This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Gillies is key to season. He was awful for a full month after the World Juniors last month, displaying a weak glove hand, then played better down the stretch. 20 saves and 5 goals last night is pretty poor. He needs to forget his press clippings and get his head in the game.

Comment

meant "year", not "month"

Comment

It's borderline impressive that with OSu getting 4 pp's in a row, we're blaming last night on bad PK, discipline and goaltending. Go, us.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          It's borderline impressive that with OSu getting 4 pp's in a row, we're blaming last night on bad PK, discipline and goaltending. Go, us.
          If a team is that undisciplined that they would take four penalties in a row then it's on them. I can't blame the refs for calling penalties like too many men on the ice, boarding and slashing. That's squarely on the players and coaching staff. PC also had a hitting from behind penalty. That's dumb hockey.

3 out of 5 goals scored against PC last night were pp goals. That's a problem.

Comment

Why was Adams playing? We that short on dmen?
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I was at the game last night.

I think Providence is an excellent team, but it looked like whenever they scored, they sat back like they thought Ohio State was going to fold the tents, and go home. Instead they just kept coming.

Both goalies let in some soft goals, not just one.

The penalties were easy to call by the refs. I couldn't believe some of the bad penalties they committed.

The game was there for them to win, but they just kept opening the door for us, and we simply walked through it.

Wish I could see tonight's game, but it is the home opener for the Blue Jackets, against the New York Rangers.

Comment

I won't take anything away from PC, you guys played some strong hockey. I also won't say you underestimated us, everyone knows the risks playing in another team's barn but I think the people in the media and polls did not give OSU enough credit for what we're bringing to the table this season!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  I believe Gilmour has a sore back and McKenzie is still suspended from something he did over the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    when healthy one of their better D. Saw that last year

Comment

Scoreless halfwauy through the second. Gillies in jet and only one penalty so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                        Scoreless halfwauy through the second. Gillies in jet and only one penalty so far.
                        Last night, we can't defend. Now scoring is an issue.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Last night, we can't defend. Now scoring is an issue.
                          That wasn't easy. Win number one.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Yay us!

Comment

Got the split...I heard Jankowski was laboring late on Friday and hope that injury doesn't keep him out long
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

If we can combine the defense and discipline from Saturday with the offense from Friday, we might be okay.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X