This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another pickup down the road

“@OTBPuckWatch: 95 F Robbie Hennessy (Northwood) commits to Providence. Athletic, 5'10 forward has an edge, quickness and work ethic. H/T @AONEsauce11”
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      Another pickup down the road

“@OTBPuckWatch: 95 F Robbie Hennessy (Northwood) commits to Providence. Athletic, 5'10 forward has an edge, quickness and work ethic. H/T @AONEsauce11”
      Wonder when he will come to town....Leaman recruits far out!
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Wonder when he will come to town....Leaman recruits far out!
        First guess would be as an older member of the class replacing the Saracino-Gilmour class. He sound a bit like Brandon Tanev
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

First guess would be as an older member of the class replacing the Saracino-Gilmour class. He sound a bit like Brandon Tanev
          That would be fall of 2016

Comment

Hello folks! Long time reader, first time poster.

I was just curious if anyone had any details the schedule for next year.

I believe that the Friars are playing 2 games @ North Dakota, and 2 games @ Ohio State.

I also believe, based upon this year's HE schedule, we play 2 games in Durham, 2 games in South Bend, and will play both games against Vermont at home. With that said, I think we will continue the traditional home and home games with BC, Northeastern, BU, UML, and UMass. I'm not sure how UConn fits into the mold since they'll be joining HE this year, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
              Hello folks! Long time reader, first time poster.

I was just curious if anyone had any details the schedule for next year.

I believe that the Friars are playing 2 games @ North Dakota, and 2 games @ Ohio State.

I also believe, based upon this year's HE schedule, we play 2 games in Durham, 2 games in South Bend, and will play both games against Vermont at home. With that said, I think we will continue the traditional home and home games with BC, Northeastern, BU, UML, and UMass. I'm not sure how UConn fits into the mold since they'll be joining HE this year, correct?

Colorado College 2 games @ Home. From what I hear.

Comment

I'm a fan of Nate, but after what Union has accomplished the last two years, do any of wonder what would have occurred if Driscoll tapped former Friar star player and former Friar assistant coach Rick Bennett for the job back then? Bennett's tough guy demeanor really reminds me of Lou Lamoriello when he coached the Friars.

Comment

The seniors were Nates and I assume he had some of the other players lined up before PC, Bennett did a great job now we see what he does on his own

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                  I'm a fan of Nate, but after what Union has accomplished the last two years, do any of wonder what would have occurred if Driscoll tapped former Friar star player and former Friar assistant coach Rick Bennett for the job back then? Bennett's tough guy demeanor really reminds me of Lou Lamoriello when he coached the Friars.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                    I agree with Saty....the Union team while certainly bearing Bennett's mark after 3 years was anchored by players who Leaman brought on board....looking at the Heisenberg site, the whole junior class was all in place before Nate departed for PC which meant more than half the players who saw action in the championship were in place. I think the rebuilding job Leaman inherited was more than you would want to entrust to an untested assistant. Ricky actually has one more test to pass, that he can keep the momentum going now that this team is really all his guys. If the decision to get a new coach was today, yes it's a no brainer our first choice would be to bring Ricky home again
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Ben Barr has applied at LSSU. Does anyone have any insight on his hockey coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                        Ben Barr has applied at LSSU. Does anyone have any insight on his hockey coaching.
                        http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/ben_barr_752458.html

Here is his PC bio

Leaman from all reports relies on him and brought him in from Union when he arrived. He has a hand in all aspects of the program and certainly our recruiting has improved from the Army days (Berard was his op assistant) and Pooley days (there are your LSsu references
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Jamie Russell has left Providence program:
                          http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...-michigan-tech
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

If they move Berard up to the assistant coach position, I would like to see a former Friar back as a Director of Ops...Kyle Murphy??

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              If they move Berard up to the assistant coach position, I would like to see a former Friar back as a Director of Ops...Kyle Murphy??
                              It seems often coaches take guys who were on their first team somewhere on their staff. Further Leaman looked highly upon him, lets face it its rare someone is captain before even playing. Last I heard was he had signed to play in Norway. That came out after graduation, whether he played I am unaware and if he is done after one year.

But I do agree with you he would be a great choice for an entry level job with a chance to move up when Barr (I suspect from the LSsu thread he's not likely to get the job) does move up and on in a year or 2.
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

It seems often coaches take guys who were on their first team somewhere on their staff. Further Leaman looked highly upon him, lets face it its rare someone is captain before even playing. Last I heard was he had signed to play in Norway. That came out after graduation, whether he played I am unaware and if he is done after one year.

But I do agree with you he would be a great choice for an entry level job with a chance to move up when Barr (I suspect from the LSsu thread he's not likely to get the job) does move up and on in a year or 2.
                                He did play in Norway, had a great year and was one of their captains. Will be going back for another. When done, has position within family firm and will not be in hockey. Very good student and will also have other private sector jobs. His older brother, ex BC captain and current ast coach in Bakersfield would be a great canidate...

Comment

Working...
                                X