Official 2014 NCAA Hockey Regionals Syndication TV thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2014 NCAA Hockey Regionals Syndication TV thread

As usual, ESPNU will broadcast it's usual number of games for the regionals, which is 8. Unlike years past (2010 being the exception) ESPN2 has jumped into the fray and will be broadcasting 2 of the Saturday games.

This still leaves 2 games that are only broadcast on ESPN3 (online) or via local/regional syndication.

This thread is posted so we can keep track of where these games are available, in case we are at the sports bar (which generally don't show streamed games on their screens)

The following games are the ones that will be available only online via ESPN3 or via syndication: (All times Eastern)

Friday, March 28 4:30 pm Midwest region semi#1 Ferris St vs Colgate

Saturday March 29 7:30 PM Northeast region semi #2 UMass-Lowell vs Minnesota St-Mankato

Please post below with any broadcast information you have in regards to these games and I will keep this first post updated

Thanks
    Last edited by billmich88888; 03-23-2014, 11:24 AM.

Re: Official 2014 NCAA Hockey Regionals Syndication TV thread

if i read the recent uscho release there is NO syndication allowed this year. maybe i read it wrong.

Comment

any link to that article would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
        any link to that article would be greatly appreciated.
        http://www.uscho.com/2014/03/20/espn...on-eliminated/
        Notre Dame Hockey
        Reigning Big Ten Champions
        Reigning CCHA Champions
        Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

thanks for the reply, I wonder why ESPN2 doesn't do the 1 Friday game and maybe have ESPN News do the other Saturday game, unless this was done on purpose to bolster up the ESPN3 platform....

I remember reading about 6 months ago from the VP of programming at ESPN say: we don't program for TV, we program for screens, we don't care if it a TV, a tablet, or a phone....

welcome to the future I guess.

There is going to be fans of teams in those games that do not have access to ESPN3 (Directv subscribers amongst others) , and its not like you can saunter down to the local bar and find it... let the b i t c h ing begin!!!!!
          Last edited by billmich88888; 03-23-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I'll be in Florida and of course, the one game I need on ESPNU won't be.

If NESN picks it up, could that be found down there?
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              I'll be in Florida and of course, the one game I need on ESPNU won't be.

If NESN picks it up, could that be found down there?
              Really don't know. I know there's a NESN National but really unsure. Best bet is to start snooping on NESN's website.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

again, based on that link, nesn won't be allowed to pick the game up.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  Really don't know. I know there's a NESN National but really unsure. Best bet is to start snooping on NESN's website.
                  The NCAA Hockey twitter account tweeted at our beat writer that games won't be picked up on syndication, confirming the article below.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I am surprised there is not more controversy about these ESPN3 exclusive games

Comment

Link to ESPN3 with links unlocked for those two games from DU and UMass Lowell websites. At least going through my provider Verizon FIOS without having to type in my login. All the others show up as locked and I would have to login which I am able to with my package.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209445559

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...x?path=mhockey
                      Last edited by du78; 03-27-2014, 08:29 AM.
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Kudos to ESPN for utilizing ESPN news for the overflows so far

Comment

While there were no intermission reports, I do have to say the streams were of high quality and never broke up/froze up on me at all for the 2 games

Comment

Working...
                          X