2014-15 schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UML Mike View Post
    An e-mail to UMass-Lowell season ticket holders indicated that Michigan and Michigan State would be coming to Lowell.
    I think the Michigan fanboys in the area could give the ND phonies a run for their money.

Comment

Re: 2014-15 schedules

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
      I like this. Nothing like back-to-backs to let the rivalry/hatred grow!
      Except we'll have a weekend to rest up before we come to your barn and smack you around.
      Ferris State University - 2012 Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        UAA and Uaf opponents for the Kendall and Brice are Wisconsin, Maine, Penn State, and Air Force
        Any idea which one Wisconsin will be in and which weekend that is?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
          Any idea which one Wisconsin will be in and which weekend that is?

Thanks
          UW and Maine are in the Kendall which is usually the 2nd weekend in October

Penn st and Air Force are in the Brice goal ribs which is the following weekend
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

For DU I know BC is coming to Denver for homecoming which I believe is sometime in October. First DU has to get past them this Saturday. I also read Monty is trying to get some games with Maine. Don't know if that will be this coming season.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
              UW and Maine are in the Kendall which is usually the 2nd weekend in October

Penn st and Air Force are in the Brice goal ribs which is the following weekend
              Thanks!

Comment

For Minnesota, we have the ice breaker in Notre Dame, home-and-home with both SCSU and tUMD, Road trip to BC and Northeastern. 1 game each. the North Star Cup with Minnesota State Mankato, UMD, BSU. St Cloud State is sitting out this year.
                Last edited by Gophers #1; 03-25-2014, 06:27 PM.
                Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  All I know for UMD is their nonconference schedule; that they are playing in the Icebreaker at Notre Dame against RPI and could play UMTC or ND. They play at Michigan Tech in December, have home and homes with UMTC and Minnesota State and are in the North Star College Cup and probably playing Bemidji State. The NCHC schedule for next year has not been finished.
                  I believe UMD should have 1 more NC series. I pretty sure the Ice Breaker does not count towards the 34 game limit set by the NCAA. I would think it would be a home series (just guessing) as they only have 2 of the other 10 NC games at Amsoil.

Comment

Originally posted by CDOUG View Post
                    I believe UMD should have 1 more NC series. I pretty sure the Ice Breaker does not count towards the 34 game limit set by the NCAA. I would think it would be a home series (just guessing) as they only have 2 of the other 10 NC games at Amsoil.
                    Then that would make sense that the NMU radio guy DavyD said that Northern Michigan is coming to Duluth next season part of a one for one deal. As for the Icebreaker not counting...I do not know about that. Can someone confirm this?
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      Then that would make sense that the NMU radio guy DavyD said that Northern Michigan is coming to Duluth next season part of a one for one deal. As for the Icebreaker not counting...I do not know about that. Can someone confirm this?
                      I just looked at the Gopher schedule for this year (2013-14); they hosted this years Ice Breaker and they played 36 non-playoff games (37 with exhibition against the Canadian School). They didn't make a trip to Alaska this year so the Ice Breaker must be exempt from the 34 game limit.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        How is Atlantic Hockey going to work? Is it going to be 28 games? 26? Something else? Obviously UCONN is in HEA now.
                        What I heard is 28 conference games. 3 games vs 8 opponents and 2 games vs 2 opponents. I think it is done by lottery.
                        I would have preferred 4teams x 4games and 6 teams x 2 games, but I am sure the west would have nixed that.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                          What I heard is 28 conference games. 3 games vs 8 opponents and 2 games vs 2 opponents. I think it is done by lottery.
                          I would have preferred 4teams x 4games and 6 teams x 2 games, but I am sure the west would have nixed that.
                          Anybody know if UVM has any big teams scheduled to come in next year for OOC?
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

I just looked at the Gopher schedule for this year (2013-14); they hosted this years Ice Breaker and they played 36 non-playoff games (37 with exhibition against the Canadian School). They didn't make a trip to Alaska this year so the Ice Breaker must be exempt from the 34 game limit.
                            sounds like we have
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

What I am hearing about the RIT non conference schedule:

Home vs. Boston College (at Blue Cross Arena)
                              Home vs. Clarkson/St. Lawrence (New arena opening weekend)

At Yale
                              At Mariucci Classic

Comment

... the Ice Breaker must be exempt from the 34 game limit
                                As others have noted, the Ice Breaker is indeed an exempt tournament, but IIRC any given school can only avail themselves of this exemption once every four years. If that's still the case, then I don't understand how UMTC could be a participant again NEXT season (as has been suggested here by other posters) without then reducing its NC slate by 2 fewer games to compensate and meet the 34-game limit. Or am I totally out to lunch?

Comment

Working...
                                X