X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    End of 1
    1-0 bad guys
    We're hanging in there but this feels a lot like the Union game.
    Too bad we can't stay out of the box or score with the extra man like I suggested ;-)
    Keep fighting Colgate!
    Missed the first period, did they review that goal? Watching the replays, it looks like a pretty obvious high stick to me.

Comment

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Can't call it the Union game because we still haven't scored.
      Only 1 quality chance in that period for 'Gate, just can't seem to control the puck and mount any pressure. Slight advantage in faceoffs but we turn it over immediately to negate it. We can't seem to stay disciplined which is unfortunate. Have held FSU scoreless 5x5 but they have had better control and bounces the entire game IMHO.
      Come out in the 3rd on fire, Colgate!!!
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

You're within striking distance and that's all that matters. Good luck in the third.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A disappointing end to an otherwise fantastic season. Optimistic about next year. As always, go 'gate!

Comment

Congrats, Colgate! Thanks for the tremendous season!
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Nice game, gentlemen.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

An outstanding game by this young, inspired Colgate team!! I am one very proud fan and I congratulate them, one and all, for their effort and determination all season! Hold your heads up VERY high, boys!!!! You carried Colgate's torch with pride.

Comment

We played a very good game. Really proud of their effort. Awesome game, so close. What a season!!!! So much fun for this Raider fan. So proud of my Colgate!!!!!!! Wish the season wasn't over. Too much fun for it to end.

Wish I could have made it to more games, but got to see the ones I missed on Patriot League Network while listening on John McGraw on gate radio. Gonna miss those Fri/Sat nights. Thanks to Gate radio.......so much fun listening to you every weekend.

Thanks to Eric and Mike. Great season Mike, saving the best for last. Eric.....thanks for the past 4 years......you have given so much to this team....and we will keep seeing your influence in Finn's next 3 years. Best of luck to the both of you. True student-athletes.....why we are proud to be Colgate alums.

Congrats to Coach Vaughan on his year and award. Thanks Coach!
                  Can't wait for next year!!!
                  Gooooooooooooooooo 'gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It is kind of weird, I am very disappointed as colgate will not be joining me in Philadelphia but I was never expecting them to.

I am looking forward to next year with cautious optimism. But it is so far away and we are so close this year. In any event great season gate

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                      I am looking forward to next year with cautious optimism.
                      They look like the pre-season favorite to me. U and Q are decimated by graduation, if not defections, and Cornell has about 100 minutes of D1 net time returning.

Great season for the Red Raiders. Congratulations on turning that program around!
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Watched the game on my iPad. Video feed was great. It was in HD and had both a play-by-play guy and color commentator. Even though it wasn't on TV, the broadcast was just like one you would see on any of the ESPN networks.

The one and only goal was another fluke goal. Finn makes a save, then the puck floats in the air and a Ferris player swings his stick like a baseball bat, and "hits" the puck into the net, baseball style. Looked like a high stick but apparently the refs didn't think so (they did review the goal). Colgate played a full 60 minutes and never gave up. Unfortunately, the Ferris goalie stole one from us. Tough way to end the season but remember, this was a young team that I thought was going to be a middle-of-the-pack team in the ECAC. Instead, they finished 2nd, made it to the ECAC Championship Game for the first time since 1990, and also made it to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2005. It'll be tough the next couple of weekends not having a Colgate hockey game to watch, but I'm still proud of this team. The future looks bright.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        They look like the pre-season favorite to me. U and Q are decimated by graduation, if not defections, and Cornell has about 100 minutes of D1 net time returning.

Great season for the Red Raiders. Congratulations on turning that program around!
                        With only 2 seniors on this year's team, we will be a prohibitive favorite, and I'm already hoping the coaches and media pick Union or Quinnipiac 1st. Why? We were picked to finish 1st in 2006. We then proceeded to finish 8th. In 2010, we were picked to finish 4th. We proceeded to finish last (although we redeemed ourselves with that playoff run). Generally, Colgate does well when expectations are low, but we'll just have to wait and see.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Colgate doesn't buy into preseason prognostications
                          Congrats to a great FSU team. We played a very respectable game and only gave up 1 pp goal, so impressive. We wouldn't have made it this far without wins over FSU and Union this season; unfortunately they won the final battles.
                          Time to break ground on our new arena and begin a new championship era of Colgate hockey!

Go 'Gate!!!
                          YOUR ALUMNI AND FANS THANK YOU!!!
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Nothing to hang your heads about after that season. I hoped for and thought you guys deserved a better outcome from that game. You guys represented yourselves very well and thought Vaughner had you guys well prepared. Best thing for you guys is I don't really see any defections. You should be right back there next year. Congrats on the year and thanks for representing the league in the dance.
                            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                              Nothing to hang your heads about after that season. I hoped for and thought you guys deserved a better outcome from that game. You guys represented yourselves very well and thought Vaughner had you guys well prepared. Best thing for you guys is I don't really see any defections. You should be right back there next year. Congrats on the year and thanks for representing the league in the dance.

Thanx got6 . Still processing the game. Not ready to have the curtain come down on a truly outstanding season. There is much to be chewed on before we get out the golf clubs. More to come......
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Adding my thoughts to others here- congrats to Raiders on an outstanding late season run. Didn't see game today, but saw them on L Placid. Donnie's squad will be a handful next fall. Well done!
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X