Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Semi-Final: Boston College vs Union College

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i agree Jon...............good luck to you and your new fav, Union College in the FF btw
    Hey, not only is Bennett their coach, but I have a feeling that we'll be seeing the Skating Robosharks taking the ice at Achilles one of these days.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I hope EPSN2 doesn't play the same card they did when SLU played BC in the NCAA semifinals in 2000. Saying it frequently, the ESPN announcers kept advising that tiny SLU was staying with mighty BC because SLU's smaller class sizes - in their infinite and assumed wisdom - gave the Saints an advantage system-wise. If ESPN does this again, I will vomit.

Go Union.
      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Gophers got "payback" during the 2013 season, if you want to call it that. Didn't stop them from running rampshot on your team again this year.

If these teams meet in the final, and if you guys win, it will be because the top line Jerry assembled is absolutely dominating and your defense and PK have really played well lately. Doesn't hurt that you have the best in-game coach in college hockey IMO either. It will have nothing to do with "payback" IMO.
        Looking to Saturday's game? Go ahead, sleep on Union again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
          I hope EPSN2 doesn't play the same card they did when SLU played BC in the NCAA semifinals in 2000. Saying it frequently, the ESPN announcers kept advising that tiny SLU was staying with mighty BC because SLU's smaller class sizes - in their infinite and assumed wisdom - gave the Saints an advantage system-wise. If ESPN does this again, I will vomit.

Go Union.
          My lasting memory from that game was Jeff Farkas' snipe with about two minutes to go, to break the 2-2 tie. Man, could he pick those corners.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            Looking to Saturday's game? Go ahead, sleep on Union again this year.
            Seriously, you read that into my comment?

The discussion was centered on whether MN blowing out BC earlier this season would give BC added motivation IF they meet in the championship.

Re-read what I wrote. I'm not overlooking anyone, starting with North Dakota.

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            If these teams meet in the final, and if you guys win, it will be because the top line Jerry assembled is absolutely dominating and your defense and PK have really played well lately.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Go Union.
              One advantage of actually being there this year will be that I don't have to listen to Buccigross and Melrose. From what I remember of watching the regional games, they didn't really go into the "tiny Union College" spiel too much, if at all. Amazingly, they seemed to keep complimenting Union on their play. If I remember correctly, it was Gary Thorne and Melrose two years ago in Tampa and they kinda played up the school's size a bit, but not so much since Ferris St was a relative unknown to the non-hockey audience.
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

I hope EPSN2 doesn't play the same card they did when SLU played BC in the NCAA semifinals in 2000.
                People will vomit even MORE if ESPN tries to coddle Union as some 'little school.' No one give a flying Eff how 'little' they are. They are one of the FF teams, and they'd better well act like it. In fact, they should be ridiculed if they don't beat BC handily. They did so last year and are ranked #1 going in. No 'good try, good effort' applause for Union if they lose; properly, they should be bashed and mocked instead. 'Tiny, poor little school' indeed.
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

At a neutral site such as this Union is the favorite . No. I'm not talking about a Vegas line rather in a hockey sense. #1 and no glaring weaknesses . BC a one trick pony. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    no glaring weaknesses
                    Here's a question for the Union fans -- what *IS* a weekness of your team?
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: National Semi-Final: Boston College vs Union College

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Here's a question for the Union fans -- what *IS* a weekness of your team?
                      During the first half of the season our weaknesses were
                      - playing against speed (Colgate, QU, ....
                      - faceoffs - we were getting killed
                      - penalty kills - being the matador
                      - letting up when we had a lead

The coaches have been working on these and there has been improvement.

For college hockey in the East, Boston College is the "Gold Standard" for excellence in College Hockey and HE gets the press and coverage especially when both are having a dominant year, like this year. Boston College has been the defacto #1 for the past decade and many fans still think Union is in Kentucky or is a theological institute. I don't know what the outscome will be but the adrenaline is going to be pumping for this Union team. Its going to be a "whale of a game."
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

With a week to go, this thread should start picking up soon. Union obviously has no weaknesses and BC is a one trick pony. Don't disappoint.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Rick Bennrtt will not need his hair stylist in Philly. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...se-with-video/. Great cause and great gesture.

Comment

I think we all know Union will win Thursday. I just hope Bennett doesn't beat up York after the game. He's only got one good eye as it is!

Boy is Friday going to be depressing for BC fans when they give Dowd the Hobey.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Bump.
                              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

So a Union win is a forgone conclusion and that's why no ones posting eh?
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X