Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

Time to lose the championship signature and start anew. Much talk in the old thread about the recruits coming in next year. I believe the great press and performances over the past 4-5 years have put Yale in a good place going forward. Coach Allain has settled in and is also a great draw to the program. http://www.collegecommitments.com/De...cq9=1627549359 has this group of young men listed as possibly part next years incoming class.

Repensky, Nate RD 1993
    DiNicola, Nicholas F 1994
    Walsh, Anthony LD 1995
    Baiocco, John RW 1995
    Hart, Henry F 1994
    Gaus, Andrew RW 1995
    Smith, Mitchell LW 1996
    Smith, Evan C 1996
    Hitchcock, Ryan LW 1996
    Snively, Joseph C 1996

Alot of talk that the Smith brothers are coming to New Haven. I will get it out of the way now and just call the duo "The Cough Drops".

Although i follow Yale closely, the recruit stuff eludes me, if anyone has any insight on this group please fell free to chime in.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

Looking back for a minute, great interview with Kenny Agostino about how he is adjusting to the pro game. Good luck to Kenny a class act all the way. http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocen...d=11&id=579771
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Nate Repensky - 5'10" - 179 pounds - 40 games with Bismark in the NAHL last season, 33 points, 108 PIM, +22.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=122650

Comment

Smith twins are solid, probably at least a year or 2 of juniors first
        Hart had great year in NE prep, could be an impact player, a bit small, but extremely crafty
        overall size of incoming recruits concerns me, but a few big boys for 15 might help, hear they are also close to Kent prep Dman Chugg 6'4" 210

Comment

Ronnieb, welcome to the thread, I too was looking at the recruits stated size stats and they are mostly on the small end for the forwards. Would be interested on your take on who may be the actual players coming in next year. As I stated before, there is no way Yale will carry a 29 man roster.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

IMO and based on past recruiting behaviors, I only see Hart, Repensky, Dinocola, Snively as prepared enough to come in 14/15. That would still leave wiggle room in roster given there always seems to be potential for change (i.e. admittance, decommits, major junior, nhl etc.)

Comment

You have until 4 PM Friday to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014

This means you:

arickeo
              bcarlisle
              Brett Gobe
              Brian Sullivan/Nate Owen
              cudmud
              hockeyplayer1015
              ibanezist00
              Jack T. Ripper
              Maine-iac
              Mike Hutter
              Nyhockeyguy
              PutItBackOn
              QUAlum2004
              rfs04
              Rjm7272
              StayPuftMMcu
              TchrBill
              TheValleyRaider
              ufanbill
              UnionTDX04
              Wholin1
              rjohntute
              Nottme
              Last edited by vicb; 03-21-2014, 05:09 AM.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Less than 12 hours to go. You have until 4 PM today to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014

This means you:

arickeo
                bcarlisle
                Brett Gobe
                Brian Sullivan/Nate Owen
                cudmud
                hockeyplayer1015
                ibanezist00
                Jack T. Ripper
                Maine-iac
                Mike Hutter
                Nyhockeyguy
                PutItBackOn
                StayPuftMMcu
                TchrBill
                ufanbill
                UnionTDX04
                Wholin1
                rjohntute
                Nottme
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Here's Yale's full schedule for next season. All dates are tentative and can still be moved at this point.

YALE 2014-15 SCHEDULE

October
                  25: vs. Canadian university TBA (exhibition)
                  31: vs. Princeton at Liberty Invitational, Prudential Center, Newark N.J.

November
                  1: vs. UConn or Merrimack at Liberty Invitational, Newark, N.J.
                  7: Clarkson
                  8: St. Lawrence
                  14: at Dartmouth
                  15: at Harvard
                  21: at Cornell
                  22: at Colgate
                  29: Rochester Institute of Technology

December
                  5: RPI
                  6: Union
                  27: Russian Red Stars (exhibition)
                  30: at Holy Cross

January
                  3: Vermont
                  10: "Rivalry on Ice" vs. Harvard at Madison Square Garden (non-conference)
                  13: at Merrimack
                  17: Brown
                  18: at Brown
                  23: at St. Lawrence
                  24: at Clarkson
                  30: Princeton
                  31: Quinnipiac

February
                  6: Harvard
                  7: Dartmouth
                  13: at Union
                  14: at RPI
                  20: at Quinnipiac
                  21: at Princeton
                  27: Colgate
                  28: Cornell
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Been following along here for years, finally decided to give posting a shot.

Two things, first regarding the size of recruits. I'm not so concerned. Some of the most successful Yale teams over the last decade have been pretty tiny on average. Looking specifically at 2010-11, which was probably a better team than the National Champs, it was led by guys like Kevin Peel, Sean Backman, Mark Arcobello, Andrew Miller, Brian O'Neill...all of whom are 5'9 or smaller on a good day. As long as we've got 2 or 3 big offensive forwards (guys like Hayden and DiChiara or, to use guys from the past, Jeff Anderson, Chad Ziegler and Denny Kearney) I've got no problem with a small, fast, skilled team.

Now the schedule...what is with this team's inability to get some big powerhouses on the schedule?? We've had BC, Colorado College, Denver in the past, but the last two years we have been stuck with the same weak out of conference schedule that ends up putting a lot of extra weight on the ECAC schedule when it comes to the PWR. Scheduling UConn, Holy Cross and RIT, plus the extra "non-conference" games with Princeton and Harvard don't help. Not sure what the situation is, I'm sure it's not for lack of effort, but I'd love to see us go out to Minnesota or Michigan, or even Northeastern, Providence, BU, BC...there has to be a way to get that done.

Comment

I know it's obvious, but this is a joke.

Some things that must change:
                      1- we cannot play more than 1 "non-conference" game against an ECAC team. If that is Harvard as MSG so be it. But you must get rid of any others.
                      2- we cannot continue to play Holy Cross
                      3- we will never be viewed as more than a lucky one hit wonder until we start scheduling like a team that expects to be in NCAAs regularly. And maybe we don't

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Here's Yale's full schedule for next season. All
                      dates are tentative and can still be moved at this point.

YALE 2014-15 SCHEDULE

October
                      25: vs. Canadian university TBA (exhibition)
                      31: vs. Princeton at Liberty Invitational, Prudential Center, Newark N.J.

November
                      1: vs. UConn or Merrimack at Liberty Invitational, Newark, N.J.
                      7: Clarkson
                      8: St. Lawrence
                      14: at Dartmouth
                      15: at Harvard
                      21: at Cornell
                      22: at Colgate
                      29: Rochester Institute of Technology

December
                      5: RPI
                      6: Union
                      27: Russian Red Stars (exhibition)
                      30: at Holy Cross

January
                      3: Vermont
                      10: "Rivalry on Ice" vs. Harvard at Madison Square Garden (non-conference)
                      13: at Merrimack
                      17: Brown
                      18: at Brown
                      23: at St. Lawrence
                      24: at Clarkson
                      30: Princeton
                      31: Quinnipiac

February
                      6: Harvard
                      7: Dartmouth
                      13: at Union
                      14: at RPI
                      20: at Quinnipiac
                      21: at Princeton
                      27: Colgate
                      28: Cornell
                      -------------
                      Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                        I know it's obvious, but this is a joke.

Some things that must change:
                        1- we cannot play more than 1 "non-conference" game against an ECAC team. If that is Harvard as MSG so be it. But you must get rid of any others.
                        2- we cannot continue to play Holy Cross
                        3- we will never be viewed as more than a lucky one hit wonder until we start scheduling like a team that expects to be in NCAAs regularly. And maybe we don't
                        Sorry to say that Yale is committed to the Liberty Invitational for the next three years, the upside is that it will include games against Hockey East foes. The Yale / Harvard MSG thing will most likely end up turning into a victim of the first year success.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by skillz View Post
                          Been following along here for years, finally decided to give posting a shot.

Two things, first regarding the size of recruits. I'm not so concerned. Some of the most successful Yale teams over the last decade have been pretty tiny on average. Looking specifically at 2010-11, which was probably a better team than the National Champs, it was led by guys like Kevin Peel, Sean Backman, Mark Arcobello, Andrew Miller, Brian O'Neill...all of whom are 5'9 or smaller on a good day. As long as we've got 2 or 3 big offensive forwards (guys like Hayden and DiChiara or, to use guys from the past, Jeff Anderson, Chad Ziegler and Denny Kearney) I've got no problem with a small, fast, skilled team.

Now the schedule...what is with this team's inability to get some big powerhouses on the schedule?? We've had BC, Colorado College, Denver in the past, but the last two years we have been stuck with the same weak out of conference schedule that ends up putting a lot of extra weight on the ECAC schedule when it comes to the PWR. Scheduling UConn, Holy Cross and RIT, plus the extra "non-conference" games with Princeton and Harvard don't help. Not sure what the situation is, I'm sure it's not for lack of effort, but I'd love to see us go out to Minnesota or Michigan, or even Northeastern, Providence, BU, BC...there has to be a way to get that done.
                          Welcome to the thread skillz , please continue to provide your insight. All great points, and I agree completely about the schedule. Relying on the ECAC schedule to provide enough pairwise points is a recipe for mediocrity. Not because the teams aren't good, but the schedule is such a grind that you are bound to lose a few especially in a top heavy year like the last season with Q and Union so strong. Hockey East teams can get away with that type of schedule (example Vermont), not ECAC teams.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Would love to start some Captain speculation. Not sure when they will announce, but I would be shocked if it's not Dark Deuces himself, Tommy Fallen.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by skillz View Post
                              Would love to start some Captain speculation. Not sure when they will announce, but I would be shocked if it's not Dark Deuces himself, Tommy Fallen.

Anyone else have thoughts?
                              Fallen, Killian and Day are really the only seniors who spend enough time on the ice to warrant a Captaincy. I agree that Tommy should be the front runner for the job.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X