Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

ASSOCIATE HEAD MEN'S HOCKEY COACH:

https://jobs.usnh.edu/applicants/jsp...stingId=161883

"The Associate Head Hockey Coach is responsible, as coordinator of recruiting for all phases of recruiting as well as responsible for the defensive skills and techniques which must conform to the overall philosophy of the team defense."
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by Darius View Post

"The Associate Head Hockey Coach is responsible, as coordinator of recruiting for all phases of recruiting as well as responsible for the defensive skills and techniques which must conform to the overall philosophy of the team defense."
      Coincidence that would pop-up on the jobs site within a week of Foley leaving NU?
      Are you guys brothers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
        Coincidence that would pop-up on the jobs site within a week of Foley leaving NU?
        Interesting. Looks like a situation where the university (or the state) has one of those "must post every open role before hiring" deals. So you write up a tailor-made role. I love it. I have to do it often in the private sector as well. Hope it pans out as more than a coinky-dinky.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Early speculation has former UNH captain/former Northeastern and Harvard Assistant Coach Pat Foley replacing Coach Tortorella. Foley would take over head recruiting duties from Coach Borek plus responsibility for defensive systems. Borek would remain as offensive coordinator and would, no doubt, maintain all his contacts in the recruiting world.
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

What happened to Coach Tortorella?
            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post

So far, this job posting on the University System of New Hampshire website is the only confirmed information about a UNH men's hockey coaching job opening up. As many posters have discussed over the last couple years, there would be a number of qualified candidates for such a position.

Comment

Perhaps UNH will have three associate coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Perhaps UNH will have three associate coaches?
                  I would find it hard to believe that given the budgetary woes in the university system, that the athletic department would be able to scare up the $$$ to fund a third Associate Head Coach. Then again, this is UNH...who knows what sort of creative accounting is going on behind the scenes?

Tortorella and Borek are still listed as AHC's on the UNH athletics website....don't get me wrong, I would love to see Foley behind the UNH bench in an AHC position.
                  UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    I would find it hard to believe that given the budgetary woes in the university system, that the athletic department would be able to scare up the $$$ to fund a third Associate Head Coach. Then again, this is UNH...who knows what sort of creative accounting is going on behind the scenes?

Tortorella and Borek are still listed as AHC's on the UNH athletics website....don't get me wrong, I would love to see Foley behind the UNH bench in an AHC position.
                    Unfortunately, the NCAA only allows teams to pay two assistant coaches. That's why the goalie coach is an unpaid position.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                      Unfortunately, the NCAA only allows teams to pay two assistant coaches. That's why the goalie coach is an unpaid position.
                      I noticed that Nodak has three AHCs listed?

Comment

I noticed that Nodak has three AHCs listed?
                        Brad Berry and Dane Jackson listed on official site as Assistant Coaches. Karl Goehring as volunteer goaltending coach.
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

So, the mystery deepens.....

Comment

So, the mystery deepens.....
                            Well it would be odd to post the job if Coach T isn't leaving and they aren't allowed to add a coach (the listing is quite implicit about salary, etc). Guess we will find out when it all comes down the pike and right soon as the boys are heading to Durham in the next couple of days to begin pre-season. Speaking of the team...what might our early line ups look like? Here's my rendition of a potential starting line up:

Willows-Downing-Kelleher (sp) (Eiserman?)
                            Pesce-Cleland (Quast, Marks, Maller)
                            De Smith/Clark

Should be interesting with the newbies fighting for those starting spots early on. I know it's going to be quite competitive for our 'Cats schedule wise psyched to be able to hop over to the opener at Union as it's only 2 hours from where I'm officiating that day at Keene State College...road trip!
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Well it would be odd to post the job if Coach T isn't leaving and they aren't allowed to add a coach (the listing is quite implicit about salary, etc). Guess we will find out when it all comes down the pike and right soon as the boys are heading to Durham in the next couple of days to begin pre-season. Speaking of the team...what might our early line ups look like? Here's my rendition of a potential starting line up:

Willows-Downing-Kelleher (sp) (Eiserman?)
                              Pesce-Cleland (Quast, Marks, Maller)
                              De Smith/Clark

Should be interesting with the newbies fighting for those starting spots early on. I know it's going to be quite competitive for our 'Cats schedule wise psyched to be able to hop over to the opener at Union as it's only 2 hours from where I'm officiating that day at Keene State College...road trip!
                              Watch out for deer and moose wandering across Rt 9. :-)

Comment

Watch out for deer and moose wandering across Rt 9. :-)
                                Will do Snively! Coming from the North Country that's a good tip to remember...And as per my attempt to make up a make shift line up I completely overlooked Casey Thrush who of course is an Alt. Capt this year...hope he has a break out year coz we're gonna need it! How we doing getting to that 1000 post mark?
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X