This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Must we go through this every time we play a service academy? I understand why their players are held in high regard, but if the team has a losing record, PC should probably beat them. I'm not sure how this translates into us hating the military, America or the "spirit" of ice hockey.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Must we go through this every time we play a service academy? I understand why their players are held in high regard, but if the team has a losing record, PC should probably beat them. I'm not sure how this translates into us hating the military, America or the "spirit" of ice hockey.
      Exactly...not a good HOCKEY team.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Exactly...not a good HOCKEY team.
        RPI #58 , your right not good , the 2nd worst team the country.

Comment

I know, I'm more of a reader on here but I remember the same thing happened when we were critical of the Friars losing to a much less talented Air Force team and somehow calling Air Force less talented was interpreted as disrespecting the military.

Comment

• Back to talking about he offense.

What I saw was the defense far more involved in trying o jump start the offense. They were credited with 21 of the 46 shots PC had. Maybe it was because of the opponent knowing they could get away with being more offensive.

As far as the forwards go, excepting Mingoia, they look frustrated and in fact befuddled. In think in Mauerman's case he isn't using his speed to break in. In his case I get it he can't float around and stick handle the puck in the offensive zone because he is closely guarded. On the other hand I just don't see it as a good thing he stands in front of the net trying to tip all those Dmen shots since he is going to take a lot of hits that way. Acciari doing that is a way to jump start him.

Ultimately Jankowski and whoever he should be centering needs to become the focal point of the oppositions defensive plan and then Mauerman's line can take off.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Everything revolves around Saracino...
              Good points Cav
              Team has shown they can play and beat the top teams in the country at home and on road. BU, ND, MC, VT
              Once they find their identity(needs to be now vs BC) they will be fine
              gillies is getting game back after not being able to train all summer. Last 6 has been great.

PC is ready to roll
              Last edited by Hokydad; 11-27-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
                  Happy Thanksgiving to you as well as the rest of the regular posters, no matter what team you support.

Comment

BC is going to be surly tomorrow.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Just tommorrow? Oh please they are ****y all the time (especially on this board

Comment

Won't matter. Surly won't make them better. Connecting on two or more consecutive passes would help make BC better, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards right now. Enjoy our lunch you should be eating tomorrow night.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Won't matter. Surly won't make them better. Connecting on two or more consecutive passes would help make BC better, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards right now. Enjoy our lunch you should be eating tomorrow night.
                          Especially passes UP the ice, not across it.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Especially passes UP the ice, not across it.

Shoot! Shoot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              Shoot! Shoot!!!
                              Haha...

Minnesota did that well. Put up 5 goals on about 10 grade A chances.
                              BC got one on about 5 grade A chances... and that was a beautiful centering pass to Tuch in the slot... by a Gopher dman.

I have never understood why the opposing player can't get an assist on such plays. Our guy's stats would be much better this season.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I would really love to see PC kick the crap out of BC tonight, just because...

Comment

Working...
                                X