Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    That is some real critical thinking. Did voices lend a hand to influence you?
    Nice comeback! The irony in the reference to my username really hurt. How much time did you spend coming up with it? You must be really proud of yourself.
    BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
      Nice comeback! The irony in the reference to my username really hurt. How much time did you spend coming up with it? You must be really proud of yourself.
      Knowing Alaska Hockey it probably took him a nano second. You're no match for his wit. Don't even try.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        I'm pretty sure they covered that in the interview process. They probably got out their Rand McNally road atlas and showed him how far it is from Bemidji to Huntsville too.
        That makes me feel better. I hope Bill Robertson will take the bull by it's horn. This is an important year for the ten WCHA teams. A strong fresh and new leadership is needed to establish unitity amongst the teams. His PR background can go along way to help a league that needs a strong identity amongst the college leagues.

He needs to sell the strong points of the WCHA to the hockey public.
        The Commish will also have to find ways to get a higher percentage of people to fill the seats at local arenas.

Filling seats at the Xcel Energy Center is also going to be a huge challenge with teams from small communities and tiny alumni bases, too.
        We know we're not dealing with the Gophers and ND to fill the Excel.

Also finding sponsors becomes very challenging because of the location of many teams.

Travel is the biggest headache the WCHA just can't avoid. The cost and time on the academics on the student athletes can take it's toll.
        Last edited by Pink Pony; 06-22-2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Xcel Center, as in the Energy company, not Excel as in spreadsheets.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Knowing Alaska Hockey it probably took him a nano second. You're no match for his wit. Don't even try.
            This is all serious business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Super serious...
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                This is so serious the lawyers, accountants and politicians are all involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  They probably got out their Rand McNally road atlas and showed him how far it is from Bemidji to Huntsville too.
                  I hope Bruce M. takes Bill R. on this trip and tell him stories about the Hockey Capital of the South.

Also when they get to Huntsville they stop at the rink show Bill R. the five National championship banners that UAH Chargers have achieved.
                  Last edited by Pink Pony; 06-26-2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I'm so glad PP hasn't been banned. I'm enjoying his attempts at covering his *** and saving himself. Consider it the offseason entertainment, if you will.
                    BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      If UAA and UAF were so self-sufficient, why did they shackle themselves to this seemingly low revenue and backward thinking WCHA? .
                      They knew the WCHA had sixty or more years of tradition and the oldest running league in the nation. Stability.

The other league will fight amongst themselves and form yet another league. The WCHA has stability and a real trophy.

As we all know the WCHA is here forever.
                      Last edited by Pink Pony; 06-27-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

College Hockey News ‏@chnews 4m
                        1st WCHA commit goes - Bowling Green’s Mark Friedman, to Philly at No. 86

and best wishes to Todd Reirden in his new job as asst. coach with the Caps.

#WeAreBG #RollAlong
                        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

• Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post

#WeAreBG #RollAlong
                          I remember Todd when he was playing for Tallahassee. There's a guy who worked his tail off and exceeded his talent!
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post

#WeAreBG #RollAlong
                            UAF recruit Nikolas Koberstein picked in the 5th round by the Habs.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Jack Hittinger of the Bemidji Pioneer got to talk to both WCHA commissioners yesterday. Something of note:

The men's league last year started a new streaming service through AmericaOne. Robertson said the streaming service was successful but needed a bigger marketing push -- which is something currently being discussed.

"We have several alliances in particular we're working on," he said. "I think media outlets are going to want it. The WCHA has to do a good job of promoting it. But we need to get it out there better, make sure people know they can buy it."
                              Looks like AmericaONE will be back for a second season.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Video of the Press Conference:

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/ne...and-community/
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X