Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Originally posted by Bale View Post
    For sake of accuracy, it was 2 of 12 against UAH, but still likely a less difficult schedule that Lowell.
    Actually, I think you misread the quote. JCarter referenced Hockey East's 12-0-0 NC record against WCHA teams this year. Notre Dame played and beat UAH three times and Northeastern played and beat them twice. I think you may have thought I was referring to Mankato's win streak?

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
      Denver has arguably one of the best goaltenders playing now. If he plays at what has been his normal condition, he will be difficult to score against. Brittain has a save percentage of .932. DU has less shots on goal than their opponent, especially in the third period. Brittain still has a save percentage of .932. I am not happy with the defense playing in front of him. I am also unhappy with Denver's penalty kill.
      pfft... if Hellebuyck were playing out west, he'd have a .995 save %. Don't let these Lowell fans fool ya.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        And Lowell fans, you know I love you. But a) I want you to win, so that's one strike; b) I may actually be in attendance and that's never a good sign for anyone, including my Terriers - strike 2
        Need a ride? We need all the help we can get.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Just got an email from info(at)dcucenter(dot)com that said individual day admission tickets are available for $47.50. The two day tickets are $85. Wish I had known that was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            pfft... if Hellebuyck were playing out west, he'd have a .995 save %. Don't let these Lowell fans fool ya.
            And if he always got to play at the Garden, he'd have a 0.25 GAA

Comment

Good afternoon. I'll try to quickly catch up on a few of the points on this thread so far.

Happiest to be here? Agreed, Green Meanies #1 (who I expect to get slammed by Bucky) DU #2 Griffs #3

Most likely underdog to emerge to Sunday or Philly? I'd go with State. They have a lot of talent and are underrated. I'm not expecting DU to get by the Eagles (who I have picked to win against the Goph's next month). I think BC will be focused and determined after their refocus off week.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by El Nino View Post
                UML's Connor Hellebuyck: 1.73 GAA, .943 SV%, 6 shutouts ----- leading NCAA in GAA and SV%
                # of Saves 732
                BC's Thatcher Demko: 2.13 GAA, .921 SV%, 2 shutouts # of saves 528
                Kato's Cole Huggins 1.91 GAA, .924 SV %, 6 shutouts, # of saves 709

DU's Sam "The Great" Brittain 2.11 GAA, .932 SV%, 5 shutouts, # of saves 1110
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Throw the numbers out. Yes, the numbers especially in the net are what get you there. In a one and done situation it's all about who can lock it down in the here and now.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Lowell has played a tougher schedule, no doubt.

Minnesota State was swept by Providence in the first series of the year, as well. That was a different team without Zach Lehrke, and was the start of a complete collapse by Stephon Williams. The outcome may not have changed, who knows. But it's been a long time since that series, that's for sure.
                    Thanks for the additional insight. Lowell played Mankato in '11 right? I believe both senior classes have faced each other twice that year with Lowell sweeping, right? I know this has nothing to do with this series, but I think that was the last time we faced each other?
                    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                      Thanks for the additional insight. Lowell played Mankato in '11 right? I believe both senior classes have faced each other twice that year with Lowell sweeping, right? I know this has nothing to do with this series, but I think that was the last time we faced each other?
                      Correct. I believe that was the year the Riverhawks had one of the best turnarounds in school history?
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        Plainly stated, Lowell has the best goaltender in the country.
                        Soooo haaarrdd not to comment on this, but in the interest of HE solidarity good luck Lowell
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Correct. I believe that was the year the Riverhawks had one of the best turnarounds in school history?
                          Lowell opened the 2011-2012 season with two at Mankato. They were the first two wins for coach Bazin at Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Yeah, I have to admit you're right. Hellebuyck's not great. Hell, he might not even be that good.
                            did I say that?

Patronick said something, and I commented.

Wilcox
                            Rumpel
                            Motte ???
                            Britain is not bad.
                            Union has some no name slob who would problably what, never get to play for the Junior Riverhawks
                            Quinipaic has another lucky goaltender, just luck, right?

I cannot comprehend how the Hobey committee missed the very best goalie in the country. Good thing Lowell has the sports writers who know better.

Hellebuyck is clearly the hottest goalie right now. That does not make him the best.

and I just love how disagreeing with an absolute statement made by a Lowell fan makes one a troll.

Comment

lowell is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                Soooo haaarrdd not to comment on this, but in the interest of HE solidarity good luck Lowell
                                I think hottest goalie would be a better word, right?
                                I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Working...
                                X