Not Invited Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Invited Tournament

This for all of us who have been left out of the big show. I say why not when basketball does it. Teams should be those who had to win to make the NCAA but fell just short.

Re: Not Invited Tournament

No money for such a venture.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

This thread is superfluous, as we already have the perennial "Official 'My Team Got Screwed' " thread.
      Last edited by Snively65; 03-23-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        This thread is superfluous, as we already have the perennial "Official 'My Team Got Screwed' " thread.
        I wouldn't say screwed but there are some teams starting to hit their stride and now the season is over for them. I think it would be awesome for those athletes to get one more game or more experience. I agree the money isn't there which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by ac9er View Post
          I wouldn't say screwed but there are some teams starting to hit their stride and now the season is over for them. I think it would be awesome for those athletes to get one more game or more experience. I agree the money isn't there which is a shame.
          After getting knocked out early in the ECAC tournament, and missing the field for the Futile Four, this would be the third tournament in the past week that SLU failed to make. You are really depressing me.

Comment

This comes up here every once in a while, but there was a hockey NIT back in 1974. (Actually NIHT) That was when the NCAA tourney was still only four teams. It was held in Duluth and won by Duluth over UVM which wasn't even in ECAC-I back then. The other two teams were Lake State and St. Louis U. Several teams declined invites, one being RPI.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              ...Several teams declined invites, one being RPI.
              So you guys pulled an Indiana...or since you guys did it first they pulled an RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                This comes up here every once in a while, but there was a hockey NIT back in 1974. (Actually NIHT) That was when the NCAA tourney was still only four teams. It was held in Duluth and won by Duluth over UVM which wasn't even in ECAC-I back then. The other two teams were Lake State and St. Louis U. Several teams declined invites, one being RPI.
                That's awesome! Where's the banner? It's like our MIAC championships that are no longer shown in the rink.
                Originally posted by ac9er View Post
                This for all of us who have been left out of the big show. I say why not when basketball does it. Teams should be those who had to win to make the NCAA but fell just short.
                I like your name for this better than mine: The College Hockey National Invitational Tournament. UMD will win this thing as we have the toughest SOS...although I urge us to play it anywhere but Amsoil where the team was below .500.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I guess my point is that UNH turned it on during the HE tournament besides the final. Miami had a valiant effort too in NCHC just to name a couple.

Comment

I think you should call it College Hockey Invitational Tournament. CHIT.

By the way, the BottomFeedersBracket/Futile4 tournament got underway tonight.
                    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Working...
                    X