Should be a packed house and some great games! Looking forward to it
    Quinnipiac University '15
    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
    ECAC Championship: 2016
    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
    Yuck Fale : 2013

Re: East Regional- Union vs Vermont & Quinnipiac vs Providence

I'm rather hoping to spoil the all ECAC game on Saturday, but PC needs to play a helluva lot better than they did on Friday.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      I'm rather hoping to spoil the all ECAC game on Saturday, but PC needs to play a helluva lot better than they did on Friday.
      Vermont is hit or miss. Hoffman has steadily crept up in the goalie ranks. If he plays like he did against UML Union is in for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
        Vermont is hit or miss. Hoffman has steadily crept up in the goalie ranks. If he plays like he did against UML Union is in for a fight.
        everyone on Twitter is acting like U got a first and second round bye. Yeah. It's going to be an uphill climb to get past them.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          everyone on Twitter is acting like U got a first and second round bye. Yeah. It's going to be an uphill climb to get past them.
          It will also be interesting to see what they let go in terms of physical play. My wildcard is Brickley. If he is allowed to play his game UVM can win this. The others are "known" entities. He is the great unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
            Should be a packed house and some great games! Looking forward to it
            How do you guys think this regional will draw? I'm in NYC and am considering taking MetroNorth out for the championship game on Saturday.

Comment

Hockey East or ECAC final, or a mixed bag? I like PC over a disappointing Q. Union is solid, but the Cats, from the bottom of Hockey East will give the ECAC champs a battle. McCarthy will show the country he should be a Hobey Baker finalist, second only to all world Johny Goudreau.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyCat View Post
                Hockey East or ECAC final, or a mixed bag?
                HE Final.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by balfred View Post
                  How do you guys think this regional will draw? I'm in NYC and am considering taking MetroNorth out for the championship game on Saturday.
                  I will be taking Metro-North from NYC as well. Really easy trip. Then the rink is only a block away from the Bridgeport train station.

Webster Bank Arena seats 8,575 for hockey. I think it'll be pretty crowded on Friday, but the 2:00 start time on work/week day will hurt attendance. If it's a Union/Quinnipiac final on Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a near sell-out.
                  LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                    I will be taking Metro-North from NYC as well. Really easy trip. Then the rink is only a block away from the Bridgeport train station.

Webster Bank Arena seats 8,575 for hockey. I think it'll be pretty crowded on Friday, but the 2:00 start time on work/week day will hurt attendance. If it's a Union/Quinnipiac final on Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a near sell-out.
                    I don't read much about Quinnipiac hockey, but do they have strong fan support? Their proximity obviously helps in boosting attendance.

Comment

Quinnipiac drew extremely well on a Wednesday night before thanksgiving against PC...
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Quinnipiac drew extremely well on a Wednesday night before thanksgiving against PC...
                        That is good to hear. It really sets up to maximize attendance given the teams participating. I think certainly a Quinnipiac/Union match would draw well as mentioned before. Sometimes these regionals really struggle but I think they've set up the East/MidEast to do very well.

Comment

Originally posted by balfred View Post
                          That is good to hear. It really sets up to maximize attendance given the teams participating. I think certainly a Quinnipiac/Union match would draw well as mentioned before. Sometimes these regionals really struggle but I think they've set up the East/MidEast to do very well.
                          Where is the Mid-East regional? Kuwait?

Union v. Qu drew 1900 and 3500 during the regular season.... UVM v. PC drew 3750 and 3900 and it's not even a rivalary. The fact the Q is close bodes well, but my guess would be that any other team then Union would draw as well or better v. QU.
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            Where is the Mid-East regional? Kuwait?

Union v. Qu drew 1900 and 3500 during the regular season.... UVM v. PC drew 3750 and 3900 and it's not even a rivalary. The fact the Q is close bodes well, but my guess would be that any other team then Union would draw as well or better v. QU.
                            Good point. Union is a small school with a poor history of sports enthusiasm. Hopefully their high national rank draws increased interest from Qu if that is indeed the matchup on Saturday.

Comment

I would not be surprised to hear at least half the house rooting for Quinnipiac. Union had a great fan base at Lake Placid yesterday, if Union can draw at least 2K and the other teams a thousand or two each, it should be a great atmosphere. I don't see this as a cakewalk for Union, but they are the prohibitive favorite in my book. Quinnipiac did not look great Friday night, but they could beat anyone in the top 16 on any night if they play well. Teams that throw as much rubber at the net as possible against them will find alot of second chances.

For those traveling and staying overnight, there are very limited options for downtown Bridgeport hotels, the Holiday Inn Downtown BPT will be the official team hotel if the past years hold true, (walking distance). Just checked on Expedia and it is available for $99 a night Friday and Saturday ( a bargain). The Trumbull CT Marriott is another great choice. If you can't get the Holiday Inn, I would recommend some of the better chain hotels along I-95 in Milford or Stratford, just east of BPT.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X