Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

I am happy that the school finally came out and told the community where the new building stands. I just wonder how they could ask for 25 million with such limited plans, as it was my understanding that once they got the 25 mil they would be close to construction. But to everyone else's point I'll just expect more out of the building as the process moves on properly.

As far as next season I just hope Vaughn can get the team going, our teams have not performed well with expectations. He has had high praise for this group so there is hope things may be different. It will be an exciting season with either BU or Northeastern coming into Starr. To be honest I'll be a little more excited about the team playing in Matthews arena than the home game (might have toads a trek out to Boston to see it).

Comment

Save your trip to Boston for the Frozen Four
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Save your trip to Boston for the Frozen Four
        Bruins lookin' good shabby. I like these Original 6 match-ups
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          Bruins lookin' good shabby. I like these Original 6 match-ups
          Yes, they do, Habs to me are the series I look forward to.

Comment

According to the gate twitter account we will know who our incoming freahmen are next year in a matter of hours

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
              According to the gate twitter account we will know who our incoming freahmen are next year in a matter of hours

We already know, go to CHN .com.

Comment

The five players announced today as being part of the Class of 2018 were the five shown on the Heisenberg list as coming for 2014-2015. No surprises. There are a few additional players also on the Heisenberg list for those interested in recruiting for future seasons. As has been mentioned before, the two young men with the same last name are not related.

Comment

Coach says a lot of competition next year for the forwards and some guys that played this year may not see as much ice time. He's really high on the three new forwards.

Comment

As mentioned earlier by shabby, Weberg looks to have a lot of upside. I'm betting he could shoulder 1 or 2 of this year's forwards aside.

Bruins

Comment

We have added Northeastern at home October 17 and 18. No news on the design phase of the new rink ?? Looks like the soccer field will be ready for fall, get the new rink started !

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        We have added Northeastern at home October 17 and 18. No news on the design phase of the new rink ?? Looks like the soccer field will be ready for fall, get the new rink started !
                        Cornell in back-to-back games Jan 30-31. Not sure I like this. Was kind of getting used to those games being split up. Also, if we drop the first game, it gives added incentive and anticipation for the second game later in the season. N'eastern is a good get and Providence away is a positive. Not overly excited about the tourney in Pittsburgh. Looks like we face the defending national champs late in the sched.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                          Cornell in back-to-back games Jan 30-31. Not sure I like this. Was kind of getting used to those games being split up. Also, if we drop the first game, it gives added incentive and anticipation for the second game later in the season. N'eastern is a good get and Providence away is a positive. Not overly excited about the tourney in Pittsburgh. Looks like we face the defending national champs late in the sched.
                          #SMH at Pittsburgh tournament comments.

The tournament is being played at an NHL building; Colgate does not normally have an opportunity to do this (last NHL rink played in - Prudential Center, 2010-2011). Colgate has the possibility of playing both Western Michigan (NCHC) and Penn State (Big Ten). While Robert Morris is not a big name opponent like the other two, the Colonials are coming off an NCAA tournament appearance and have a terrific goal scorer in Cody Wydo. What's not to like? The reality of the situation is that there are only so many holiday tournaments to go around and Colgate has pretty much played at all of them recently. This is a fine tournament and should be a very good test after 2.5 weeks off for finals and the holidays.
                          Last edited by 'Gate Radio; 05-28-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

New schedule is out.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                              #SMH at Pittsburgh tournament comments.

The tournament is being played at an NHL building; Colgate does not normally have an opportunity to do this (last NHL rink played in - Prudential Center, 2010-2011). Colgate has the possibility of playing both Western Michigan (NCHC) and Penn State (Big Ten). While Robert Morris is not a big name opponent like the other two, the Colonials are coming off an NCAA tournament appearance and have a terrific goal scorer in Cody Wydo. What's not to like? The reality of the situation is that there are only so many holiday tournaments to go around and Colgate has pretty much played at all of them recently. This is a fine tournament and should be a very good test after 2.5 weeks off for finals and the holidays.
                              GR, I know, I know....I apologize for my comments. These are worthy opponents and good teams. PSU and Bob Morris just don't have the long history of hockey, and that got to me. Was just hoping we'd be in a tourney with Michigan, Minnesota & Union...LOL.

Kind of worries me that we have almost 3 weeks off between the Providence game and the tourney. The scenario is similar to two years ago when we went into our slide after the holidays. Hopefully with this team that won't happen.

Good to see BU on the sched. Even though they had a bad season last year, I expect they will be much improved...and we get to go to Beantown

Comment

We have a much easier first half than last year, instead of being 7-9 at the break our record should be great. The thing I don't like is no home games for TWO months from November till late January.

Comment

Working...
                                X