This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

The last time the Friars were picked #1 in 2001-02 it didn't turn out so well. That year was a seventh place finish and a two game sweep at the hands of the Terriers. I sure would like it if this time is different, like a couple of springtime games in Boston.

Comment

How does a fryer look in the middle of a bullseye ??
      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
        How does a fryer look in the middle of a bullseye ??
        Like a Salvadore Dali painting.

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
        The last time the Friars were picked #1 in 2001-02 it didn't turn out so well. That year was a seventh place finish and a two game sweep at the hands of the Terriers. I sure would like it if this time is different, like a couple of springtime games in Boston.
        I think Leaman is probably better equipped to handle that kind of expectation than Pooley was. But I completely blocked that season from my memory so who knows?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Story on recruit Erik Foley

http://sbnation.com/e/6615474
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Okay Friar Fans. The target is clearly there, no flying under the radar:
            http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-me...mber-29,-2014/

But, I'll take it.

Comment

Those first four games on the road are going to be tough ones. Should be a good test for this talented team.

Comment

• Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                Those first four games on the road are going to be tough ones. Should be a good test for this talented team.
                To be the best, you have to beat the best...3-1 record is what would be considered a success.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

As I do every year, bought my Frozen Four tickets today. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    To be the best, you have to beat the best...3-1 record is what would be considered a success.
                    Completely agree. No. Dakota is spoken for, but tOSU will provide a difficult test-- Friars are coming in on opening weekend with a target squarely on their backs. You can't sleep on this team-- they went to the Big10 Championship Game last year and lost in OT to Wisconsin. They return talented skill players.

A 3-1 record would be a success IMO, but I'm expecting something along the lines of 2-2, or 2-1-1.

Cannot wait for this season to kickoff and I also have Frozen 4 tickets.

Comment

So, any Friars fans coming to Columbus this weekend to watch your team?

Comment

Hey kind of random but how's the FOF room. I just got access this season. Is it pretty much just an area where you can grab a beer or drink before the game or between periods. Don't worry I'm not under an illusion that it's some luxury experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
                          Hey kind of random but how's the FOF room. I just got access this season. Is it pretty much just an area where you can grab a beer or drink before the game or between periods. Don't worry I'm not under an illusion that it's some luxury experience.
                          Sort of useless...couple of snack bowls of snack mix, pretzels...Got to pay for alcohol and soft drinks...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            So, any Friars fans coming to Columbus this weekend to watch your team?
                            I know of three PC fans making the trip...

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              I know of three PC fans making the trip...
                              On games this far away one usually only sees the immediate family of the players attending. I hope your people have a good experience here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                On games this far away one usually only sees the immediate family of the players attending. I hope your people have a good experience here.
                                Just look for the Friars jerseys!

I would be disappointed in PC not sweeping Ohio State...but this team was up and down last year so it wouldn't surprise me that they get big heads with the high ranking.

Comment

Working...
                                X