BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Re: Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Since I can't root for the red cows I'll be rooting for the purple ones, particularly since their head coach is likely to be our new head coach when the gap-toothed wonder retires.

We need Coach Hastings to be NCAA battle tested when he gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
      Since I can't root for the red cows I'll be rooting for the purple ones, particularly since their head coach is likely to be our new head coach when the gap-toothed wonder retires.

We need Coach Hastings to be NCAA battle tested when he gets here.
      Slow down, there. Now you're sounding like those Michigan fans trying to steal Mel from Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        Where are we drinking?
        Tournament Central is up. I would expect an update in the next 24 hours or so about pregame bar, tickets, etc.
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          Slow down, there. Now you're sounding like those Michigan fans trying to steal Mel from Tech.
          Except more asinine.

Checking in here, should be a tough regional.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
            Doubters would be well advised to scroll to the 50 second mark of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsOTMP2NgRA

The fix is in!

Mike Hastings = Will Muschamp?

Comment

Not knowing much about Mankato, would be really interested to hear from some of their fans. Who should we worry about? Strengths and weaknesses?
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Not knowing much about Mankato, would be really interested to hear from some of their fans. Who should we worry about? Strengths and weaknesses?
                I'll give a low down later today or tomorrow. Others may beat me to it, but I need to get a few things done before I give a good analysis.
                AF 99

Comment

If I could pick one region to go to this would be my choice. While BC-Denver has the big name panache (5 of last 10 NCAA titles) I'm going to be interested to see how Mankato handles the step up in class against a solid UML squad. Interesting that the #1 seed is the only one not to have won their conference tournament.

Comment

Lot of rage against BC from otherwise 'smart' Dave Starman. His Hobey pick? Not Goudreau. His Frozen Four? BC won't be in it. If he's right, he'll remind us of it. If he isn't, we'll remind him.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                      Lot of rage against BC from otherwise 'smart' Dave Starman. His Hobey pick? Not Goudreau. His Frozen Four? BC won't be in it. If he's right, he'll remind us of it. If he isn't, we'll remind him.
                      As far as Starman is concerned, I'll just say three words.

"Consider the source".

His work this weekend was just plain laughable during NCHC tourney coverage as he constantly made silly assertions that showed just how little NCHC hockey he probably really saw this season.

I'm certainly no expert, but I saw more than 40 NCHC games this season (almost 30 in person) and little he said matched up with my season's observations.

My wife, who is a casual college hockey fan only because I am a fan, even called him out on his list of Hobey favorites during the selection show this morning. Nick Dowd? Yeah, right.

Her assertion? "Isn't Gaudreau a shoe-in?"
                      Last edited by Red Cows; 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

he should be.

i think the biggest question of all in this regional is can bc return to form? right now, that's obviously a big if. at their best i think they are the best team in the regional but it will most likely take their best to get through.

one question i have on minnesota state is in goal. if i have it right, you have a freshman phenom who stole the job from last year's freshman phenom? pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          he should be.

i think the biggest question of all in this regional is can bc return to form? right now, that's obviously a big if. at their best i think they are the best team in the regional but it will most likely take their best to get through.

one question i have on minnesota state is in goal. if i have it right, you have a freshman phenom who stole the job from last year's freshman phenom? pretty interesting.
                          Yes on the goalie, although I think Williams was more highly regarded (more "phenom" if you will), and his ascendancy to the job last year was expected. It took a few games, but he earned it. Huggins more fell into the job, as Williams just didn't perform well, with an .867 save % when he lost the job. Huggins may lack Williams' penchant for the spectacular, athletic play, but he's much more consistent, and as Coach Hastings says, "He makes all the saves he should. And some of the ones he shouldn't."

Comment

and that is why women dont vote.

Gaudreau will prob win but not with support from the west

horrible bracket for BC
                            Denver, very dangerous, Lowell on top of gm ++

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              and that is why women dont vote.

Gaudreau will prob win but not with support from the west

horrible bracket for BC
                              Denver, very dangerous, Lowell on top of gm ++
                              Yes, and Minnesota State is a complete nonfactor in this region.
                              AF 99

Comment

Working...
                              X