Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    ...I started posting here in 2002, eight years before your first one. I've been to over 40 college hockey buildings since my first attended game when I was 3 months old. ...
    He's not kidding in his tag line of "uaafanblog, AKA - 'Drop The Puck.'" That was his old handle when he got banned once before. I think there were a couple in between, but my memory fails as to what they were. He's been around since 2000, and maybe even a few years before that.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Then don't put words in mine, *****hat. If you want raw numbers, check your posts - we have about the same number so there's your straight empirical data.
      LOL ... a "post count" argument!!! Sweet logical fallacy there. This sort of argument used to happen here quite a bit back in 2001. By the way ... I joined in 1999.

I started posting here in 2002, eight years before your first one. I've been to over 40 college hockey buildings since my first attended game when I was 3 months old. And I can guarantee to you that I know more about college hockey than you.
      But how about some "empirical data" to back that up? What specifically do you claim to know more about with regard to college hockey? Are you a college hockey historian? Have you befriended more college hockey players than me? Enlighten us if you like. Maybe you're really old and have been watching hockey for longer than me? Lay out your resume' for us, please.

If you can't recognize sarcasm, that ain't my issue so can the "strawman" idea.
      A sarcastic strawman is nonetheless a strawman.

I'll engage anyone I please here. But certainly doesn't please me to do it with you.
      Good. Remember that.

If you want an intelligent discussion with someone who knows the issues faced by almost every college hockey program from Minnesota to Mercyhurst, I'm your guy.
      Are you going to tell me your IQ next? LOL ...

If you want to spout off with a bunch of vitriol or unsupported crap, I'll call you on it. I'm not here to badmouth anyone's program, I just hate misinformation and unfounded rhetoric with a passion. And you crossed the line on both.
      Incorrect. I didn't spout a bunch of vitriol. I lightly spanked you for making a strawman. I didn't cross my line. Tough boobies if I crossed your line.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        He's not kidding in his tag line of "uaafanblog, AKA - 'Drop The Puck.'" That was his old handle when he got banned once before. I think there were a couple in between, but my memory fails as to what they were. He's been around since 2000, and maybe even a few years before that.
        I originally joined witht the stupid name "AnyoneButTalafousNow" but that only last a couple of months until a fellow UAA fan posting here asked me nicely to change it and made a reasoned argument why I should. Drop The Puck was banned back in whenever. I detailed the events on my blog. I stayed away from here for a couple of years. Then they let me rejoin with this name knowing who I was. I don't think I ever had any other name ... oh wait ... I made a joke name called "John Hill's Hair" to have a couple of days worth of fun with someone posting as "Don Lucia's Hair".

Was it you or someone else that did the old "USCHO Newbie Guide" where it said something in the WCHA section like ... "Don't attempt to match wits with Drop The Puck; no go ahead, humility is good for everyone."?
        Last edited by uaafanblog; 06-19-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          I originally joined witht the stupid name "AnyoneButTalafousNow" but that only last a couple of months until a fellow UAA fan posting here asked me nicely to change it and made a reasoned argument why I should. Drop The Puck was banned back in whenever. I detailed the events on my blog. I stayed away from here for a couple of years. Then they let me rejoin with this name knowing who I was. I don't think I ever had any other name ... oh wait ... I made a joke name called "John Hill's Hair" to have a couple of days worth of fun with someone posting as "Don Lucia's Hair".

Was it you or someone else that did the old "USCHO Newbie Guide" where it said something in the WCHA section like ... "Don't attempt to match wits with Drop The Puck; no go ahead, humility is good for everyone."?
          I didn't write that (Maybe Bronconick did? Maizerage? Christ that was a while ago.) But I tried to mirror the newbie guide on my website for a while. I'll have to dig through some old discs to see if I have it saved still after my website took a sh*t a few years back.

Ah yes, I do recall the hair parody accounts.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Bronconick used to maintain the newbie guide. That was eons ago.

Comment

Safe to say; this thread has run its course.
              I'll check back in a couple of months to see if ANYbody has made ANY posts having ANYthing to do with hockey.
              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                I'll check back in a couple of months to see if ANYbody has made ANY posts having ANYthing to do with hockey.
                Typical of a thread the dtp gets involved in, it falls off the tracks with dick measuring and bull****.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                  I guess that the safe thing to do is to wait for the league to announce the schedule and/or any media plans for next year. That might create some signal out of this noise.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Yep, definitely run its course. Any thread with pony and Donald isn't worth my time.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Yep, definitely run its course. Any thread with pony and Donald isn't worth my time.
                      Yap yap yap............ You’ll be back, you’re a Husky.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                        So then "Critical" in your screen moniker is more of a "medical" reference? Almost braindead is a tragic thing.
                        I'm now twice as convinced uaafanblog and Pink Pony are the same person.
                        BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                          I have a sneaking suspicion that he already knows.
                          I hope the Commish knows what he is getting into. The WCHA is a long way from the Minnesota Wild. I like Bill Robertson PR background and I hope he can put it to use quickly as Bruce McLeod let the WCHA crumble by not communicating at the right times as teams parted ways.
                          Last edited by Pink Pony; 06-21-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                            I'm now twice as convinced uaafanblog and Pink Pony are the same person.
                            That is some real critical thinking. Did voices lend a hand to influence you?
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                              I hope the Commish knows what he is getting into. The WCHA is a long way from the Minnesota Wild. I like Bill Robertson PR background and I hope he can put it to use quickly as Bruce McLeod let the WCHA crumble by not communicating at the right times as teams parted ways.
                              I'm pretty sure they covered that in the interview process. They probably got out their Rand McNally road atlas and showed him how far it is from Bemidji to Huntsville too.
                              Last edited by davyd83; 06-21-2014, 07:47 PM.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Hope the college hockey fans of the world are having a great summer. Check out these "All-Access/Behind-the-Scenes" videos on the Ferris State Hockey team to get your hockey fix. The series is titled Bulldogs Unleashed and there are 9 of them.

Bulldogs Unleashed 1: St. Lawrence
                                Bulldogs Unleashed 2: Bowling Green (Part 1)
                                Bulldogs Unleashed 3: Bowling Green (Part 2)
                                Bulldogs Unleashed 4: Lake Superior State (Part 1)
                                Bulldogs Unleashed 5: Lake Superior State (Part 2)
                                Bulldogs Unleashed 6: Michigan
                                Bulldogs Unleashed 7: Bemidji State (Playoffs Part 1)
                                Bulldogs Unleashed 8: Bemidji State (Playoffs Part 2)

Comment

Working...
                                X