Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Berenson Retirement Watch

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

Candidates: Mel Pearson, Mike Babcock, Rick Bennett. Danton Cole?
    Don't put any eggs in the Mel Pearson basket. As long as David Brandon is the AD, that's a non-starter.

Comment

I've got Red on my 2014 Dead Pool, right along with Fidel Castro and George H W Bush.

Nothing personal, just business.
      Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Don't put any eggs in the Mel Pearson basket. As long as David Brandon is the AD, that's a non-starter.
        why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          why is that?
          Mel isn't going anywhere for a couple years. Between his contract/buyout etc, and how early it is in his tenure...just not going to happen. I was talking with a few Techies this weekend (ShirtlessGuy being the most knowledgeable about the situation) and it'd take a minor miracle to get Mel to leave.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
            It was also be the same if Andy Murray goes from the NHL for Western Michigan University.
            Especially after he just won Wimbledon!!

Comment

oh, well i really meant in regard to the part about brandon as AD. i was curious about that part.

Comment

and i don't think a buyout for a guy coaching at michigan tech is any concern for a place with funds like michigan.

Comment

Funny, when I saw the thread title, I thought he had already retired, they had given him a nice gold watch, and now they were peddling replicas of the watch. But wait! Just pay shipping and handling and we'll add a second one for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Mel isn't going anywhere for a couple years. Between his contract/buyout etc, and how early it is in his tenure...just not going to happen. I was talking with a few Techies this weekend (ShirtlessGuy being the most knowledgeable about the situation) and it'd take a minor miracle to get Mel to leave.
                    Early? He's got 3 of 5 years behind him. And if UM really wants him, that buyout won't make anyone in Ann Arbor bat an eyelash. As for Tech. I wouldn't be surprised if UM were just as interested in Billy Muckalt.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 03-23-2014, 09:02 PM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Early? He's got 3 of 5 years behind him. And if UM really wants him, that buyout won't make anyone in Ann Arbor bat an eyelash.
                      Early being a relative term. I'd guess that if MTU could've gotten him for longer on an initial contract, they would've.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Early being a relative term. I'd guess that if MTU could've gotten him for longer on an initial contract, they would've.
                        From what I know of Mel's deal, it seems to be pretty good for both sides and has Tech pretty well protected financially should he opt out early. Give MTU a ton of credit for the hire and for the agreement.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          From what I know of Mel's deal, it seems to be pretty good for both sides and has Tech pretty well protected financially should he opt out early. Give MTU a ton of credit for the hire and for the agreement.
                          Knowing the specifics, indeed.

Comment

Knowing the specifics, indeed.
                            I can also say that if any talks were to arise between Mel & UM, it would certainly be all above board. Mel has as much integrity as any coach in the game.

Comment

Mel is indeed a stand up guy.

Comment

End of Thread?.... http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...t-another-year
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X