Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Don't like to see us playing so many AHA teams. Our PWR was what it was this season due to the tough OOC schedule.
    We played 4 games against Atlantic Hockey in 2012-13, and 2 of them were against Sacred Heart, and they were winless when we played them! However, because we had a winning OOC record, we were 17th in the PWR going into the first week of February. But then we lost 9 of 10, ending our season. Bottom line is, if we can have a winning OOC record next season (and a perfect 4-0 record against Sacred Heart and Mercyhurst would definitely help here), our PWR should be fine. Heck, had we won 1 game against UMass this past season, we would have been a few spots higher in the PWR, and they finished 10th out of 11 teams in Hockey East!

I look forward to visiting Agganis Arena next season. I'm guessing we'll visit Matthews Arena in 2015-16, and perhaps BU will travel to Starr the new rink in 2016-17.
    Colgate '09

Comment

Anyone watching last night's two games has to realize that every last second needs to be played with full concentration to have a chance to win. Particularly the last .6 seconds.

Heartbreaking loss for NoDak. Both teams played a fast, exciting brand of hockey with the Sioux holding off the Gophers defensively most of the game. It was back and forth with breakaways for both teams. A lot of fun to watch.

As for Union, I thought they had the better of the play overall, and while BC had its moments Union is just so stacked and deep, with skills on all lines. Should be a great final Saturday nite, but I see the Dutchmen taking the title. They stand taller than the other three teams IMHO. Good news for the ECAC with two titles in a row. (...and we have to play these guys twice or more next season...Yikes!)
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

There's one team that has a "W" on both national finalist's record this year......(well one was a shootout W). I wonder who that team was...

Comment

I have encountered a lot of colgate talk here in philly. It is good to see people care or at least keeping up on gate hockey throughout the country.

Comment

We will be even better next year, sophs another year older, I think the little Swede Weberg is going to be a good one. Sweden U17 and U18 teams, from the USHL.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Ferlin leaving Cornell is good for us, and going to MY Bruins !

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Ferlin leaving Cornell is good for us, and going to MY Bruins !
                Double hit for me since he leaves Cornell and I hate the Bruins. But seriously I think he can make a contribution to the big club. He's a prototype NHL third liner with size, strength, skill, finesse. He's an A minus in all of them. He's pretty smart, too. We will miss him.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                  There's one team that has a "W" on both national finalist's record this year......(well one was a shootout W). I wonder who that team was...
                  Yepper!

Comment

For the second year in a row, we defeated the eventual national champions in the regular season. And for the 2nd year in a row, we also held our own against the national runners-up. If U can do it, anyone can!

This will be my last post until next season. Have a great spring and summer, everyone!
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Don't mean to be negative about Union's win, but have to wonder about the announcers saying a lot of the players were 23-24 yrs old on the Dutch team? How does Union get to recruit older guys and we can't? Or can we? Not trying to cause a fight but how did such older, more experienced players get on the ice with younger teams....even Minny was young.

Oh well, it's over now. The formal end of another season. Only 5-6 months until we reload. Am looking forward to next year and hope we can jump up one more place in the ECAC standings and repeat another NCAA appearance. Have a good summer everyone. Time to get out the golf clubs!

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                        Don't mean to be negative about Union's win, but have to wonder about the announcers saying a lot of the players were 23-24 yrs old on the Dutch team? How does Union get to recruit older guys and we can't? Or can we? Not trying to cause a fight but how did such older, more experienced players get on the ice with younger teams....even Minny was young.

Oh well, it's over now. The formal end of another season. Only 5-6 months until we reload. Am looking forward to next year and hope we can jump up one more place in the ECAC standings and repeat another NCAA appearance. Have a good summer everyone. Time to get out the golf clubs!
                        Anyone can recruit older players. Its basically getting them committed early and if they are slow developers and let them sit in junior hockey for 3-4 years until they are 20-21 or capitalizing on late bloomers at that are playing at a high level at 20-21 years old. That's basically what it comes down to.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

According to this at least, we recruit in the same age bracket as Union:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/alm...cts-ageavg.php

Comment

SB Nation picks us as the #4 team out of fifteen to battle for the national championship next year. Also says we're the #1 pick in the ECAC. This is on the Union thread but I can't paste it over here.

Our AD in her newsletter says the rink is scheduled to open for the 2016-17 season, they have had about six meetings with Sasaki Architects planning the rink and parking lots.

Comment

SBNCollegehockey.com

Comment

Looks like there will be no flying "under the radar" next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X