Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
    Anyone know if Mikes Pastry is walking distance to North Station/ Garden?
    LOTS of great places in the North End are within walking distance to the Garden.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Psst ... e.cat still thinks "Moby Dick" is the 20 minute drum solo at an old Zeppelin gig. Don't spoil it for him.

For what it's worth ... I'd been holding onto that thread title for something bigger for quite some time now, but the writing staff at WIS Productions could never come up with a suitable concept. So it's used here as a "throwaway", as they say in the biz.

No, no, no. You must mean Magic Dick, who is still bringing it (apologies, HockeyRef); not so sure about ABBAs Agnetha Faltskog these days, although the Cats have a great opportunity to climb back up in SOS this weekend at the Garden.

And, note the word "legendary."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0q2Vy3fx2I
      Last edited by Snively65; 03-18-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        No, no, no. You must mean Magic Dick, who is still bringing it (apologies, HockeyRef); not so sure about ABBAs Agnetha Faltskog these days, although the Cats have a great opportunity to climb back up in SOS this weekend at the Garden.

And, note the word "legendary."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0q2Vy3fx2I
        Jeez ... we've got J. Geils, Supertramp, and an obligatory nod to ABBA's legendary Agnetha Faltskog going on. Very nice.

Me and e.cat will stick with Zep, though. Here's the edited version of "Moby Dick" (only the first 3 minutes!!) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZxzxaYb8I

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Jeez ... we've got J. Geils, Supertramp, and an obligatory nod to ABBA's legendary Agnetha Faltskog going on. Very nice.

Me and e.cat will stick with Zep, though. Here's the edited version of "Moby Dick" (only the first 3 minutes!!) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZxzxaYb8I
          Let's just hope that the Cats D-men do not walk off the stage leaving Casey Bonham DeSmith to defend all by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            Very clever Chuck

I swear, Stephen King could use you and Sonar for his next macabre novel
            I will continue with sage burning but it is worrisome that the ghosts are now attempting to be heard via Chuck's "Maybe Dick" and e.cat's reference to Stephen King. Someone noted in "Liquorature" that King was influenced by Moby Dick and supplied "a subterranean metaphor for the fight against overwhelming faceless odds..." Maybe the stars are lining up for positive things to occur?

After all - and correct me if I am wrong, I think Ishmael did survive ...... in a coffin.
            By the way - upon request I can get out my shaman drum and rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
              I will continue with sage burning but it is worrisome that the ghosts are now attempting to be heard via Chuck's "Maybe Dick" and e.cat's reference to Stephen King. Someone noted in "Liquorature" that King was influenced by Moby Dick and supplied "a subterranean metaphor for the fight against overwhelming faceless odds..." Maybe the stars are lining up for positive things to occur?

After all - and correct me if I am wrong, I think Ishmael did survive ...... in a coffin.
              Sonar that would be awesome! Heck, I tweeted a plea to the infamous Twitter "Hockey God" on Sunday knowing full well he could've ridiculed my tweet...also did my 'shamballa' thing I have going on. Whatever works!! Oh, and we could play rock em sock em...inspired hockey!!!!

Bring it 'Cats!!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Brilliant!!!

Comment

What? No shrunken heads?
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    What? No shrunken heads?
                    Google/Wiki "Candomble". I will be presenting my burning roadside offerings down here. Haven't decided whether it will be a pro-UNH or an anti-PC offering, or both. No animals will be hurt in the process.
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                      Google/Wiki "Candomble". I will be presenting my burning roadside offerings down here. Haven't decided whether it will be a pro-UNH or an anti-PC offering, or both. No animals will be hurt in the process.

Too funny Candomble seems to incorporate different religious traditions. Who am I to question?

I think I'll get in on the act and perform some kind of Celtic/Druid sacrifice. Maybe in concert with the vernal equinox. Not sure what to sacrifice though. Maybe a CD of the Anaheim Frozen Four game against Maine or an effigy of Noeth

Comment

Paging NCAA Watcher...
                        Dick Umile to AARP New Hampshire: "Your [sic] only as successful as the people you recruit."
                        https://twitter.com/AARPNH/status/446054336289058816
                        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                          Paging NCAA Watcher...
                          Dick Umile to AARP New Hampshire: "Your [sic] only as successful as the people you recruit."
                          https://twitter.com/AARPNH/status/446054336289058816
                          Wow.

Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy - those words are probably on the walls of his office.
                          UNH

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            Outside the Lines:
                            Phil Jackson, the former Bulls' and current Lakers' coach, uses teachings of the Lakota Sioux in his coaching. He would burn sage to cleanse the team of negative energy ......

See .... sage is the key .... I told you so.
                            Last edited by sonar; 03-19-2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I thought the endless UVM/UML bickering was fun... but this is... wow.
                              Druids, Led Zepplin, ABBA...

incidentally, am I only person in Boston who has never been to Mike's Pastries?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                I thought the endless UVM/UML bickering was fun... but this is... wow.
                                Druids, Led Zepplin, ABBA...

incidentally, am I only person in Boston who has never been to Mike's Pastries?
                                Even I've been to Mike's Jon. Love the cannolis

Comment

Working...
                                X