The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Do you plebs really think that this commissioner isn't going to be fully engaged? No doubt he already has a schedule in place to visit each community extensively and engage with private interested parties and the public on multiple occasions throughout the year. A requirement or even just a desire that he experience the travel is just short of ludicrous. Any mature adult of his age has had plenty of experience travelling to easily empathize. If you don't "think" the new guy in the job isn't going to bust his *** trying to identify and prioritize the complex issues while taking into account the various proposals to rectify said issues then you aren't really "thinking".

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      do you plebs really think that this commissioner isn't going to be fully engaged? No doubt he already has a schedule in place to visit each community extensively and engage with private interested parties and the public on multiple occasions throughout the year. A requirement or even just a desire that he experience the travel is just short of ludicrous. Any mature adult of his age has had plenty of experience travelling to easily empathize. If you don't "think" the new guy in the job isn't going to bust his *** trying to identify and prioritize the complex issues while taking into account the various proposals to rectify said issues then you aren't really "thinking".
      amen!!!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I know the men's league dominates our posting here, but keep in mind there are SEVEN WCHA member teams in Minnesota and the commish does represent the men's and women's programs. I think MN is a very suitable location for the new HQ.

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I know the men's league dominates our posting here, but keep in mind there are SEVEN WCHA member teams in Minnesota and the commish does represent the men's and women's programs. I think MN is a very suitable location for the new HQ.

Ryan J
          im pretty sure the women's side has it's own commish.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            They do. He's just the commish for the men.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              Do you plebs really think that this commissioner isn't going to be fully engaged? No doubt he already has a schedule in place to visit each community extensively and engage with private interested parties and the public on multiple occasions throughout the year. A requirement or even just a desire that he experience the travel is just short of ludicrous. Any mature adult of his age has had plenty of experience travelling to easily empathize. If you don't "think" the new guy in the job isn't going to bust his *** trying to identify and prioritize the complex issues while taking into account the various proposals to rectify said issues then you aren't really "thinking".
              I have a feeling the Commish will be racking up some serious frequent flyer miles this year, with multiple visits to all markets. The abilitly for convenient travel will be a big asset.

Comment

So what are the biggest things everyone would like to see the WCHA accomplish this year under the new commissioner?

I'm a huge fan of free online broadcasts, that would be a big one for me. Website/Social Media is another big one for me. I'm also hoping for a fun WCHA Tournament now that it will be back in St. Paul, I'm curious to see how they are going to drive lots of fans to the games.

I know this may have been talked about on previous threads but I'm new here and don't want to go through thousands of pages of old forums
                Last edited by nmufan2008; 06-15-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  The Commish: Hey coach, it's the commish! Would you mind if I hopped on your bus to Huntsville and took up valuable space making a couple more members of your group a little less comfortable so I can see just how long and difficult the trip is for myself?

Coach: #### %#%€£ *****!!!
                  Get him out of his plushy office in Edina. He can find out real quick the WCHA isn't the NHL.

He is coming from the NHL.
                  Last edited by Pink Pony; 06-15-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    Show me his agenda. I can't assume he is going to this.
                    Last edited by Pink Pony; 06-15-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                      Show me his agenda. I can't assume he is going to this.
                      Eat a G!antB@gofD!cks you ill-advised and poorly implemented effing troll.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                        Eat a G!antB@gofD!cks you ill-advised and poorly implemented effing troll.
                        Can you tell us how you really feel about him?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          They do. He's just the commish for the men.
                          Ok, but even so, I would think both would reside in the same building... along with their Twitter person, the staff member in charge of getting a deal with ESPN in prime time, that guy who is working on making Delta the official airline of the WCHA and books the trips to AK for all the teams, and lets not forget the person who is going to figure out where to hold the WCHA championships every season. One big family working together to achieve World Hockey Domination!

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            Ok, but even so, I would think both would reside in the same building... along with their Twitter person, the staff member in charge of getting a deal with ESPN in prime time, that guy who is working on making Delta the official airline of the WCHA and books the trips to AK for all the teams, and lets not forget the person who is going to figure out where to hold the WCHA championships every season. One big family working together to achieve World Hockey Domination!
                            If they can afford to treat them as two leagues under the same banner in a number of important ways, then I think that they should. The needs of the two leagues are significantly different.

GFM <— expects that we'll be doing AmericaONE again this season given the short period of time available, and is very happy that he won't be broadcasting for UAH.
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I would say he plans on getting to all the cities sometime during the year, even if there is no hockey going on. He already has a trip to Bemidji planned on June 30, along with the Womens WCHA Commish.

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/ne...t-for-june-30/
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                If they can afford to treat them as two leagues under the same banner in a number of important ways, then I think that they should. The needs of the two leagues are significantly different. GFM <— expects that we'll be doing AmericaONE again this season given the short period of time available, and is very happy that he won't be broadcasting for UAH.
                                This "short period of time" is a standard excuse. Get a top ten list from every team and total it up and get to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X