• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Obligatory "Offsides!" comment.
    **** straight!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      I thought the game winning goal Chris Terreri gave up to lose the national championship was soft. . He'll he gave up over 3 goals a game that year...he really sucked
      He was distracted by the Cooperalls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Just noticed Gillies is number one in Hockey east in save % at 949 and total saves at 183. Third in Hockey East in GA per game at 1.68.

Off year

Little annoyed that he is not top ten in scoring though.....
        Played with the national stats, using a small but still significant period of time now, that since Nov 1 Gillies has the lowest gaa .88 and a .972 save, best in the nation. So over a fairly significant portion of this hockey season it is clear Gillies is the hottest goal in college hockey
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Speaking of recruits and goalies Hayden Hawkey's season is over...he supposedly suffered a serious knee injury....McMahon, the Merrimack beat writer retweeted a tweet saying MCL/ACL
          Wow, never saw this player... gosh that jersey could have sold for high figures at Lowell.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            Played with the national stats, using a small but still significant period of time now, that since Nov 1 Gillies has the lowest gaa .88 and a .972 save, best in the nation. So over a fairly significant portion of this hockey season it is clear Gillies is the hottest goal in college hockey
            Hottest and the best.

He couldn't train all summer, couldn't even participate in Calgarys dev camp. First 4/5 games was basically his pre season
            People seem to forget he is a 94 birthyear, goalies develop late. Watch and enjoy, PC wont have another like him for a very long time. That BC game and some of the saves he made was off the charts... Dozens of Hockey East freshman are older than he is....
            PC is ready to roll. Saracino, Mauerman both scoring while basically on their backs in the crease last night was very encouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Obligatory "Offsides!" comment.
              I second that emotion!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                Surely you can't be serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
                  Thank you for this info, Jeff. Given his size -- is Prattson expected to play elsewhere before coming to Providence?
                  Kid is only a sophomore in high school so at least 2017-2018 will be his freshman season at PC...kid will grow some between now and then
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

The Fred's are in the house today. Good to be back.

Go Friars!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post

Go Friars!
                      It's like homecoming!

That period went poorly.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        It's like homecoming!

That period went poorly.
                        Gillies needs to score more goals.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Interesting that Hennessy dressed today vs Northeastern with no one battling an injury and whooping NU 5-1 on Wednesday...odd move

Starting to question Leaman's development of players....besides Gillies, players are regressing under him...Gilmore and Parisi have dropped off considerably since their freshmen seasons...Florentino is starting to follow that

Jankowski is about the same player that he was as a freshman and Calgary can't be happy with him right now. Demo has been awful the last 2.5 seasons and now Mauermann levels are dropping off his junior year.

Just a few examples but there isn't a ton of players getting better at PC under Leaman.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Interesting that Hennessy dressed today vs Northeastern with no one battling an injury and whooping NU 5-1 on Wednesday...odd move

Starting to question Leaman's development of players....besides Gillies, players are regressing under him...Gilmore and Parisi have dropped off considerably since their freshmen seasons...Florentino is starting to follow that

Jankowski is about the same player that he was as a freshman and Calgary can't be happy with him right now. Demo has been awful the last 2.5 seasons and now Mauermann levels are dropping off his junior year.

Just a few examples but there isn't a ton of players getting better at PC under Leaman.
                            You are flat out wrong on Parisi....he has developed real well.

I am not sure if Gilmour is 100%. Rember he got hurt in development camp with Calgary and was not even ready to start the season

Sadly Calgary is going to need to very patient, you can see the talent but he has not figured it out. I guess in a perfect world he would have spent the last 2 years at Cedar Rapids, come in this year as a 20 year old freshman (as Hokey has says about Gillies is even more true about Janko who was only 17 when he stepped on campus) spend 4 years here, then gets his feet wet in the pros. I bet he emerges late in the znHL about 25,

Mauerman consider he was never meant to shoulder the load. He isn't the type of talent such as DiSalvatore who can do it regardless of what the rest of the team is doing. He will be fine if the team ever finds their offense. When he is the focus of a team's defense he can be shut down. This actually began 2nd semester last year when we did not play as well as early in the year I guess our best hope is Pinho emerges in the 2nd half like he did in the USHL.

As far as Demo goes I don't see practice but he does his job back checking. I know it's frustrating on a team that is not scoring that you have him in the line up but he is less likely to make a mistake.

Someone did say what does this say for DeJersey that Hennessey is playing. Yes do find it curious move but again I don't know the underlying reasons. I thought MacPharland was providing some offense and he is a good PK guy.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post

Go Friars!
                              It's all your fault! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                It's all your fault! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!
                                There does seem to be a pattern, you were in the house for the 2-1 UVM loss. It is all your fault.
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X