Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: East Regional- Union vs Vermont & Quinnipiac vs Providence

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    The only game in the bracket contest with a bigger spread is the Gophs over Bob (93%). Honestly, that one makes more sense. Yes, Union is a good team but UVM could pull it off.
    Yeah if this was vegas with those odds i would take UVM... also UML.. nothing against Mankato but UML is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      One more area where HE is better then the ECAC... flamefests...

So is there a Union fan out there that is going to compare this years team and last years team or is everyone going to continue to do their best Rodney Dangerfield impressions?
      So true we didnt know what a flamefest was until we switched leagues
      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Raise a banner

Having Princeton, Dartmouth, and Harvard in the division tend to skew things...And that's not even considering the explosive offenses of Quinnipiac, St. Lawrence, and to some extent Union.

Comment

Yale and Colgate (#5 and #6) were a combined 2-5-2 against HE teams with both wins coming against HE #11 Merrimack. So they were winless against the top 6. I mean I would give them a shot as well, anything can happen it sthe frequency of it happening that's suspect.
          Huh? We were 1-2 vs. HEA and did not play Merrimack. Also, don't understand the #5 and #6 reference. #5 was Clarkson. We finished 2nd.
          Colgate '12

Proud Team Manager from September 2008 through May 2012.

Comment

Nope nothing at all. I'm just here to get under people's skin.
            ill give you one thing, after Union cleans UVM's clock you wont go away and hide. You will be here to take the bashing . I like that about you

Comment

Originally posted by jhptygate View Post
              Huh? We were 1-2 vs. HEA and did not play Merrimack. Also, don't understand the #5 and #6 reference. #5 was Clarkson. We finished 2nd.
              My mistake I typed colgate instead of clarkson. SOrry for the confusion.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Having had the displeasure of watching UNH drop all four games to Union and UVM in a short time frame, I gotta say Union looked like the better team. The earlier referenced quote from Goumas is on the money. I'd also like to think if TvR hadn't missed all four games (OK, so he got about ten minutes against Union before they broke his ankle and ended his collegiate career - kidding) the outcome might have been a bit more favorable. IMO, UNH played better against Union but were fairly well smothered, even on the big ice. Make no mistake, UVM is a solid club, but Union is solidererer.

And yes, HE > EZAC. Everybody knows that.
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                  Having had the displeasure of watching UNH drop all four games to Union and UVM in a short time frame, I gotta say Union looked like the better team. The earlier referenced quote from Goumas is on the money. I'd also like to think if TvR hadn't missed all four games (OK, so he got about ten minutes against Union before they broke his ankle and ended his collegiate career - kidding) the outcome might have been a bit more favorable. IMO, UNH played better against Union but were fairly well smothered, even on the big ice. Make no mistake, UVM is a solid club, but Union is solidererer.

And yes, HE > EZAC. Everybody knows that.
                  Solidererer ? I gotta steal that one

Comment

Minor correction on TvR, he did play the entire night on friday and was injured about 10 minutes into the 1st or 2nd period sat, can't remember, he was

credited with 2 shots on net sat and 4 shots on friday. The hit was clean but unfortunate, as someone who grew up in NJ playing HS hockey in the early 60's

I cringed when a NJ guy got hurt.

Comment

Union sold out of their ticket allotment yesterday. They requested additional tickets, but are not sure whether or not that request will be granted.
                      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

So is there a Union fan out there that is going to compare this years team and last years team or is everyone going to continue to do their best Rodney Dangerfield impressions?
                        Union is a significantly different team from last season, much faster and more explosive offensively. The freshmen (Vecchione, Pontarelli, Taylor, Henry) have added to this, but a few of the returning players came back from the summer noticeably faster too. There are 5 d-men that can step up into the offense, with Bodie & Ghost being the best & most frequent to do this. This has occasionally come at the expense of gap-control and good defense, but everything came together when Stevens returned to form from an early season injury in December. U still is (or should be) physical and can be very good defensively, but they are quicker to counter-attack and have more ability to bury their chances than in past seasons. Special teams are still very good.

Growing up as a Vermonter that followed the Cats, I keep tabs on UVM and get to an odd game when back in VT, so I know that the Cats are much improved this season and have a very impressive group of freshmen of their own to go along with strong leaders in their senior class. Hoffman has been hot and UVM has literally played BC/UML almost to exclusion over the last month, so they will not be intimidated by U's high ranking. I wouldn't disagree that HE is a stronger league and that UVM has had the harder schedule, but U is battle tested from going to places like St. Cloud, UNH, etc. not to mention they have recent tournament experience that UVM does not. From UVM's perspective they have nothing to lose and this game would make their season. I'm expecting this game will be quite the battle and could be a low scoring affair. God knows what kind of reffing will occur. I would rather that both these teams met later in the tournament, but so be it..
                        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Always the sandbagger
                          I have learned much from Maine and their alternator stealing ways.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Tickets seem to be going well..According to Chip Malafronte's twitter

East Regional at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport surpassed 6,000 tickets sold as of this morning; 2,500 still available. #ncaahockey

https://***********/ChipMalafronte/s...47276501655552
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I have seen Union and Vt play...Union is better, but, who plays better Friday will win. Can easily go either way.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Tickets seem to be going well..According to Chip Malafronte's twitter

East Regional at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport surpassed 6,000 tickets sold as of this morning; 2,500 still available. #ncaahockey

https://***********/ChipMalafronte/s...47276501655552
                                Wow. I still expect the early game on Friday to be pretty empty because Providence and Quinnipiac fans will be doing pre-games and/or won't be able to make it at 2:00 on a Friday, but Saturday will hopefully be a packed house.
                                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Working...
                                X