Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Get out! Who are they playing? Good for them hope they do it. That would be cool

It was good to meet you and Hubby at the Garden. That was fun.
    Fun meeting you and yours as well!! They are playing FCGU hockey; a team out of Florida (Fort Meyers I believe). This is D2 for the club level...You guys speak of a younger coach, the UNH coach Stephen McIsaac could be an excellent asst/ coach and he has international experience as well. He is also a UNH alum but I'm not 100% sure if he played for the 'Cats while there? Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if we see him eventually in that kind of role even though he has a "day job". I hope they win it...he's a great guy and devotes a ton of his time to this program. From what I hear he makes just about nothing to do it, too. Gives these guys a chance to continue to play at a decent level. Good Luck 'Club Cats!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Just to keep this board going...for a little while longer I suppose...who are you guys rooting for now that we are ..out? I am thinking another HE team...but haven't really taken the plunge yet. I do plan on tuning into the games..not one of those "anyone but BC" peeps tho! Any takers?
      Sorry, I have been distracted by the Futile Four thread.

Will probably root for u m l, although I will forego a visit to DCU, as I will be pre-occupied with the Bottom Feeders tournament. Miami and Dartmouth in a play-in game in southeastern Idaho, time to be determined.

Comment

Chuck very good analysis of what is what out there; but curious...you don't think Union has a shot?
        Just commenting on the HE teams there, HR. As far as Union goes ... don't care either way, the few fans who made the trip to Durham in January seemed nice enough. Pros are that Schenectady is BADLY in need of something - anything - to brighten the place up. Cons? Vecchione's on-line surrogate dad will be even more unbearable than usual.

Verdict? For now, screw Schenectady. They can wait a few years until the post-Vecchione era.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Just commenting on the HE teams there, HR. As far as Union goes ... don't care either way, the few fans who made the trip to Durham in January seemed nice enough. Pros are that Schenectady is BADLY in need of something - anything - to brighten the place up. Cons? Vecchione's on-line surrogate dad will be even more unbearable than usual.

Verdict? For now, screw Schenectady. They can wait a few years until the post-Vecchione era.
          Cue throughly emasculated troll-boy in 3......2......1......
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

And to think my son almost went there for college... Chose the UNH CEPS instead! Amazingly we only went to one...UNH game in his tenure from '07 to '11...Colorado College it was. To my chagrin I actually asked someone why the coaches pulled their players off the ice so much...eek!!!! I've come a long way...wink.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              And to think my son almost went there for college... Chose the UNH CEPS instead! Amazingly we only went to one...UNH game in his tenure from '07 to '11...Colorado College it was. To my chagrin I actually asked someone why the coaches pulled their players off the ice so much...eek!!!! I've come a long way...wink.
              Breaking on twitter TvR signs 2 year contract with Chicago Blachawks! Anyone verify? Tweeted by his brother James!!!

Comment

TVR has been signed by the Blackhawks!

From Chrismpeters twitter

Write up coming shortly on Trevor van Riemsdyk, just signed by Chicago. Was injured this yr, but JVR's brother has really come along at UNH.

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...69393315643392
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  TVR has been signed by the Blackhawks!

From Chrismpeters twitter

Write up coming shortly on Trevor van Riemsdyk, just signed by Chicago. Was injured this yr, but JVR's brother has really come along at UNH.

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...69393315643392
                  Wow!! Can't say that I'm surprised. I'm sure we all would have wished that he'd come back and finish his senior year, but he's a proven commodity with the "vR" bloodline

Best of luck to TvR!!

And best of luck to a REAL young UNH "D" next season.
                  UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Verdict? For now, screw Schenectady.
                    Bennett is Satan
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Wow!! Can't say that I'm surprised. I'm sure we all would have wished that he'd come back and finish his senior year, but he's a proven commodity with the "vR" bloodline

Best of luck to TvR!!

And best of luck to a REAL young UNH "D" next season.
                      Gotta be happy for Trevor...can't blame him one bit. Glad I had him sign my jersey at the NU game. Please enlighten me; does signing mean he gets to play with the big boys or does he play in their AHL feeder? What are the likely scenarios?

Comment

Gotta be happy for Trevor...can't blame him one bit. Glad I had him sign my jersey at the NU game. Please enlighten me; does signing mean he gets to play with the big boys or does he play in their AHL feeder? What are the likely scenarios?
                        Doubt he'll be doing anything until his ankle is healed.

Likely the AHL route. I don't know anything about the immediate D-man needs for the Blackhawks, but it would be a bit unusual to see a healthy TVR suit up for an NHL game this season unless someone goes down to an injury. Next season....who knows??
                        Last edited by Scott; 03-24-2014, 09:11 PM.
                        UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Seems like it would be crazy to risk re-injuring the ankle this spring, but should be in the Hawks camp this summer? Hawks at Garden this Friday night, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

Likely the AHL route. I don't know anything about the immediate D-man needs for the Blackhawks, but it would be a bit unusual to see a healthy TVR suit up for an NHL game (at least this season) unless someone goes down to an injury. Next season....who knows??
                            Naturally I realize he won't be playing any hockey til he's healthy! Sure there are lots of unknowns...yep biggg shoes for our D to fill next year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Likely the AHL route. I don't know anything about the immediate D-man needs for the Blackhawks, but it would be a bit unusual to see a healthy TVR suit up for an NHL game this season unless someone goes down to an injury. Next season....who knows??
                              I think Stephen Johns of ND is a better prospect for the Blackhawks...expect Johns to play before TVR
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                                Bennett is Satan
                                Satan? Like in the song Stairway to Heaven by one of Chuck's favorite groups from the early 70s?

Check out this Michael Shermer Ted Talks; whole thing is pretty funny, but if short on time, can advance to 9:30-11:20 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_jwq9ph8k

Comment

Working...
                                X