MSU Spartans' When Can We Start This Thread In April? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    I'll also be interested to see if anything comes out this summer regarding Munn's long-rumored renovation. From a facilities standpoint, the program is approaching critical mass. Munn is still a fine arena and my favorite place on this earth, but, when compared to other facilities, it's the worst facility in the league. If MSU wants to compete in the B1G, there needs to be some investment from the administration. The MSU AD can't run this program like it's in the CCHA anymore - absolutely everything has changed.
    Hope it all gets done.

Comment

Re: MSU Spartans' When Can We Start This Thread In April? Thread

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
      I have a friend who's son has a LOI with Michigan State, I believe starting 2015-16. There's a few guys coming from Honeybaked Ham who look really impressive. They're headed to billets in the USHL this fall; but if I was a Spartan fan, I would be very comfortable about the future!
      It does look promising. Those USHL billets resulted from several very high USHL draft picks, including some pre-draft tenders.

NHL Mock Draft - according to draftsite.com:
      D Joshua Jacobs - #48 (2nd round)
      G Edwin Minney - #62 (3rd round)
      F Marcel Godbout - #133 (5th round)

We'll see what happens on June 28.

Comment

2014-15 schedule:
        http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...key-sched.html
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

So our schedule includes:
          4 games against the 2nd ranked team at the end of last season
          1 game against the 3rd and 5th ranked teams
          3 games against the 6th ranked team
          4 games against the 7th ranked team

Anastos is going to have to produce good results with a tough schedule to keep his job. Unless Hollis just gave up on hockey entirely.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

That's pretty rank.

Comment

Article on the Munn renovations.

If you want a fun blast to the past, go to picture 9 on the slideshow. The almost lime green center ice scoreboard that I believe saw it's last action in the Cold War game.

Hall of History has the prospect of being very cool.
              Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 07-03-2014, 09:55 AM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I'm kind of partial to photo #5.

Comment

Well, look at this. The "front door" project is on the Spartan Fund website.

IMO, the project list is right - new offices, better locker rooms, chairback seating, recruiting room, new video and ribbon boards, exc. Still no practice rink, but that's a pretty pie-in-the-sky thing.

Also, for a cool $10 million, they'll name the building after 'ya.
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Once I make my millions I'll donate with the stipulation they return the lime green scoreboard over center ice. I'll possibly allow a variation to include the new dark green.

Should be a cool project though. I don't really know if Munn needs ribbon boards, it just seems too small for them. But I guess they can do out-of-town scores and live stats with them, as well as rake in advertising money.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working on the bake sale as we speak.

Comment

I have returned once again. Somehow my posting privileges stopped. Like I had to renew my password or something, I don't know. I just gave up instead. But now I slightly altered my name and here we gooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          I have returned once again. Somehow my posting privileges stopped. Like I had to renew my password or something, I don't know. I just gave up instead. But now I slightly altered my name and here we gooooooo!
                          Welcome back. Now can you help us get some '98's into the program?

Comment

So, Chicago.

I can't imagine it'll be a well-attended event this year, but I'm not going to complain beyond that. We're not losing a home game, and, at the very least, it's exposure.

The JLA game isn't officially scheduled, but there isn't a Red Wings home game nor anything else scheduled at JLA on Jan. 30, and it's listed as "TBA" on MSU's website. So, assuming two-and-two equals four, JLA game on the 30th this season?
                            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I'm pretty over the outdoor game fad.

The Cold War was incredible because it was looked at as revolutionary since it hadn't been done in a major stadium in many years. Now only that but I think it was #1 vs #4.
                              The Big Chill wasn't all too exciting, but it set the record which we figured Michigan would do at some point.

But Comerica, Hockey City, the games at TCF and Camp Randall... Even Minnesota didn't sell out their outdoor game, unless they removed seating for that.

But the players seem excited, and the bad ice conditions played to our favor last year so it's not all bad.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

****ing slaughter, what does it matter. This program is dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X