This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
    Bad time for injuries but it could be a plus for the guys who would not get the experience normally.....these games really are not as important as the ones in December and beyond....Go Friars make sure they know we were there !!!!
    Disagree with you 100 percent as these games OOC are very important for an NCAA bid....
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

They are only needed if you do bad in your conference.....win and u r in

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Disagree with you 100 percent as these games OOC are very important for an NCAA bid....

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
        PC wasn't a lock the year they lost the final game of the regular season vs Lowell....because they had lost all the OOC games

Comment

No Janko this weekend as he is not flying....Wonder if PC will let me take his seat on the plane

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
            Every game matters. Not only getting in, but seedings are important too. Read up on the pairwise. It could be important come March.

Comment

If Hockey East teams lose most of their OOC games, it will be no different than the Atlantic Hockey Conference... only the auto bid (playoff champ) will get into the NCAA's.

At that point, neither OOC or conference games will matter. You'd still have to win the conference auto bid to get in. Do you want to roll the dice that your team will absolutely smoke every other Hockey East opponent in the playoffs? Even with the post season success of my team over the last decade and a half, I don't.
              Last edited by FiveHole12; 10-22-2014, 08:52 PM.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                If Hockey East teams lose most of their OOC games, it will be no different than the Atlantic Hockey Conference... only the auto bid (playoff champ) will get into the NCAA's.

At that point, neither OOC or conference games will matter. You'd still have to win the conference auto bid to get in. Do you want to roll the dice that your team will absolutely smoke every other Hockey East opponent in the playoffs? Even with the post season success of my team over the last decade and a half, I don't.
                Exactly

Comment

You have to get something positive out of this situation and playing the reserves is just that

Bad time for injuries but it could be a plus for the guys who would not get the experience normally.....these games really are not as important as the ones in December and beyond....Go Friars make sure they know we were there !!!!

Comment

Just tuned in to the NoDak/NCHC.tv feed. Go Friars!

Comment

3-0...looks like Gilies and the Friars continue to fail when the pressure is on...what a joke that this team was expected to win Hockey East!

Comment

Welcome to the big leagues fellas. ZLax lighten up, sheesh! The season is not down the toilet already.

Comment

Make that 4-0....Gillies continues to play like absolute trash...
                          Last edited by The Zlax45; 10-24-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            Welcome to the big leagues fellas. ZLax lighten up, sheesh! The season is not down the toilet already.
                            Saw it last week the difference in talent between a top level squad with the u-18 squad and what PC has...USA had 9 forwards that are all better players right now than PC has....

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Saw it last week the difference in talent between a top level squad with the u-18 squad and what PC has...USA had 9 forwards that are all better players right now than PC has....
                              The negativity was warranted when they were perennial bottom feeders. You are throwing in the towel after what, 2.5 games. They are playing the #3 team in their barn and the Sioux, I mean, they were are Frozen Four team last year. Let's have some patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                                The negativity was warranted when they were perennial bottom feeders. You are throwing in the towel after what, 2.5 games. They are playing the #3 team in their barn and the Sioux, I mean, they were are Frozen Four team last year. Let's have some patience.
                                Yet, you overlook how bad Ohio State only scored two goals last weekend vs Miami and needed a goalie to make 60 saves or the 2-1 score would have been worse....

We knew this would be a tough start but Gillies isn't playing like an All-American right now and if they are going to compete...his game needs to rise up.

Do we really need to see an Eichel show next week? I am fearing a huge weekend for him like 5 goals and 3 assists and PC does what they did in 2001-2002 and head back into mediocre hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X