Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

ColSkate - if your Internet provider is one of the following in this list, you can watch the game online through watchespn.com:
    http://espn.go.com/watchespn/affList
    Colgate '09

Comment

We're up to #12 in both polls. Not that they matter anymore. Or ever.
      Colgate '12

Proud Team Manager from September 2008 through May 2012.

Comment

I share shabby's frustration - just isn't the same online when the rest of the teams have more national exposure on television. The HDMI cable is a great idea, thx.

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        I wanted to comment on what a class act your coach is. He is gracious and the epitome of sportsmanship. Even though he had to be hurting after the final, he went out of his way to compliment his opponent. I have met him briefly at a Frozen Four and he had time to say hello and chat for a few minutes with this Union fan. He is the dean of ECAC coaches for good reason and a credit to his program and college. Good luck this weekend.
        Couldn't agree more Wholin1, thx - though I would have put Joe Marsh in that category, too. Vaughan sent my class hockey programs, caps, an official Colgate jersey, and hockey pucks. I nearly cried! Vaughan also has a way of resurrecting the program just when you think the ceiling is about to cave in ;-)

This has been just a tremendous season. I am thrilled for the players to experience what they have - the venues of Minnesota and Lake Placid, among others. Colgate made a proud yet unexpected appearance in historic Lake Placid where the ECAC tournament belongs - and where we did, too.

Will not forget the triumphant win over Q anytime soon; it left me speechless! Sounded like a great fan base up there in LP. Here's hoping our winning ways continue on Friday. I think I heard the pep band on tv...thank you for the great moral support on the road and at home this season.

Go 'Gate!
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

You know how we solve the "national exposure problem" is to win on Friday. Our game will also be on tape delay so we will get on TV as well. Anyone that cares will already have seen or heard the game and anyone who doesn't won't know the difference.

The selection show didnt do us any favors, as we were barely mentioned, but hey, use it as a chip and play even better
          Last edited by red133883; 03-24-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
            ColSkate - if your Internet provider is one of the following in this list, you can watch the game online through watchespn.com:
            http://espn.go.com/watchespn/affList
            Thanks for the tip Rainman. I don't see my ISP listed (Hughes.net).

Also thanks Rain for the summary of your weekend in LP posted earlier. Enjoyed reading your impressions of the games and the atmosphere up there. Haven't seen attendance figures yet; I presume they were better than in AC. I heard the pep band on the Friday radio broadcast and at the Sat game on the computer. Glad to see they supported the team so well.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Anyone going on Friday? I wish I could but it's a matter of distance.
              Colgate '12

Proud Team Manager from September 2008 through May 2012.

Comment

Says over 600 miles to Cinn. and 10 plus hours by car, pretty sure you can fly cheaper. Last weekend took too much out of me, I'm still recharging. It was so emotional (Friday night) My friend CU13 hugged me after the game and said "Shab...I'm too old for this, I can't do it anymore".

It reminded me so much of the game vs Harvard in Albany when Mormina tied the game with about two minutes left, Harvard scored thirty seconds later, and Mormina tied it again with seconds left to send it into OT. Kevin Du won it for Harvard in the second OT, only this time we wonnnn!!

Dam, I'm getting the itch to go to Cinn.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

You know the best part of those Harvard and QU games, we made the NCAA each time
                  Last edited by red133883; 03-25-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Best of luck out West. Let's get 2 teams back in the FF
                    Quinnipiac University '15
                    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                    ECAC Championship: 2016
                    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

According to USCHO story on home page attendance was down dramatically across the board for all college playoff games and series. Not gonna grow hockey if the powers that be don't go the extra mile to televise playoff games, i.e. 'Gate-QU on Friday night. I'm still steamed about that.....

Now they've dropped the ball again with the FS game.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                        The selection show didnt do us any favors, as we were barely mentioned, but hey, use it as a chip and play even better
                        They always do this. They spend 50% of each bracket segment on the 1-seed, then drop in a couple hastily-researched semi-truisms about the other 3 in the bracket. Then they jump to the panel who know nothing about anybody except maybe Michigan, Minnesota and BC.

It's not a Colgate or even an ECAC problem, it's a Bristol problem.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                          According to USCHO story on home page attendance was down dramatically across the board for all college playoff games and series. Not gonna grow hockey if the powers that be don't go the extra mile to televise playoff games, i.e. 'Gate-QU on Friday night. I'm still steamed about that.....

Now they've dropped the ball again with the FS game.
                          The ECAC actually increased attendance by 1000 per night, with no "local" teams. Barely anything mentioned about that. The only way to significantly increase attendance is to give an extra week between quarters and semis. I don't recommend it but it's the only way.

Same w/ the NCAA regional.

So, what are the thoughts about Ferris State? We have played them 3x fairly well all three times. The only bad period we played statistically was the third of game one.
                          Last edited by red133883; 03-25-2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Channel 3 out of Syracuse covered Gate leaving Starr for Cinn. yest, looked like there were several hundred people there, it was nice. They were getting on a bus, hopefully heading to the Syracuse airport avoiding a 10+ hour drive.

Question, does the NCAA pay for their travel expenses, if so, I hope they flied.
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Hey Colgate:
                              Good Luck
                              Kick some *** !!!! Take no prisoners !!!!

Either QU or us will see you in Phili
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Channel 3 out of Syracuse covered Gate leaving Starr for Cinn. yest, looked like there were several hundred people there, it was nice. They were getting on a bus, hopefully heading to the Syracuse airport avoiding a 10+ hour drive.

Question, does the NCAA pay for their travel expenses, if so, I hope they flied.
                                The NCAA does pay for travel expenses. Colgate did fly to Cincinnati: https://***********/Colgate_Hockey/s...03378119426048

Also, video footage of our double-OT goal can be found here: http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/sto...2#.UzQ5jl61ARw
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X