Mid-West Regional North Dakota/Wisconsin & Ferris State/Colgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-West Regional North Dakota/Wisconsin & Ferris State/Colgate

On paper the Sioux/Bucky first round game might be the marquee game of the tournament.
    Go Pioneers!

Re: Mid-West Regional North Dakota/Wisconsin & Ferris State/Colgate

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    On paper the Sioux/Bucky first round game might be the marquee game of the tournament.
    Meh, the becky fans will be too busy having sex with roadkill to care about this matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      Meh, the becky fans will be too busy having sex with roadkill to care about this matchup.
      Plus they'll still be hungover from drinking a couple gallons of paint thinner after their pumpkin pushers get destroyed by Baylor the night before.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Go SIOUX
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Plus they'll still be hungover from drinking a couple gallons of paint thinner after their pumpkin pushers get destroyed by Baylor the night before.
          That will ruin my bouncy ball bracket, but make my hockey bracket golden.
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Or the Sioux will lose in the first game just like 2009 and 2010
            UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
              Or the Sioux will lose in the first game just like 2009 and 2010
              As written in Scripture. We will lose to B.C. in the Championship game.
              "My greatest achievement."
              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Well if you do, have a better showing than UW 5 - 0 defeat in 2010
                UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

On paper? No.

On ice.
                  No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post
                    On paper? No.

On ice.
                    Sometimes it doesn't always play out that way "on ice"--especially first round. My guess if it aint close the advantage will be Bucky's.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

It's more marquee by name or reputation than current performance, IMHO.

Notwithstanding a second half showing that enabled UND to sneak into the tournament, they are just 5-4 in their last 9 games, with 5 played at home and 2 on neutral ice with a big home crowd advantage. They have also shown a tendency, in recent weeks, to struggle putting the puck in the net in games where they could really take a step forward, put themselves in a position to win the conference, to win the conference tourney, or even secure a place in the NCAA's. From one fan's perspective they've played with a tight grip on their sticks in those games, death for a team that doesn't have a ton of high end talent up front.

If UND is going to win this game, I think these things will be key:

1. They have play with a lead. With this team, a one goal deficit can feel like a mountain. An early goal does amazing things for this team. It seems to loosen them up to play more aggressive, take a few more chances, in general just play better. As soon as they fall behind the defense starts backing off to protect against additional goals, and the forwards try to score every goal unassisted.

2. They have to win the special teams battle. Limit their penalties, which they've done a pretty decent job of lately. But I think they'll need at least one power play goal to win.

3. They'll have to have a little "puck luck". They aren't going to score a bunch of tic-tac-toe pretty goals. They need a deflection or two. Score a "greasy" goal, as Hak likes to say. Wisconsin shots from prime positions that hit someone's stick.

4. Zane will have to be on. He has done a terrific job of limiting the soft goals this year. There can't be any this weekend if UND is to advance. He's also going to have to steal one or two, maybe get the Badger forwards a little frustrated.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I agree with what you're saying about the Pioux SJ. I expect Bucky to come out of this regional.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          It's more marquee by name or reputation than current performance, IMHO.

Notwithstanding a second half showing that enabled UND to sneak into the tournament, they are just 5-4 in their last 9 games, with 5 played at home and 2 on neutral ice with a big home crowd advantage. They have also shown a tendency, in recent weeks, to struggle putting the puck in the net in games where they could really take a step forward, put themselves in a position to win the conference, to win the conference tourney, or even secure a place in the NCAA's. From one fan's perspective they've played with a tight grip on their sticks in those games, death for a team that doesn't have a ton of high end talent up front.

If UND is going to win this game, I think these things will be key:

1. They have play with a lead. With this team, a one goal deficit can feel like a mountain. An early goal does amazing things for this team. It seems to loosen them up to play more aggressive, take a few more chances, in general just play better. As soon as they fall behind the defense starts backing off to protect against additional goals, and the forwards try to score every goal unassisted.

2. They have to win the special teams battle. Limit their penalties, which they've done a pretty decent job of lately. But I think they'll need at least one power play goal to win.

3. They'll have to have a little "puck luck". They aren't going to score a bunch of tic-tac-toe pretty goals. They need a deflection or two. Score a "greasy" goal, as Hak likes to say. Wisconsin shots from prime positions that hit someone's stick.

4. Zane will have to be on. He has done a terrific job of limiting the soft goals this year. There can't be any this weekend if UND is to advance. He's also going to have to steal one or two, maybe get the Badger forwards a little frustrated.
                          Definitely agree with 2 ,3 and 4, but they are 10-5 on the year when the other team scores first, so no panic needed. Having said that, like most teams, they have a losing record when they are behind after both the first and second periods. If they can get an edge 5 on 5, and do 2, 3 and 4, I like their chances.
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I suppose everyone can say this about their team, but I think the Badgers are in the FF if they avoid the defensive breakdowns that plagued them against OSU.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think UND is in the Frozen Four if they win two games this weekend.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                              X