Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Congratulations to Colgate on a great season and representing the ECAC well in the tournament.
    Clarkson Golden Knights Men
    10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
    5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
    21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
    ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
    ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
    7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
    National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Overall a wonderful season, and exceeded expectations. Even the final game was played with a kind of play that could have gone all the way. The play was fairly clean, and overall good hockey. I dont think even GC could really complain about the effort and type of play this team came out with tonight. Who knows, if that goal for Ferris doesnt go in, we could still be playing. I thought we carried the play for most of the game including much of the first and the entire third.

Next year looks bright for this team, but it means that the team will have to play well from the beginning as well. It has to be said, we dont play well with expectations, so I hope they can change history next year.

The biggest issue I have is that it is another 6 months before we can evaluate the progress this team has made this year. I was looking forward to at least one more game with an outside chance of the team making Philly. I dont know if any of this is true, but on the 2014-15 schedule thread, Colgate's OC schedule looks very weak if this is actually what it is. Sacred Heart AND Mercyhurst? but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Well it is off to the off season, hopefully we will find out news about the new rink and any progress that is being made.

Comment

Congratulations to Colgate on a great season and representing the ECAC in everyone one of its out of conference games. You will be back
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
          I dont know if any of this is true, but on the 2014-15 schedule thread, Colgate's OC schedule looks very weak if this is actually what it is. Sacred Heart AND Mercyhurst? but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Well it is off to the off season, hopefully we will find out news about the new rink and any progress that is being made.
          As far as I know, the only non-conference games that are set for next season are two games at St. Cloud (possibly to begin the season on Oct. 10-11?), and two games in the Three Rivers Classic (other participating schools are Robert Morris, Penn St, and Western Michigan). Eight more games are still in question. But I would prefer to see more Hockey East teams than Atlantic Hockey teams. This past season we had only 1 Atlantic Hockey opponent, and personally I believe that is what contributed to not only our strength of schedule, but our outstanding season, and ultimately our NCAA at-large bid. Whereas in 2009-10, we played 8 of 12 OOC games against Atlantic Hockey, and in 2010-11, 7 of our 12 OOC games were against Atlantic Hockey teams. We weren't playing against tough competition, and it ultimately hurt us, getting swept by St. Lawrence in 2010 and having a 3-22-2 record in early February 2011.

Keep in mind that Hockey East, with 12 teams, plays 22 league games just like us, and therefore each team has 12 non-conference games, though recently the HE teams have been playing each other to fill their schedules. But with BU in the Patriot League now, I'm hoping this opens the door for some hockey games against the Terriers.

As far as the new rink goes, they are still in the design phase. I'd rather it be done right than done fast, but hopefully groundbreaking will take place this spring/summer. Plus they'll need a place for the soccer teams to play their home games during construction, since the rink will be built where Van Doren field currently resides.

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Congratulations to Colgate on a great season and representing the ECAC in everyone one of its out of conference games. You will be back
          Thanks. I'll be watching your game against Providence this afternoon.
          Colgate '09

Comment

Kind of depressed today, six months of Gate hockey ends. All in all, a wonderful season and everything is good. We showed we can skate with anybody, beating many ranked teams. Same team back next year, four more forwards so far, and two goalies. We will be even stronger, the future is SO bright.

Also, thank you posters here, and our friends from SLU and Union and Q-Pac and anyone I missed. I will be rooting hard for U this afternoon, win it all !!
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Kind of depressed today, six months of Gate hockey ends. All in all, a wonderful season and everything is good. We showed we can skate with anybody, beating many ranked teams. Same team back next year, four more forwards so far, and two goalies. We will be even stronger, the future is SO bright.

Also, thank you posters here, and our friends from SLU and Union and Q-Pac and anyone I missed. I will be rooting hard for U this afternoon, win it all !!
              Things are looking up for Colgate. This is only the beginning of what should be a pretty nice run for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                Things are looking up for Colgate. This is only the beginning of what should be a pretty nice run for you guys.
                I agree, just wish we didnt have to wait a year to see it again

Comment

Like Shabby, kind of blue today. Suffering withdrawal symptoms -- no weekend 'Gate games to look forward to...empty feeling. Our season begins and ends with losses to Ferris..weird. I stayed up last night to watch the game on TV after listening to Gate Radio earlier. I thought the effort was there, just couldn't get the bounces, maybe pressing a little. After Tylor's point blank shot was saved by Motte 90 seconds in, I had to believe their goalie was sharp, on his game and it was going to be difficult.

Tough loss but this team is resilient and will come back strong next year. I agree with posters that we are better off being challenged than playing a weaker schedule. Want some wins against good teams to get our PWR up there, like we did this season. Playing more western and HE teams would be nice. This team has shown it can match up with anyone, and needs that competition to thrive.

Kudos to seniors Mike McCann and Eric M. for hanging in there and providing some good play and leadership for the younger guys this year. Best of luck going forward, hockey-wise and otherwise. Finally, much appreciation for the work DV and the coaches did with a young team. The COTY Award was well deserved for DV. Hopefully the sky's the limit as far as 'Gate hockey is concerned, especially with the new rink and the skill players we seem to be recruiting.
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    Kind of depressed today, six months of Gate hockey ends. All in all, a wonderful season and everything is good.
                    I share your pain Steve. But looking at the big picture, and the future, helps keep me from jumping off the cliff.

Best of luck in 2014-15. It'll be here before any of us realize.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Congrats to Colgate. Your team definitely kept my blood pressure up yesterday. I was really impressed by your goaltending as well, from where I was sitting in the rink I got to see some pretty awesome saves.

Looking forward to seeing where you guys go next year!

Comment

Great season Gate', I'm sure you guys will be tough again next year.

Comment

Watching FSU vs. NoDak...still great to see the name COLGATE on the boards! It's been too long!
                          Commentators still talking about yesterday's impressive game...we gave them a darn good fight.
                          This thread began in the postseason and will end the same way next year :-)
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post

As far as the new rink goes, they are still in the design phase. I'd rather it be done right than done fast, but hopefully groundbreaking will take place this spring/summer. Plus they'll need a place for the soccer teams to play their home games during construction, since the rink will be built where Van Doren field currently resides.

It is VERY early days in the construction, but the soccer field will go between Tyler's Field, and Andy Kerr, they've got some areas around there closed off.

Incidentally, the team did come to Andy Kerr to watch the end of the lacrosse game this afternoon, nothing was announced at the game, but the guys did seem to be in a good enough mood, and seemed to be willing to talk to people who talked to them. They've got nothing to hand their heads about for this year, it was a great ride.

Comment

Wondering about our non conference schedule for next year, any help ?

Start the new rink ffs, I want it for our sophomores senior season.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Wondering about our non conference schedule for next year, any help ?

Start the new rink ffs, I want it for our sophomores senior season.
                                The rink is still in the design phase. As has been discussed previously on this board, it will likely be ready to go by the 2016-17 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X