've got suburbs, yes we do. We've got suburbs, how bout you?

Fargo and Winnipeg
              I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
              - Bilbo Baggins

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              – A. Einstein

Why are some people so hung up on their rights?
              - dropthatpuck

Comment

• Originally posted by dainthomas View Post
                Fargo and Winnipeg
                With a population over 660,000, I doubt that Winnipeg is the suburb.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by flyund View Post
                  You guys know that bashing the Sugar Beet Farmers is bashing your tax base right? as a corporation incorporated in Moorhead and has more people in Minnesota employed then North Dakota right?
                  dirty bashes sugar beets, gets them all squishy, and then has sex with them in his mom's basement. that's homegrown talent at it's best.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    dirty bashes sugar beets, gets them all squishy, and then has sex with them in his mom's basement. that's homegrown talent at it's best.
                    And my mom's basement is in Minnesota. Thus giving credence to the idea that Minnesota produces more homegrown talent when it comes to sugar beets!
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      And my mom's basement is in Minnesota. Thus giving credence to the idea that Minnesota produces more homegrown talent when it comes to sugar beets!
                      I just hope you cuddle when you get done.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

This time tomorrow I will be in the air and on my way to Philly!!!
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Keys to the game:keeping UND's homegrown talent in check and getting our lack of homegrown talent to play hard for 60 min.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Biddy - isn't it great that the UofM represents you and the rest of tUND students and alumni? I'm sure it's a relief for Jan-fan too

I don't know. He's not as entertaining as the zingers about TV ratings and contracts continue to be.
                            It's such an honor!

I'd rather hear this homegrown talent argument than this tv ratings junk.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

WARNING! ACTUAL HOCKEY TALK FOLLOWS.

I'm not sure how miniscule North Dakota's chances are, but I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that if both teams play equal, Minnesota will advance far more often than not. The Gophers are a more talented and complete team than this Sioux squad. They have balanced scoring, and great defense. Throw in a Hobey Finalist in Net, and I'm not sure if there is a more balanced team in the country. North Dakota is similar in that nature (balanced scoring, strong defense, and a good goalie), but they just aren't as talented in each aspect as Minnesota.

For example:
                              Balanced Scoring?
                              - Minnesota has 9 players with 7 or more goals (nobody with more than 15) (Minnesota actually has 9 players with 9+ goals)
                              - North Dakota has 9 players with 7 or more goals (nobody with more than 17)

Production from the Blue Line?
                              - Minnesota's defense accounts for 27 goals and 71 assists (98 points)
                              - North Dakota's defense accounts for 31 goals and 82 assists (113 points)

Team Scoring?
                              - Minnesota averages 3.51 Goals per game
                              - North Dakota averages 3.07 Goals per game

Team Defense?
                              - Minnesota allows 2.00 Goals per game
                              - North Dakota allows 2.44 Goals per game

Goaltending?
                              - Wilcox is 25-5-6 with a 1.89 GAA and a SV% of 93.4
                              - Gothberg is 20-9-3 with a 1.99 GAA and a SV% of 92.6

In sum, it's not that North Dakota is a bad team. They are quite similar to Minnesota in how they win games. However, Minnesota is the more talented team, and as a result does the same things better than North Dakota...leading to a better record. Consequently, Minnesota should be considered the favorite, and they likely will beat North Dakota. Of course, just because Team A should beat Team B doesn't mean they will...just ask North Dakota and Michigan fans about 2011.
                              I thought that this belongs here on today's page. Thanks for the legwork, FS23. They are statistically a little close for my liking, though.
                              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZ..... (wakes up with a start!)

Wow, I had the worst nightmare. We were talking about absolute crap on the message board for days It just never stopped. You were there! And you were there! And you were there too! I'm just glad it's all over now...

... or is it? (ominous musical stinger)

Comment

Working...
                                X