• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    OK, now I understand.
    Didn't realize that info was 'public'.
    Sort of like old punishment of placing petty criminals in stocks on the public square for ridicule.
    Our current line of post is kind of like the rest of the citizens tossing rotten veggies at the pilloried fool.
    I love it when a system works.
    Please hand me that squishy tomato.

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/12300/123...s_12397_lg.gif
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

I believe that uaafanblog and dxmnkd316 ought to get married.
      Their bickering is obviously triggered by some latent, suppressed sexual tension.
      Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
        I believe that uaafanblog and dxmnkd316 ought to get married.
        Their bickering is obviously triggered by some latent, suppressed sexual tension.
        Latent? More like inane.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Does anyone have or know where to find the financials for the nWCHA Final 4ive?
          Or is that information hidden from public view?

Comment

I think weenie-dom is a good fit for most of us.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              They're not going to go out of their way to give out that information.

Since the WCHA is a tax-exempt non-profit, all their tax information becomes public record eventually. 2012 is the most recent information you can find online though.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                There is a WCHA AD meeting in the near future. Might be something known after that.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

The series between Boston and Detroit is illustrating the differences in systems played by a few teams in our league. Boston plays one much like BGSU and Detroit plays one like some of our more up and down teams. It's been interesting to watch the chess match going on with the match ups, and how each team tries to neutralize the advantages of the others system.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

LSSU to announce new hockey head coach tomorrow at noon EST. Sources say Whitten will be hired.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      LSSU to announce new hockey head coach tomorrow at noon EST. Sources say Whitten will be hired.
                      based on my source, I'll be shocked if it isn't Whitten.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

For those that missed it, a good Q&A with the new WCHA commissioner by College Hockey News

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...mmissioner.php

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                          For those that missed it, a good Q&A with the new WCHA commissioner by College Hockey News

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...mmissioner.php
                          This guy already sounds light years ahead of McLeod and his "status quo/wait and see" approach to running things.

Comment

The title for the CHN "article" should be "Get to Know WCHA Commish" ...

It's some sort of pandering glop if you ask me. It's more about justifying the guy in the job with "lookie ... I really know about hockey" questions/answers than it is substantive. Then the guy shows how much he doesn't know about college hockey with the speculative "maybe a west coast team will start hockey"? He'd get called a noob and be wearing red reputation here if he started that thread.

So his vision for the future WCHA seems to me to be ...
                            Try to get a better TV deal. Hope another west coast school starts D1 hockey. Kowtow to the group of butthurt schools that just left for some sort of scheduling agreement.

Comment

Since further realignment within the next 5-10 years seems to be a poorly-kept secret among college hockey's administrators, I'd say it's more likely that he's got his ear to the ground on who is potentially looking to make a move, as far as the near future is concerned.

Comment

That WCHA West - WCHA East thing may be an indication that there's an idea floating to merge with the NCHC. I wonder how they'd handle the Alaska schools: one in each division?

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X