Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Wondering about our non conference schedule for next year, any help ?

Start the new rink ffs, I want it for our sophomores senior season.
    According to the New Haven Register Colgate will play two games @ Sacred Heart. These games are currently scheduled to be played @ the Milford Ice Pavilion which has to be the biggest dump used in D1 and makes Starr look like an NHL arena. Hopefully they'll be moved to Webster Bank Arena which has hosted Sacred Heart games in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe McGrath View Post
      According to the New Haven Register Colgate will play two games @ Sacred Heart. These games are currently scheduled to be played @ the Milford Ice Pavilion which has to be the biggest dump used in D1 and makes Starr look like an NHL arena. Hopefully they'll be moved to Webster Bank Arena which has hosted Sacred Heart games in the past.
      A team like Colgate should never agree to travel on the road to play Sacred Heart especially at the Milford Ice Pavilion.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
        The rink is still in the design phase. As has been discussed previously on this board, it will likely be ready to go by the 2016-17 season.
        Yes, we all know that much.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          A team like Colgate should never agree to travel on the road to play Sacred Heart especially at the Milford Ice Pavilion.
          I agree, it's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I agree, it's ridiculous.
            Except for the fact that this type of philosophy is why we never see Minnesota, Michigan, etc in Starr Rink. Although it is a downer of a series, someone has to play them and someone has to travel there.

And if we make the trip, we can ask (with a straight face) why the bigger schools don't come here. I just hope it isn't right after the holiday break.

Comment

Keep in mind that Sacred Heart has traveled three times to Colgate in the last 7-8 years, most recently in 2012-13 for a two-game series at Starr. It's very likely that this is simply part of an agreement that was arranged a while ago that Sacred Heart would play X number of games at Colgate and vice versa. One would suspect that at least one of these games could be moved into the AHL building though that will depend on the schedule of the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers which won't be released until the summer.

And going to Sacred Heart is not beneath anyone, sheesh (Not directed at one poster, just saying). In the last 5-6 years, teams that have played at least one game at Sacred Heart include RPI, Princeton, Penn State, Clarkson and St. Lawrence.

Comment

Let's remember that we got spoiled this year with our schedule. There was no way to know that all the teams were going to be good games at the beginning of the year. So as much as you'd prefer seasons like this past one (as far as the schedule goes) it isn't going to happen

Comment

But we knew that we only had 1 Atlantic Hockey opponent before the season started. Given how that conference requires its schools to limit its scholarships, its teams are never competitive. Playing 2 at Sacred Heart is not the news I wanted to hear, but I'm guessing it's reciprocal for their trip to Hamilton in 2012-13. Speaking of that season, we started it with a home game against Niagara (where we scored 10 goals). So we probably still owe them a home game.

This means we potentially have 3 of 12 games against Atlantic Hockey for next season, with 6 non-conference dates still TBD. My guess is that we'll know more about our OOC schedule when it's "tentatively" released at the end-of-season banquet.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

I believe I saw somewhere that Colgate is in the Three Rivers Classic with Robert Morris, Penn State and Western Michigan so that would account for 2 more OOC games. Also I seem to remember Coach Vaughn saying that they would be headed to Vermont as the return for the Catamounts trip to Hamilton this past season.
                    Last edited by Joe McGrath; 04-02-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe McGrath View Post
                      I believe I saw somewhere that Colgate is in the Three Rivers Classic with Robert Morris, Penn State and Western Michigan so that would account for 2 more OOC games. Also I seem to remember Coach Vaughn saying that they would be headed to Vermont as the return for the Catamounts trip to Hamilton this past season.
                      The Vermont game at Starr Rink this season was the back end of a home-and-home between the two schools that was supposed to take place in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. Colgate traveled to play Vermont on Thanksgiving Weekend in 2011-2012. UVM was supposed to reciprocate and play at Colgate in 2012-13 in mid-January. However, when the Hockey East block schedule for 2012-13 came out, UVM was scheduled for a league series that weekend and the game between Colgate and UVM was pushed back until this year.

Non-conference that has been announced so far for next year includes two at Saint Cloud State to start the season, two at Sacred Heart and then the Three Rivers Classic with Robert Morris, Penn State and Western Michigan.

Comment

Thanks, good info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                          The rink is still in the design phase. As has been discussed previously on this board, it will likely be ready to go by the 2016-17 season.
                          Geez...this thing has been in the design phase for eons it seems. Can't they just borrow the blueprints for QU's TD Bank rink and go with it? It's the gold standard. Like Shabby, I'm counting on the Cornwall Line + Kyle Baun to open Slater Arena their senior years, if not before.
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Weren't we talking with the architects that designed Aggannis at some point ? Gawwdd, let's stall another 2-3 years hope I'm still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              Geez...this thing has been in the design phase for eons it seems. Can't they just borrow the blueprints for QU's TD Bank rink and go with it? It's the gold standard. Like Shabby, I'm counting on the Cornwall Line + Kyle Baun to open Slater Arena their senior years, if not before.
                              The design phase began last October. It probably won't be ready for the senior yrs of the Spink twins, Baun, Borkowski etc. However, it should be ready for Charlie Finn's senior yr. Better to be done right than done fast.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Weren't we talking with the architects that designed Aggannis at some point ? Gawwdd, let's stall another 2-3 years hope I'm still alive.
                                Cannon Design? If you search for their website, you'll find their list of projects, and "Colgate University hockey feasibility study" is still on there.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X