Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: East Regional- Union vs Vermont & Quinnipiac vs Providence

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
    And Q and Union are a combined 4-0 against the two teams who played for the HE championship
    Sounds like someone is due for a loss

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Not sure how you can call a #2 seed a disappointing team. Yes they struggled without JST down the stretch but he is a huge factor and will be playing against the Friars who at times themselves were sleep walking through their season in the Hockey East at times. The crowd should be heavily favored towards Quinnipiac in this regional and that could be a big plus for them.
      I was at Hamden last Saturday for QU-Yale. QU did not look like a disappointing team that night, and they were 1 minute from being in the ECAC final on Friday. Credit to Colgate for the incredible comeback and taking it up a notch in OT.

Comment

This just in, QU is hiring Bruce Delventhal to coach the team so it's an all former/present Union coached Regional.
        Your Mama loves the Q!

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
          heard the same nonsense last year when BC didn't even belong on the same ice as Union.
          who did you hear this from? certainly wasn't from bc fans.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            who did you hear this from? certainly wasn't from bc fans.
            Just general ECAC bashing. HE is the best conference in college hockey. The ECAC has improved and played them very tough the last 4 years. The gap has narrowed. Jcarter is starting the drumbeating this year with idiotic statements like there is a "tremendous" difference.

Comment

i thought he was talking how the 7th and 8th place teams in hockey east are better than the 7th and 8th place teams in the ecac. i mean it is pretty crazy that a league can have 7th and 8th place teams make the tourney. one beat bc in a series and one gave lowell a fight. even providence is a tough out. they play a borderline game, on the edge if you will. very physical, tough team to play against. union is obviously great but even quinnipiac doesn't appear to be quite as good as last year. hockey east is deeper but union very well may be better than any team hockey east has to offer.

Comment

i thought he was talking how the 7th and 8th place teams in hockey east are better than the 7th and 8th place teams in the ecac. i mean it is pretty crazy that a league can have 7th and 8th place teams make the tourney. one beat bc in a series and one gave lowell a fight. even providence is a tough out. they play a borderline game, on the edge if you will. very physical, tough team to play against. union is obviously great but even quinnipiac doesn't appear to be quite as good as last year. hockey east is deeper but union very well may be better than any team hockey east has to offer.
                That will happen when you lose 11 seniors off the National Runner up team. Quinnipiac's record would be much better if not for the loss of Jordan Samuels Thomas for a good stretch at the end of the season and the fact Peter Quenneville ditched them for major juniors early in the season. They have had a very good season in making the tournament after getting cleaned out of a lot of players the previous year.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

that's fair, no question about it. still a very good team.

Comment

Originally posted by balfred View Post
                    I don't read much about Quinnipiac hockey, but do they have strong fan support? Their proximity obviously helps in boosting attendance.
                    Quinnipiac played to 110% capacity this season in their arena, which seats just over 3,000 fans. They had 3,400 people in the building every night. So, they draw pretty well.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2013-2014/

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                      And Q and Union are a combined 4-0 against the two teams who played for the HE championship
                      Too bad for Q and U they aren't playing in this regional...
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        Just general ECAC bashing. HE is the best conference in college hockey. The ECAC has improved and played them very tough the last 4 years. The gap has narrowed. Jcarter is starting the drumbeating this year with idiotic statements like there is a "tremendous" difference.
                        You guys have a real issue with insecurity, or a lack of ability to read. I said there is a tremendous difference between the leagues overall, playing week in and week out against a slew of top teams is different then having 3-4 teams on the schedule that require 100% effort to come away with a win. The ECAC has some very good teams, Union and Quinny being two of them. But your 8th place team is not on the level of Notre Dame... that was the point. If you all want to take up the crybaby we get no respect stance then so be it, but don't blame that chip on your shoulder on me.

Comment

Careful, that kind of talk gets you labeled an ecac basher.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            You guys have a real issue with insecurity, or a lack of ability to read. I said there is a tremendous difference between the leagues overall, playing week in and week out against a slew of top teams is different then having 3-4 teams on the schedule that require 100% effort to come away with a win. The ECAC has some very good teams, Union and Quinny being two of them. But your 8th place team is not on the level of Notre Dame... that was the point. If you all want to take up the crybaby we get no respect stance then so be it, but don't blame that chip on your shoulder on me.
                            And the seventh place team in the ezac doesn't get in the NCAA tourney...
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Who gives a crap about your 8th place team! HE was 22-20-8 vs the ECAC. Pairwise top 20, HE had 7 and the ECAC had 5. Top 30, HE-8 and ECAC 7. That does not seem like a tremendous difference week in and week out but don't let the facts get in your way.
                              Last edited by johnk; 03-24-2014, 07:38 AM.

Comment

It's not insecurity, you are correct that the 7th and 8th place teams in Hockey East had better records than the 7th and 8th place teams in the ECAC. From 1-6, I would give any ECAC team a shot against any hockey East team. I would not call that a "tremendous difference". I also guess that the fact that the 8th place ECAC team went 3-1 against two top eight Hockey East makes your statistical reasoning a little suspect. Both leagues were a slugfest this year, and the ECAC has been catching up to the big brother over the past five years, before that there was not even a conversation. You must also remember that we have an ingrained beotch slap reaction from the attacks from the western EZAC screamers. Should be a great weekend of hockey, and I will be there in person to see it.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X