This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Hope the offense can get it together at NU.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Last night the offense couldn't hit a bull in the *** with a fist full of rice. It's going to be a serious problem going forward if they can't get it together. The pp is dreadful. Can you decline a penalty so you don't have to go on the advantage?

Comment

So Jon Gillies is the HEA defensive player of the week? What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Hope the goalie doesn't give up a goal 7 seconds into the game. Remember last year up there.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            Hope the goalie doesn't give up a goal 7 seconds into the game. Remember last year up there.
            I believe PC scored 3 times in the third last year to get a tie...Gillies choked the home game away giving up a late goal in the final minute and like 10 seconds into overtime.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Based on what I have been reading here, the folks at HEA must be smoking crack.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...412/dec3mh.php

Congrats to Jon Gillies.

Comment

Exactly. Best goalie in the league
                He really choked vs NU last year. PC scored 1 goal. Another example of him not being good because he did not shut them out, which is the only way PC could have won.
                Appreciate his time at PC, they come around every 20+/- years

Comment

As I said a few weeks back, the Friars would need to start playing good hockey to avoid leaving points on the table against some of the lower level HE teams. They responded in kind with wins of BC, UNH, and Army and displayed some solid team defense (minus a few breakdowns) and spectacular goaltending.

The work doesn't get any easier-- Northeastern has been playing much better over their past 4 games and are riding a nice win over No. 3 Minnesota, the night after the Gophers thoroughly dismantled Boston College at the Conte Forum.

Moving forward, this is still a series where the Friars should take 3 points, if not 4. However, if Northeastern has finally woken up and is the team that many expected to finish in the top 4 of the HE-- then it should make for a very interesting second half of the season (and Beanpot) for the Huskies.

I would love to close the first half of the semester with 3/4 points against Northeastern and then a win / tie against Colgate-- which suddenly seems more realistic based on the team's improved play, coupled with some unfortunate and untimely injures taking their toll on the Raiders.

I'll be at Matthews tonight and it should be a great game between two teams (now) playing solid hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    I believe PC scored 3 times in the third last year to get a tie...Gillies choked the home game away giving up a late goal in the final minute and like 10 seconds into overtime.
                    Brian, Brian, Brian,

You really have something against JG...that game at home was blown by the defense letting NU get by them....and the fact the Friars could not score last year which has carried into this year....

Coach Leaman had NU number 1 in his pre-season ranking, so he knows this team is going to be a challenge. They have Witt back who has played extremely well against the Friars (although Friars did come back on him in that 3rd period at Matthews last year).

This two game series will be another HE battle between two teams that are turning things around at least in the win column. Watch out for Roy, he was a thorn last year. Hope there's a good number of Friar fans there tonight, I'll be there with a friend.
                    Last edited by 73PCFriar; 12-03-2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Repeatedly dumping on a kid on the teams message board is ignorant at best. PC would be under 500 previous 2 seasons without him. His freshmen year was stupid good, as a 17/18 year old. Last year, don't disciunfvtge injury. This year he couldn't train all summer, couldn't even skate in Flames dev camp. First 6 games were like conditioning camp

His last 7 have been very good, he had moments vs BC that were amazing.

Best goalie to ever play at PC, which is saying something. Saying a real lot as we all remember a pretty good one back in 85.

He will leave with every record. PC will make noise in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

He will leave with every record. PC will make noise in March.
                        I don't see it with the lack of scoring on this team...You are the same person that didn't want to blame Gillies when he had a 3.34 GAA and .888 save percentage through his first five starts of the season.

Yes, Gillies is playing better and I never disagreed with that but it should be noted that the backup shutout UNH also. Maybe the defense is doing better and deserves more credit.

Comment

Northeastern has not been good to PC the last couple of years as they have slept through games up at Matthews for two periods only coming alive in the third.

Comment

Nice win.

Comment

Five goals! Who is this team?

Comment

• Well played PC.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X