Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I'm just hoping Boston College doesn't embarrass themselves. Some very tough teams in this bracket and I hope we can compete.
    Well if they lose have no one to blame but Grant and his undefeated thread jinx
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      If it makes you feel better DU is a lot like Lowell or ND, only with less offense.
      So if you good against that type of game you are all set.
      Nope. Not good against that type of game. Offense is sputtering, defense is swiss cheese and goalie has his head buried in his arse. We're in trouble.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
        Have been here before. Beer selection is AWESOME! The food is a eally good as well. And its really close to the rink.
        Also - huge patio.I think its a solid choice.
        Does look nice and unfortunately choices appear to be very limited in Worcester. Always amazed that there aren't more things closer to the DCU center, Bridgeport had better options nearby.

Pricey though ($8.50 for grilled cheese, $13 for a basic burger, $14 for American Chop Suey?). Won't be spending any money here but will be nice to hang out for a little bit before the game.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Sadly, Patman's right. I don't think there's a lot right around the arena (that you can walk to) that can also host as many as Lowell
          probably expects.
          I've always hung at The Irish Times when in Worcester for an event.

That's OK, though. Perhaps after enjoying our hand crafted artisanal repasts, each creatively conceived and married perfectly to a libation that compliments its eclectic subtlety, we'll be inspired to finally change our cheers!

So when they announce each player for Mankato, instead of screaming "Who cayahs, YOU SUCK!", how about "We're oblivious to you due to your manifest dearth of athletic prowess!"

Comment

Anyone have any idea what game-day ticket availability will be like? Don't want to pay fees...
            Mule train, yeah, yeah!

Comment

I have not seen much conversation about this... Does anyone have a way to watch the games on ESPN3? I don't have the correct provider and don't know anyone who does. Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by maverick2009 View Post
                I have not seen much conversation about this... Does anyone have a way to watch the games on ESPN3? I don't have the correct provider and don't know anyone who does. Any help?
                Same boat as you. Neither my TV provider (DirecTV) nor my ISP are listed on ESPN3's lists. I assume there will be viewing parties in Mankato, but not an option for me. I suppose I can change ISPs by Saturday, but I'm going to hear some objections to that here in the house.

I try not to hate ESPN, but they make it so easy.

Comment

In my past experience with ESPN3 you do not need a provider. According to the website the Lowell Mankato game is not locked (therefore does not require provider information). You should be able to click the link that shows up on their website at 7:30 and tune into the game.

If you wanted to watch any of the other games you would need provider information. NESN picked up a few games last year I think, so it is possible they would pick it up.

Hope that helps
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                    In my past experience with ESPN3 you do not need a provider. According to the website the Lowell Mankato game is not locked (therefore does not require provider information). You should be able to click the link that shows up on their website at 7:30 and tune into the game.

If you wanted to watch any of the other games you would need provider information. NESN picked up a few games last year I think, so it is possible they would pick it up.

Hope that helps
                    Thanks! I'll give it a shot. Fox Sports North picked up our game last year, but our usually reliable newspaper guy was told that the NCAA is not allowing that this year. Because, you know, we have to help out ESPN, that true friend of hockey.

Comment

Hope that helps
                      Agreed. I connect my laptop to my HDTV via HDMI cable and it isn't bad. If switching between 3 and U, I notice that 3 isn't as good (internet choppy), but if I stay on 3 I don't really notice. Typing this, I realize upgrading to a faster Comcast internet package might help, but it isn't worth the $ for the few times per year I watch 3.
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post

Hope that helps
                        No syndication allowed this year.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                          So uh, the official pre-game party for Lowell fans has been set:

http://www.1nichexchange.com/citizen-wine-bar.php

What goes better with hockey than wine, cheese and chocolate?

Lowell hockey followers are quite cultured and have impeccable taste but this might be a stretch.
                          As I recall when UML came to Denver last year, the questions were all about BEER.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Thanks! I'll give it a shot. Fox Sports North picked up our game last year, but our usually reliable newspaper guy was told that the NCAA is not allowing that this year. Because, you know, we have to help out ESPN, that true friend of hockey.
                            It's not the NCAA's choice. ESPN owns the TV rights, it's their choice if they want to sublease the rights to another network.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

USCHO Live guest Sean Ritchlin, who will provide analysis alongside Clay Matvick from the NCAA West Regional, just picked Lowell to win it all, says "they're a team ready to explode."
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Curious where you saw that the Lowell/Mankato game was unlocked?
                                I'm seeing the game in the upcoming list, but it is padlock'd and says I need the provider info to access it.
                                Maybe I am doing it wrong, but pretty much everything looks locked down for me (even the replays).

Other ideas?? Please (and thanks) for the help!

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                                X