Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Nice win Colgate. Congrats on your tournament berth. Nice to get 3 ECAC teams into the tourney.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Nice win that I witnessed in person. QPAC actually got worn down by Colgate in the first OT, surprising too see.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Congrats 'Gate. Hard fought game both ways. Good luck against Union tomorrow. Either team is worthy of the ECAC Championship.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

My feet hurt, and my throat is sore. But was it worth it? Totally....

For now, I am happy:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GLuydiMe4

Do you believe in miracles???
          YES!!!!!!!
          Colgate '09

Comment

Congrats y'all! Everybody knows the real March Madness starts next weekend. Or did it start this weekend?

Comment

What a beautiful morning. Hope tonight we get to party like it's 1990.
              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Congrats Colgate !!
                Let's go Union !
                ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Less than a minute away from the off-season and now at least two more games, what a turn of events

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                    Miracle on Ice!
                    GO COLGATE!!!!!
                    I like this! As exciting a game as you can hope for (over the radio....video that was mentioned never worked for me

Props to Gate Radio for putting everything into this broadcast. He really made the game come alive in my LR. He has done an excellent job all year for we folks who can't always make it to the games.

Also props to Charlie Finn (again) for an incredible game...in fact the whole team, to come back in the last 54 seconds of regulation and take it in OT. There will be tired legs tonight, but we can do it!
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Who else besides me will be at the game tonight? I'll be wearing a white "C-gate" jersey with a Boston Red Sox cap. There's a pre-game reception at 5:30 in one of the conference rooms adjacent to the rink.

I looked at our RPI and PWR right now, and only ONE of 5 teams immediately below us (North Dakota) is playing today. Even if we lose and NoDak wins, they can't pass us, meaning we won't go lower than 12th in the RPI/PWR. Make your plans for next weekend, we WILL be playing!!!
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Nice win that I witnessed in person. QPAC actually got worn down by Colgate in the first OT, surprising too see.
                        When it went to OT, I knew Colgate would get it. For some reason Q really only played 3 lines all night and I think overplayed the Anas line. Colgate rolled 4 lines with a few exceptions and they had much better legs and energy as the game went on. I can't fathom Q-Pac only using 3 lines when it seems like the have 150 recruits every year. Aside from that, Tolkinen was minus 3 and not very good. Peca was good but he was also minus 3. Consequently, I'd put part of that loss on the coach. One thing I don't agree with is that Colgate was outplayed. They had more shots, they got better as the game went on, they have less than half the PP time as Q-Pac. They did make some youthful mistakes by giving up some homerun passes and breakaways, but even strength there were only about 2 shifts all game where I remember Colgate getting bottled up. Overall, I'd say it was a very even game but I liked Colgate's jump in the OT's.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Tonight's game is on America One. ECAC learned their lesson.
                          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                            Tonight's game is on America One. ECAC learned their lesson.
                            It was supposed to be last night too, but something obviously went wrong as it didn't work. Hope they figured it out in time for tonight's game.
                            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                              It was supposed to be last night too, but something obviously went wrong as it didn't work. Hope they figured it out in time for tonight's game.
                              Yeah....I'm one steamed fan The ECAC ought to wake up and smell the coffee! How could they bungle the Final Four tourney?? Completely unsat. AmericaOne better have better cameramen than they produced last weekend. J. McGraw has been the only good thing so far.
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

No it wasn't. Colgate hockey twitter feed said Fox had exclusive rights. It wasn't even announced on America One prior to the games.
                                Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

Comment

Working...
                                X