The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

2-3 years down the road, the CCHA (in some form) will re-emerge.

I'm NOT saying that I HOPE or WISH it would happen...just that I believe it WILL happen.
    The economic realities are undeniable and the present layout is unsustainable.

BG, Miami, WMU, FSU...(plus LSSU, if they want) and 2-3 AH schools.
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
      2-3 years down the road, the CCHA (in some form) will re-emerge.

I'm NOT saying that I HOPE or WISH it would happen...just that I believe it WILL happen.
      The economic realities are undeniable and the present layout is unsustainable.

BG, Miami, WMU, FSU...(plus LSSU, if they want) and 2-3 AH schools.
      No doubt it will. And if it does, LSSU will certainly be jumping on that train. With the road trips on our schedule this year, our travel budget just went way up.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
        Should be available for all schools, as mandated by EADA.
        EADA data for the 2013-2014 season isn't available yet, since the reporting year ended 6/30. But the 2012-2013 pre-nWCHA baseline is.

BGSU Ice Hockey
        Reporting Year: 7/1/2012 - 6/30/2013

Total Expenses minus Operating Expenses
        1,466,883 - 441,640 = 1,025,243

Total Expenses includes appearance guarantees and options, athletically related student aid, contract services, equipment, fundraising activities, operating expenses, promotional activities, recruiting expenses, salaries and benefits, supplies, travel, and any other expenses attributable to intercollegiate athletic activities.

Operating Expenses includes all expenses an institution incurs attributable to home, away, and neutral-site intercollegiate athletic contests (commonly known as "game-day expenses"), for (A) Lodging, meals, transportation, uniforms, and equipment for coaches, team members, support staff (including, but not limited to team managers and trainers), and others; and (B) Officials.
        How are you getting total expenses for hockey broken out? I see operating expenses for hockey, but total expenses is lumped in for all sports except basketball and football.

FWIW, UAF's operating expenses for hockey in the last reporting period was $1.3 million. To put that in perspective, BGSU's operating expenses for football was $1.1 million.

It will be interesting to see how these numbers change in the nWCHA. My hunch is operating expenses will go down a bit as the travel deal is better than what we had in the CCHA.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          How are you getting total expenses for hockey broken out? I see operating expenses for hockey, but total expenses is lumped in for all sports except basketball and football.

FWIW, UAF's operating expenses for hockey in the last reporting period was $1.3 million. To put that in perspective, BGSU's operating expenses for football was $1.1 million.

It will be interesting to see how these numbers change in the nWCHA. My hunch is operating expenses will go down a bit as the travel deal is better than what we had in the CCHA.
          yep, it will be fascinating to see the new numbers. looks like last year's public disclosure deadline was Oct. 15.

I'm looking at the data that BGSU submitted, which breaks it down better than the EADA site. The data is out there somewhere, whether or not individual schools choose to make finding easy.
          http://www.bgsufalcons.com/documents...adareport(pdf)

ouch, UAF's operating expenses.
          Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post

ouch, UAF's operating expenses.
            Just exactly how is that "ouch" worthy? Unless of course by "ouch" you mean ... "UAF is committed to D1 Hockey at the highest level".

Jeezus ... it really blows goats that UAA and UAF are stuck in a conference with so many programs who don't appear to be fully committed to D1 hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              Just exactly how is that "ouch" worthy? Unless of course by "ouch" you mean ... "UAF is committed to D1 Hockey at the highest level".

Jeezus ... it really blows goats that UAA and UAF are stuck in a conference with so many programs who don't appear to be fully committed to D1 hockey.
              yeah, because fan reactions to things mean thats how the admins feel....btw, don't like it get the f out. We wouldn't miss you.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally Posted by uaafanblog
                ouch, your perpetual butthurt. it must be a painful condition, and we empathize in the Midwest.

because we were talking about operating expenses--not total investment, "commitment", dick size, or anything else.
                btw, anchorage's 2012-2013 operating expenses were less than half of UAF's. in your world, that apparently means that UAF is twice as "committed" to hockey as anchorage. oh noes! lol.
                Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post

Well why don't you see if one of those conferences that are better committed will take you. Where exactly would your program be without these schools of lesser commitment? Oh...The ACHC, Alaska Collegiate Hockey Conference. You need Ferris and Northern and Bemidji and LSSU.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post

You're not STUCK anywhere, jackhole.
                    Leave anytime you like.
                    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Assuming the reports are true, shouldn't you be at the local strip club that has pregnant chicks? "I like _______ because the girls there are REAL."
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-17-2014, 11:19 PM.

Comment

it really blows goats that UAA and UAF are stuck in a conference with so many programs who don't appear to be fully committed to D1 hockey.
                        Tell you what. When either Alaska school wins THEIR FIRST league title - regular season OR playoff - instead of of one of these other programs who aren't "fully committed to D1 hockey", then come back and try again. And no, anything you won in the Great West Hockey Conference against Northern Arizona and US international doesn't count.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Tell you what. When either Alaska school wins THEIR FIRST league title - regular season OR playoff - instead of of one of these other programs who aren't "fully committed to D1 hockey", then come back and try again. And no, anything you won in the Great West Hockey Conference against Northern Arizona and US international doesn't count.
                          I'm more convinced than ever that Donald is a troll. No one could be that delusional while maintaining the mental capacity to use the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            To steal a quote from Patrick Roy: The U.P. teams can't hear what the Alaskans are saying because we have National Champion rings plugging our ears.

Comment

You have my deepest sympathies. Allow me to express my condolence in this haiku:

I feel bad for you
                              It must suck to be a fan
                              of UA hockey
                              BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                                You have my deepest sympathies. Allow me to express my condolence in this haiku:

I feel bad for you
                                It must suck to be a fan
                                of UA hockey
                                Wrong School

Just an FYI before Donald blows his tampon out over that....
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X