X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Here is the quote that will set off PC fans

After the game, Leaman voiced his displeasure with the two Brown hits. “Those two hits in the second period, those were questionable hits. That’s the stuff they’re trying to get out of the game. It’s disappointing,’’ he said.

Told of Leaman’s comments, Whittet replied, “I disagree. I think they dive a lot. That would be my impression. I don’t think they were bad hits at all. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ll have to watch tape. We’re not a dirty hockey team.’’

- See more at: http://www.providencejournal.com/spo....ISd09H3A.dpuf
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
      From my seat it was clear the Brown player ran right over Gillies. No goal was the right call. A typical Brown - PC game.
      Divver told me on Twitter he saw the PC coaches' tape, and that the right call was indeed made. So, tip of the cap to you guys. That was a fun game to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        I seen that call three times now this year and none of them have been penalties....
        Have not had a chance to comment for a few days so I don't have any one post to answer but I will begin with this

I wasn't at the game but as Zlax says from our experience there is little leeway on this and sine Gillies is so big and takes up so much room he is an easy target. And yes every time they have disallowed a goal no penalty was called

On another Zlax point. We really can't afford to have a 4th line that can't score between Demo MacPhee and Hennessey, not one has a point

Funny the one senior we will miss next year will be Luke and not Mauerman. Both Erilk Foley and Bryan Lemos have been playing very well in their first USHL season

As Jon said since the Mayor's Cup began Orovidence has had a decided edge, believe they began in the Sterling era. Only Pooley really struggled, despite his horrid record Army was 4-1-1 vs Brown. In fact it was the Brown game in'85 that began the Friars run to the Finals, till then they were a very mediocre team
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Here is the quote that will set off PC fans

After the game, Leaman voiced his displeasure with the two Brown hits. “Those two hits in the second period, those were questionable hits. That’s the stuff they’re trying to get out of the game. It’s disappointing,’’ he said.

Told of Leaman’s comments, Whittet replied, “I disagree. I think they dive a lot. That would be my impression. I don’t think they were bad hits at all. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ll have to watch tape. We’re not a dirty hockey team.’’

- See more at: http://www.providencejournal.com/spo....ISd09H3A.dpuf
          PC's power play performance this year makes me question why anyone this team would be diving.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
            PC's power play performance this year makes me question why anyone this team would be diving.
            I also to the extent I didn't see the game, say this is funny, you hear the diving thing about a couple of Hockey East teams, but PC is not one if them. Mauerman is a prime example he gets knocked around all the time and he just pops back up and keeps going. The opposite end of this spectrum is Brown does have a rep as being dirty. Most likely it is youthful inexperience (and maybe frustration), but that is something you work on, more than the players that rep is on Whittet. Funny in the run up to the game one of the things said was Brown has worked to overcome the abundance of penalties. I do remember Ricky was BS about the hit Corcoran put on one of his guys and Corcoran got supplemental discipline
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Well it should make for an interesting game tonight. Hopefully fans will show up despite the fact the Pats game will be going on. Maybe they will be late arrivals....although if the Pats lose people may be drowning their sorrows instead.

Comment

I saw highlights of a BC game this year where the puck was sitting on Demko's pad and the player tapped the puck into the net. As he did, he made very slight contact with Demko and they waived it off.

The two hits last night were from behind and directly in the numbers.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                  It was the Jets thing that got me all riled up.

Plus, if we're the Jets, in which universe are you the Pats? Aren't you more like the Dolphins?
                  LOL.
                  Just wanted to clarify my point. I think I should have used another pair of teams. Brown can be the Pats instead if it helps.
                  I've had season tickets to the Pats since 1989 when I believe the Jets had a better overall head to head record. Whenever the Pats have played the Jets it didn't matter what team was having a better year as the games were always close and either team could win. The Bills and Pats have experience the same situation.

PC has had that same type of back and forth with UNH, Merrimack and Brown during my time of following the Friars.

BTW Yan Denis is one of my all time favorites and we were just talking about him the other night at the CC game. I loved watching him in net.

Comment

Down 2-0 already. Are they watching the Pats game?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Down 2-0 already. Are they watching the Pats game?
                      2 PC goals called back. Revenge for last night?

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

4-0 Bruno. Cue Zlax.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

4-0 Bruno. Cue Zlax.
                          4-3 Brown. Wow.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

4-3 Brown. Wow.
                            3 goals called back for PC now

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

3 goals called back for PC now
                              Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable is the fact that they got them all right- first went in after the whistle, second went in after the net was kicked off, third never actually went in.

Terrific hockey games on both nights. Hope to see more of this next year.

Elorza actually made it out to present the trophy! I don't remember specifically, but I can't think of the last time the mayor actually showed up since Buddy was in office.

One sour note that stands out: an absolutely vicious hit by Joey D on Tanev. He was rightfully ejected. I hope he's suspended for next weekend, as well. The NCAA needs to show that it's serious about protecting its players. The two bad hits by Brown players last night were very tame in comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable is the fact that they got them all right- first went in after the whistle, second went in after the net was kicked off, third never actually went in.

Terrific hockey games on both nights. Hope to see more of this next year.

Elorza actually made it out to present the trophy! I don't remember specifically, but I can't think of the last time the mayor actually showed up since Buddy was in office.

One sour note that stands out: an absolutely vicious hit by Joey D on Tanev. He was rightfully ejected. I hope he's suspended for next weekend, as well. The NCAA needs to show that it's serious about protecting its players. The two bad hits by Brown players last night were very tame in comparison.
                                Mark Divver was pretty convinced they were all good calls and he's pretty objective.
                                Good luck the rest of the way.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X