This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Gillies pulled after two periods...20 saves on 24 shots...,his save percentage on the year is now a pathetic .868
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Tell you what, send me your tickets and I will suffer through with this team. Save yourself the heartache. Yeah, they have work to do. I'm not ready to give up.

Comment

Oh, and NoDak just scored again.

Comment

If we are going to commend Gillies for playing well, he is not doing it right now so deserves to be called out for his play since before the WJC last year.

Comment

Nice PP goal by Kevin Rooney.

Comment

And my question to all PC supporters...when has he played well In a big situation? Was not sharp against Union in the NCAA tourney, UNH in Hockey East, at Umass Lowell last year, BC twice, bad against Lowell in the winner take all game at the end of his frost year...just saying maybe the biggest game he played well was Quinnipiac last year in tourney

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                Nice PP goal by Kevin Rooney.
                Odd...never has gotten much PP time in the past...

Comment

Gillies has a 4.16 GAA this year...not good enough

Comment

Take a deep breath. It's not even Halloween yet.
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                      As a Sioux fan I would say it's not even Saturday yet... I would bet that the Friars won't be the same team we saw yesterday for tonight's game. The Ralph isn't the easiest place to play at, especially if you are not accustomed to playing in front of 10,000+ fans rooting against you.

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                        Zlax I agree with her. Not to minimize there are issues, but it is early still, plenty of time to right the ship. In particular I wouldn't go around blaming Gillies....it certainly seems that he got no help which is evidenced in that Ellis was only able to save 8 of 10.
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Just looking at Twitter last night, PC seemed to not score a lot. That's not on Gillies.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

We have every right to be concerned. Gillies hasn't played up to the hype with any consistency since his freshman year, and PC struggles to put the puck in the net. That #3 ranking seems ridiculous right now. Team needs to step up.

Comment

Listening last night at least Mike felt both goalies got little help from the guys in front, not clearing pucks, not keeping guys from getting wide open shots....if you expect Gillies or Ellis to pull shutouts every night than you better find something else to root for. What about throwing some blame at the pathetic power play, 0-15 to start the season with very little threat of scoring.

Giving up on the season 3 games in seems a bit over board. Hopefully they will come back with more edge tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                                As a Sioux fan I would say it's not even Saturday yet... I would bet that the Friars won't be the same team we saw yesterday for tonight's game. The Ralph isn't the easiest place to play at, especially if you are not accustomed to playing in front of 10,000+ fans rooting against you.
                                I expect a different game tonight from the Friars. Honestly the Sioux would of beat anybody in the nation last night. They were that good.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X