This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Tied up with 38.9 seconds to go. Saracino again.

Comment

I'm dying and I think everyone in my section hates me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        I'm dying and I think everyone in my section hates me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        Good for you!

Comment

Final 2-2..

Despite what at least one person seems to think about Friars goalie, he came up big in this one to keep the Friars in it to the end. He also got much better support from the guys in front of him tonight.

Take the tie. Next up BU for 2. BU comes into Providence 3-0 on the season.

Hopefully the students show up and stay for the entire game on Friday....although I'm guessing lots of Halloween parties will draw them away at the end of the second.

Comment

Good hard fought game tonight. Both goalies played well. Gillies has never lost back-to-back games nor has the NoDak goalie McIntyre. PC has work to do for sure, but they look good for this time of the year. I'll take the tie.

Comment

That is one tough schedule to start a season, now lets go get BU

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                That is one tough schedule to start a season, now lets go get BU
                Yes it is and it is a long season. Nice rally to at least get a tie on the road after the Friday night stinker. Definitely the weekend to start building momentum and get on a roll
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Big stretch of HE games now, something like 10 out of next 11 if I heard M. Logan correctly. Need to protect the home ice and steal a few on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                    Good hard fought game tonight. Both goalies played well. Gillies has never lost back-to-back games nor has the NoDak goalie McIntyre. PC has work to do for sure, but they look good for this time of the year. I'll take the tie.
                    They certainly showed they can play last night and without some big talent in the lineup. Would be nice to have PC on the schedule more often, though we're gonna meet again in April, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      They certainly showed they can play last night and without some big talent in the lineup. Would be nice to have PC on the schedule more often, though we're gonna meet again in April, right?
                      hopefully.
                      I said this last year after the second Miami game, but it's great that PC can actually go into some of these games against tough competition and get something out of them.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Am I correct in assuming that PC will have their first full squad against BU this weekend?

I'm guessing Jankowski will be back from injury, McKenzie's suspension is (seemingly) over, Gilmour is back, and given that Acciari played in North Dakota-- I'm assuming he's a 'go'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          hopefully.
                          I said this last year after the second Miami game, but it's great that PC can actually go into some of these games against tough competition and get something out of them.
                          It is part of rebuilding, and is what I watched Nate do at Union when I lived in that neck of the woods.

Comment

• Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
                            Am I correct in assuming that PC will have their first full squad against BU this weekend?

I'm guessing Jankowski will be back from injury, McKenzie's suspension is (seemingly) over, Gilmour is back, and given that Acciari played in North Dakota-- I'm assuming he's a 'go'.
                            Parisi also didn't travel to N. Dakota
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Ahh yes. When does the team release the injury report normally? Wednesday / Thursday?

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Parisi also didn't travel to N. Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
                                Ahh yes. When does the team release the injury report normally? Wednesday / Thursday?

Divver tweeted this out today

Mark Jankowski (shoulder) and Tom Parisi (shoulder) are both possible for @FriarsHockey games vs. Boston University this weekend.
                                https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...15161602748417
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X