This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Not having a pro team in the state, which pro team are North Dakota fans most likely to support? Just a thought, sorry to interrupt.
    I've been a Blackhawks fan for quite a few years, something about their shirts and current captain keep me intrigued.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      He's trolling. Him calling Parise a diver was when I spit out the hook.
      Yeah, I read that comment after I replied to his previous one and that became apparent. Silly me for falling for it
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: National Semi-Final: Minnesota vs. North Dakota

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Not having a pro team in the state, which pro team are North Dakota fans most likely to support? Just a thought, sorry to interrupt.
        Most are Wild fans. Avs (the farther west you go the more fans of Denver teams there are), Blackhawks, and Blues next...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          He's trolling. Him calling Parise a diver was when I spit out the hook.

Only an idiot would think I was serious with those comments and you my friend are no idiot.

Trolling seems a bit harsh though.

I prefer "Funnin' with you guys."
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-03-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Only an idiot would think I was serious with those comments and you my friend are no idiot.

Trolling seems a bit harsh though.

I prefer "Funnin' with you guys."
            I would call it that too, but that's more letters.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

A great video with the first Sioux hockey team of the modern era - http://youtu.be/O3wz1AuxMpk and their first major victory over perennial power Michigan @ Michigan.

A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
                A great video with the first Sioux hockey team of the modern era - http://youtu.be/O3wz1AuxMpk and their first major victory over perennial power Michigan @ Michigan.

Photos of UND v. Minnesota and a team photo with the "all whites" (jerseys!) and the famous 23 worn by back-up goaltender Ralph Englestad. I think 72 is Cal Marvin (Warroad), 51 is John Noah (Crookston), 25 is Gordon Christian (Warroad).
                A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Farmer's Union

Comment

Brandon Wheat Kings
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

The Sugarbeeters

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/prep-r...220530663.html
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Up in the northern part of the state, it was the Jets, probably because Winnipeg was closer. Plus, Bobby Hull raised cattle, Hereford bulls I believe, and would occasionally be seen in and around the small towns in southern Manitoba. The local bars would be talking about it all summer long, and we would be in those bars a fair amount until we were 21. It's not as if Hull was the only NHL player to come out of southern Manitobe (or Sask), but he had a star quality few others had. He was like Mickey Mantle in that way.

After the Jets? There were some pretty darn good bowling teams . . .

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Up in the northern part of the state, it was the Jets, probably because Winnipeg was closer. Plus, Bobby Hull raised cattle, Hereford bulls I believe, and would occasionally be seen in and around the small towns in southern Manitoba. The local bars would be talking about it all summer long, and we would be in those bars a fair amount until we were 21. It's not as if Hull was the only NHL player to come out of southern Manitobe (or Sask), but he had a star quality few others had. He was like Mickey Mantle in that way.

After the Jets? There were some pretty darn good bowling teams . . .
                          A Canadian team? How shocking!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            A Canadian team? How shocking!
                            Hey, we grew up playing our hockey north of the border mostly. At that time we thought Minnesotans played hockey with brooms. I'm still not convinced they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Hey, we grew up playing our hockey north of the border mostly. At that time we thought Minnesotans played hockey with brooms. I'm still not convinced they didn't.
                              Don't worry about it. The State of the University of Minnesota has a weird Canadian fetish. Even a portion of the State of the University of Minnesota debated about seceding and becoming part of Canada.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Even a portion of the State of the University of Minnesota debated about seceding and becoming part of Canada.
                                They probably didn't meet the hockey admission requirements.

Comment

Working...
                                X